Your back up QB wishlist for next year? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your back up QB wishlist for next year?

And he only makes 2 Mill a year compared to Brisset's 7.5 mill.
Brisket should wear a bandits mask under his helmet at that salary. He performs at a level that should pay about $750 a start...and thats only if the team wins. Post a loss and he gets 1/2 of that...

Mariota is my top choice. I think he'd be a really good person to back up Tua. While you'd have to make some changes in the offense, I don't think you would need to make many.

I guess I would have no problem with the Ginger Assassin.

He is good for 3 to 4 great games a season anyways, so backup for us would be perfect for him in case we need him.

If we can't get Dalton, Trubisky would be good.

this is an easy one. Tua being from the pacific, get him a pacific friend in Mariota. Mariota can push him better.

Always seems like such a waste when teams throw big money at these veteran backup QBs or waste high round picks. Even if he had been a competent player what was the point of using 5 mil on a guy like Brissett? I would have rather seen what Sinnett could have done out there, even if he ended up falling on his face. To me these vet backup QBs are just comfort blankets for coaches who want some sense of security when their starter goes down.

Throwing high round picks at backups is almost as wasteful. So few pan out and even if they do and provide some return in the form of a trade its not going to be until 2-3 yrs down the road. Its tough to justify losing out on a contributing positional player on a rookie deal just for the chance that this QB might turn out to be a decent backup.

Give me someone like Sam Howell or Kedon Slovis if they fall into the later rounds. Kids with all the tools that were never quite able to put it together in college. Odds are they'll burn out in the pros as well but there's a chance that it will work out and it worst case you burn a practice squad spot for a year.
I'm understanding the disparity between your post count and reaction score from those concepts. Backup QB is often the second most important player on the team especially with the injury history Tua has. Go tell the Saints how a backup doesn't matter besides being a security blanket. Totally ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom