Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Fitz

Votes: 10 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • Burrow

Votes: 58 12.1%

• Total voters
Did i miss something. Haskins was just named starter for the rest of the season.
Precicely, they want to find out if they need to draft another QB. Playing him is the only way to do that, and appease the fan base.

If Hasking is the abject failure he would appear to be, they will likely draft another.

One thing I would add, IDK if he was Snieder's choice, but if he was, he may be too stubborn/arrogant to move on so quickly.

I think Joe is best qb in this draft. Tua is second best qb in this draft but this is kicker. Herbert, loves and Fromm. May have better chance at success because they might get drafted to better team. Than Tua and Joe.

I think Burrow or Tua if there is the pick. If not, I would go with Herbert. I do not understand the posts about Jordan Love, the guy has 11 TDs, and 12 INTs. I watched Eason last weekend and I wasn't impressed. Don't watch too much college ball, but not sure why Jalen Hurts isn't more popular, watched highlights of him and he looks like a baller.

I agree with your top 3 there, although I have Tua still considerably ahead of Burrow, because of the fact that he has more than one season of production and seems to be a perfect fit for us.

For Love, it's all about the physical toolset there, the upside and potential, just look at some of his highlight reel stuff and you will be smitten. Everyone can look great in highlight reel, hell even Jake Fromm :p But this kid you can see what he could offer a team that develops him, he's a project though, not ready day one of the 2020 season.

I hear you on Hurts, in today's NFL there is a place for Jalen, I would take him in a double down with Love, assuming he drops to the 2nd or 3rd round, I don't think he will after Lamar Jackson's example, someone will take the plunge in the lower part of round 1 on him. If Love doesn't declare he's my number 4 guy and the last I would consider using a first for (although his value is not there).

I think Joe is best qb in this draft. Tua is second best qb in this draft but this is kicker. Herbert, loves and Fromm. May have better chance at success because they might get drafted to better team. Than Tua and Joe.
Winner winner, chicken dinner.

A lot of fans, on both sides of the arguement, dismiss this simple fact.

A good choaching staff, with a good QB, will win a lot more games than an all world QB, with horrible coaches.

I don't understand your issue with this. Are you really trying to imply that someone like Hurts would get the same level of coaching from Bridgewater as he would with Fitz? The answer is pretty obviously no, so do I really care that I have 2 capable veteran QBs on the roster when Fitz is already signed for next season?

Why not THREE veterans? dump the kid!

Precicely, they want to find out if they need to draft another QB. Playing him is the only way to do that, and appease the fan base.

If Hasking is the abject failure he would appear to be, they will likely draft another.

One thing I would add, IDK if he was Snieder's choice, but if he was, he may be too stubborn/arrogant to move on so quickly.

Think it's a little bit early to read the last rights on Haskins, he's started only 2 games in the NFL. The skins are being sensible though and naming him the starter for the rest of the year, they'll know when 2019 is over if they need to draft another guy.

Just an FYI, Joe Burrow is at LSU because he couldn't beat out Haskins at Ohio State !

Writing off a rookie QB is insane... just insane.

The Hall of Fame is full of QBs who had poor rookie seasons.

The fact that so many are willing to do this is a testament to the impatience that is killing our society.

Think it's a little bit early to read the last rights on Haskins, he's started only 2 games in the NFL. The skins are being sensible though and naming him the starter for the rest of the year, they'll know when 2019 is over if they need to draft another guy.

Just an FYI, Joe Burrow is at LSU because he couldn't beat out Haskins at Ohio State !
Hmmmm......

Isn't that pretty much what I said?

Also, what does Burrow leaving OSU have to do with Haskin's play at Washington.

There are countless very good college QBs, that don't cut it at the NFL level.

Burrow broke his thumb at Ohio State and Haskins was then named the starter by default.

Writing off a rookie QB is insane... just insane.

The Hall of Fame is full of QBs who had poor rookie seasons.

The fact that so many are willing to do this is a testament to the impatience that is killing our society.
Depends upon the reasons for writing him off doesn't it?

I'm not at all comparing the two, but it was pretty obvious that Ryan Leaf was a disaster after year 1.

I agree that some guys take a couple years for the light to come on, but don't agree with the "blanket" statement.

It's also happens where teams hold out hope for too long, and waste years on guys that never progress. It is a fine line. That's why front office ppl make the big $.

While I applaud your dedication to making a sensible argument.

I can't accept it.

There is always hope for any well regarded prospect. Many who have come to camp as immature brats have grown when presented with proper coaching.

I guess you could say that if a prospect turned out to have a serious drug problem (Jamarcus Russell or Todd Marinovich), then maybe you could write them off, but even some of those guys have made it back.

None of these apply to Haskins however. At present, he just looks overwhelmed and is being placed into a position where he has few weapons. This happens to many well drafted QBs... giving up on them to chase the next shiny object is generally the mark of an inept and seriously impatient franchise.

Umm... in my ever so humble opinion.

Since the thread started a lot has happened. Personally I would like Tua at the fins with Burtow a close second from what I’ve seen but if we don’t manage to get either then I would take one of the others in the list if available in 2nd rnd and fill as many holes as we can with our picks. I hope we’re really smart in free agency.

This will leave us to throw the kitchen sink in landing Lawrence in 21 if it doesn’t work out.

I doubt the skins give up on Haskins after just one season, specially when the owner is the one that fell in love with him. I don't believe they'd draft a QB top 5. They could however move down for more picks which I hope they don't do if we're drafting behind them.

I doubt the skins give up on Haskins after just one season, specially when the owner is the one that fell in love with him. I don't believe they'd draft a QB top 5. They could however move down for more picks which I hope they don't do if we're drafting behind them.

I think the success of Kyler Murray this year with the Cards, is changing the narrative that you give a rookie time by passing on a prospect that's more highly touted. The fact that we gave up a 2nd rounder for Rosen too helps these GMs make the case to cut bait after a shorter period of time. The skins are absolutely going to think long and hard about pulling the trigger on Tua or Burrow if they are sitting at 1 or 2 IMO.

I agree with your top 3 there, although I have Tua still considerably ahead of Burrow, because of the fact that he has more than one season of production and seems to be a perfect fit for us.

For Love, it's all about the physical toolset there, the upside and potential, just look at some of his highlight reel stuff and you will be smitten. Everyone can look great in highlight reel, hell even Jake Fromm :p But this kid you can see what he could offer a team that develops him, he's a project though, not ready day one of the 2020 season.

I hear you on Hurts, in today's NFL there is a place for Jalen, I would take him in a double down with Love, assuming he drops to the 2nd or 3rd round, I don't think he will after Lamar Jackson's example, someone will take the plunge in the lower part of round 1 on him. If Love doesn't declare he's my number 4 guy and the last I would consider using a first for (although his value is not there).
NFL give up on qb quick. Got pick right guy these day. Qb must be almost ready to play when draft. Haskins need pick his game up or hope redskins find right qb and OC for him.

Back
Top Bottom