Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Fitz

Votes: 10 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • Burrow

Votes: 58 12.1%

• Total voters
He didn't kick Tua's ***. They don't play against each other.

He did, however, kick Bama's ***.

As fot Tua, a gladiator type effort, but the reality is, by the time he started his heroic effort, LSU was on it's 3rd tier backfield defensively, and in the end, was on the losing team.

PS: I watched the entire game, completely sober, by the way.

Excuse after excuse. Both QBs played an excellent game and we likely saw the first and second picks in the upcoming draft battling it out. Which is which will be argued until then, but I don’t get this need to belittle one QB or the other.

Excuse after excuse. Both QBs played an excellent game and we likely saw the first and second picks in the upcoming draft battling it out. Which is which will be argued until then, but I don’t get this need to belittle one QB or the other.
Where did I make any "excuses"?

I gave both credit, as I saw due.

I was just stating what I witnessed. I don't pretend, as some do, that I have either the experience, nor the information that professional personnel people do.

Burrow won. Tua lost. Winning is the goal. No excuses there. Justs the facts ma'am.

Where did I make any "excuses"?

I gave both credit, as I saw due.

I was just stating what I witnessed. I don't pretend, as some do, that I have either the experience, nor the information that professional personnel people do.

Burrow won. Tua lost. Winning is the goal. No excuses there. Justs the facts ma'am.
Burrow won and Tua lost. Those are indeed facts, but the second you start to imply that it is what separates the two is where facts go out the window and you're just a talk radio jock looking for listeners to rant at you for attention.

Tua didn't handle pressure well at all. It was only the second ranked team that he's faced all year and he threw the ball all over the place. Having players in his face caused him to throw to many incompletions because he couldn't see over them. Also, I've noticed that a lot of times, not all of the time, but a lot of times, Tua is throwing to spots on the field and not to receivers. You can do that when you have 4 or 5 great WR's on you team, but not in the NFL. Burrow look great even under pressure. Made the throws when he had to, but took the sack when nothing was available. Didn't press the football. Smart, very smart QB. Hands down Burrow over Tua.

Burrow won and Tua lost. Those are indeed facts, but the second you start to imply that it is what separates the two is where facts go out the window and you're just a talk radio jock looking for listeners to rant at you for attention.
Having an opinion on what seperates them is not an "excuse" either.

An excuse would be if I said Tua's injury was why he lost, or if I said his success was because of the team around him. I made no such statements.

Words have definitions. If you throw them around out of context, you distort thier meaning, your accuracy suffers.

This dude is talking about LSU being down DBs and he’s acting like he isn’t making excuses. Sports fans are worse than fanboys.

I think some team might get a 5th to absorb cam's contract. Is that enough or would it take a little more?

If we lose out, we will pick at least #3, if Skins and Bengals win one more game outside of beating us, we have #1 and this is the best place for us to be. Apparently Ross and Grier were at the Bama/LSU game, you don't take the owner to a college game for any other reason than your drafting one of the two QBs. So I think we are moving up, if we don't land #1 or #2. That would still be my plan B, but hoping we don't have to spend anything to get the guy we want. They may also already have put out feelers to the Bengals and/or skins to see how much it will cost them to pick their guy. In my mind right now, I don't think there is anyway they are not picking one of Tua or Burrow, this could change though if we are picking outside the top 5 then we may not have the capital to move up.

Prominent agent Drew Rosenhaus was asked by Steve Shapiro on his weekly WSVN-Fox segment whether he would select LSU’s Joe Burrow or Alabama’s Tua Tagovailoa if he were making the call.
“That’s an easy one: Joe Burrow,” Rosenhaus said. “Burrow is unbelievably accurate. He can make every throw. Very poised. Super bright. He’s going to be the first pick. He’s going to win the Heisman in my opinion. I don’t think the Dolphins are going to get him unless they can somehow trade up. Cincinnati, they’re the chalk pick to get Burrow right now. They haven’t won a game. They’re much worse than Miami. He’s from Ohio. Would make sense they would take him. The Dolphins would have to get really lucky.
“Tua is not a bad consolation. He can really throw the deep ball. Highly athletic. The Dolphins can’t go wrong with either guy. But if you ask me who’s better, I say Joe Burrow.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article236925093.html#storylink=cpy

I tend to agree with Rosenhaus. Burrow looks like he's going to Cincinnati and I think they will be smart enough to take him.

I do, however, see the Redskins as the next worst team and since they've already made an investment in Haskins (and seem to like him), I don't see them taking Tua. Their need is a Left Tackle to save Haskins' life. The question for them is, 'can they trade down a few spots and not so far down that they miss out on the stud Tackles?'

I think they can (and will), so the question becomes, 'which team wants Tua bad enough to overspend picks to get him'? I hope it isn't us, but if we make the move, I will root for him, even though he's not my pick.

One team that I'd watch out for here... is the Chargers. Rivers isn't young and they are not winning with him much anyway. L.A. likes bright shiny things... like Tua.

Who are the 15 trolls that voted for Fromm??!? :bobdole:
who the hell are you calling a troll, thats realistically who we are slotted to get at pick 5 or whatever if you guys want to fantasize about Tua or Burrow its fine but that ship is sailed.. I'd seriously take Jake Fromm over Herbert.. Unless you want to give those 1st rounders all up to go and get Tua that is what we are faced with now..

Enjoy

I tend to agree with Rosenhaus. Burrow looks like he's going to Cincinnati and I think they will be smart enough to take him.

I do, however, see the Redskins as the next worst team and since they've already made an investment in Haskins (and seem to like him), I don't see them taking Tua. Their need is a Left Tackle to save Haskins' life. The question for them is, 'can they trade down a few spots and not so far down that they miss out on the stud Tackles?'

I think they can (and will), so the question becomes, 'which team wants Tua bad enough to overspend picks to get him'? I hope it isn't us, but if we make the move, I will root for him, even though he's not my pick.

One team that I'd watch out for here... is the Chargers. Rivers isn't young and they are not winning with him much anyway. L.A. likes bright shiny things... like Tua.

When a QB is bad as Haskins you move on from him, You want Evidence look at our own Backup QB Rosen a 1st rounder from a 2 years ago traded for a generational talent the next (god i hate that term).. I think the redskins see that he wasn't the answer so short of him winning games which i don't really see happening Tua is gone unless we mortgage all 3 first rounders to move back up and get him.

When a QB is bad as Haskins you move on from him, You want Evidence look at our own Backup QB Rosen a 1st rounder from a 2 years ago traded for a generational talent the next (god i hate that term).. I think the redskins see that he wasn't the answer so short of him winning games which i don't really see happening Tua is gone unless we mortgage all 3 first rounders to move back up and get him.

'As bad as Haskins' you say.

How has he been 'bad' in your mind? Many QBs (especially pocket QBs) do not play for a year or two... or even three.

Tell me why you think Haskins is this 'bad'.

Back
Top Bottom