Young and Fromm | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Young and Fromm

Card carrying Fromm hater here and the news of Burrow’s hand size does bother me.

I do not recall Burrow playing in a bad weather games; so no real evidence its an issue. Could just have killer grip strength.

Colleges are the worst, I met a basketball player when I was at UGA who was listed at 6'5 and he and I looked eye to eye im 6'.

So where is all the hate on Burrow for his small hands, everyone calls out Fromm for small hands just got released that Burrow's hands are 9" :eek:

The cognitive dissonance on this one is going to be delectable.

For some people it's going to be so strong they may actually try and imply that the 1/8th inch disparity makes all the difference in the world. They'll do it low key, for example, by 1000% resisting any effort to round up Fromm's hand size to 9 inches, and 1000% focusing on the fact that Burrow's hand measured bigger, no equivalence tolerated.

The cognitive dissonance on this one is going to be delectable.

For some people it's going to be so strong they may actually try and imply that the 1/8th inch disparity makes all the difference in the world. They'll do it low key, for example, by 1000% resisting any effort to round up Fromm's hand size to 9 inches, and 1000% focusing on the fact that Burrow's hand measured bigger, no equivalence tolerated.

It is odd how people refuse to consider quantifiable things about "their guy", it doesn't mean the person who brings up the point wants you to knock him down or off your preference list. Just more things to analyze in the debate about a guy, but like you have mentioned even measurable FACTS just send people down the road of bashing another guy rather than contemplating all the facts about your guy. If you have resolve and conviction about a player you like; this kind of stuff should not move the dial, but when you revert to player bashing it makes me wonder if you are capable of having a discussion about the ENTIRE player profile.

Burrow has small hands, he also has the weakest arm of the group of him, Tua, Herbert, Love, Eason and Fromm. Thats measured and you cannot debate it, you can however; talk about all the other stuff he does well and how it can help overcome. But regurgitating the statement of "best season ever" and "never injured" just shows you are incapable of true player analysis. No prospect is perfect, you have to weigh what you find important and then rank the players based off that. Everyone scales is different. If people want to debate that fine but purely calling a guy trash or bash his game shows how narrow your view is.

Last edited:
Just measured my hands. 9 3/8 right hand and 8 1/2 left hand. Weird man.

I don't believe hand size should be disqualifying in the first place.

I think it's a nice plus for the QBs who have it.

9" hands are small for an NFL QB. Hands smaller than 9" are a fairly significant red flag in terms of starting in the NFL.

Although I told everyone 3 years ago Fromm's hands were tiny. It's not a newsflash for anybody that follows college football.

I tend to ding quarterbacks pretty harshly with tiny hands. Always have.

Good morning Mr Fan.

Just a heads up - you may want to stop by an ATM machine today while you're out and about. PM me for details on where to send that $100 bill.

Yes Sir, I owe you $100 ...lol.

Darn, I wonder if they measured his hair too.....lol.

9" hands are small for an NFL QB. Hands smaller than 9" are a fairly significant red flag in terms of starting in the NFL.

Although I told everyone 3 years ago Fromm's hands were tiny. It's not a newsflash for anybody that follows college football.

I tend to ding quarterbacks pretty harshly with tiny hands. Always have.

Same. I just found out about this on another site and doubletaked when I saw the 9 flat for Burrow. Weird because I'd never seen the concern toward him, while obviously it's been tagging Fromm for 3 years.

I read a year or so ago that while most teams still use 9 as minimum there are other teams who use 9.25 as cut off.

Anyway, I'd say the least surprising combine development of all time is Chase Young skipping the drills. He was going to bomb those drills, in terms of expectation and in comparison to his peers. It would have been a huge story, by combine standards, although it wouldn't have impacted his draft stock.

I wonder if Baron Browning would have skipped?

Same. I just found out about this on another site and doubletaked when I saw the 9 flat for Burrow. Weird because I'd never seen the concern toward him, while obviously it's been tagging Fromm for 3 years.

I read a year or so ago that while most teams still use 9 as minimum there are other teams who use 9.25 as cut off.

Anyway, I'd say the least surprising combine development of all time is Chase Young skipping the drills. He was going to bomb those drills, in terms of expectation and in comparison to his peers. It would have been a huge story, by combine standards, although it wouldn't have impacted his draft stock.

I wonder if Baron Browning would have skipped?

I cannot recall Burrow playing a bad weather game at LSU, so dont know if hand size is an issue. Might have great hand and grip strength but will be interesting to see him spin a bigger ball in lousy Cincy conditions rather than Louisiana where its 70 in December with those tiny hands. Not to mention 8 games in cincy and 3 others in Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Cleveland not great condition in the AFC North.

Hand size determines the type of grip you have to use to grasp the football - U grip or C grip. Along with hand speed, it determines how the football reacts coming out of your hand. If the hand speed is up in the 80's (mph) - ideally you just don't want to see hands less than 9 1/8".

Just keep it. Otherwise the wife will just get her grubby paws on it.

No No sir, it's yours you earned it, or I'll donate it (finheaven or UA, or XYZ you choose) . I'm responsible for putting my foot in my mouth, you were right ad I was wrong.

The worst part, I've actually warmed to that kid's ability...

No No sir, it's yours you earned it, or I'll donate it (finheaven or UA, or XYZ you choose) . I'm responsible for putting my foot in my mouth, you were right ad I was wrong.

The worst part, I've actually warmed to that kid's ability...

Tell you what - I'll try to make a deal with you if you're just hellbent on not letting me weasel out of it.

Donating it to the site in form of 4 VIP memberships for 3 posters of your choosing will be acceptable. The other VIP membership has to be you.

Last edited:
Tell you what - I'll try to make a deal with you if you're just hellbent on not letting me weasel out of it.

Donating it to the site in form of 4 VIP memberships for 3 posters of your choosing will be acceptable. The other VIP membership has to be you.

A very kind offer, and I will accept on 1 condition. YOU MUST pick the other 3 memberships, not fair for me do it.....I lost the wager.

Pick me i want free VIP! Only cause I'm a MFin badass! :lie:
And what do you all make of Tua's different hand size?

Back
Top Bottom