Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Fitz

Votes: 10 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • Burrow

Votes: 58 12.1%

• Total voters
If you're not thinking in terms of who the qb will be for the next decade, but instead just focusing on who would be best for the team in terms of wins over the next 5 years I doubt any of the rookies in 2020 class will produce more than some of the vets that will be available. If the team does opt to go with the path of grooming a young qb fans need to grow patience. After all some fans here seem pretty down on Rosen early in his learning process, but after getting a closer look at Rudolph, Mayfield, Allen and Darnold in recent weeks Rosen doesn't seem to be any further behin the learning curve than those four young qbs. The gap seems even less when you see what those qbs look like when placed under similar defensive pressure that Rosen faced in Miami and Arizona. What is it about Herbert, Fromm, Tua or Burrow will have that much more success than the 2018 draft class.

MY choice would be Tua, but I picked Fromm, solely because I believe that's who they'll draft. Won't have a shot at Tua. Cincy will be ALL OVER that dude. It'll be fun to watch Zac Taylor misuse/abuse the **** out of him. They will be in the "we just drafted our savior" mode...and I disagree with that tact. I believe they (the office/coach) will have Tua 1a and Fromm 1b...and I believe a fair portion of their rating on them will be based on discipline and leadership.

If you're not thinking in terms of who the qb will be for the next decade, but instead just focusing on who would be best for the team in terms of wins over the next 5 years I doubt any of the rookies in 2020 class will produce more than some of the vets that will be available. If the team does opt to go with the path of grooming a young qb fans need to grow patience. After all some fans here seem pretty down on Rosen early in his learning process, but after getting a closer look at Rudolph, Mayfield, Allen and Darnold in recent weeks Rosen doesn't seem to be any further behin the learning curve than those four young qbs. The gap seems even less when you see what those qbs look like when placed under similar defensive pressure that Rosen faced in Miami and Arizona. What is it about Herbert, Fromm, Tua or Burrow will have that much more success than the 2018 draft class.
Do you watch film? Maybe you should because you could do the eyeball test on anyone you want? For me only Tua stands out

Do you watch film? Maybe you should because you could do the eyeball test on anyone you want? For me only Tua stands out

Are you saying when you watch Tua on film that you see a qb that will succeed in the NFL day one even if he has poor protection, is constantly under pressure and has very limited talent and coaching around him? Sure Tua stands out, but if he gets off to a slow NFL start he wouldn't be the first college standout to not have instant pro success. Are you saying Mayfield and Darnold didn't standout at the college level? Does Tua standout that much more than Mayfield stoodout? What have you seen in Tua that suggest he's a zero risk qb, meaning there's no chance he's not a top 5 or 6 NFL qb in the next few years? I like Tua and really hope he succeeds, but to me people need to be patient and understand it might take time. The notion that every few seasons there's a 22 year old kid that is already better than most 28 and 30 year old experienced starting qbs has shown time and time and time again that there is a degree of risk in that way of thinking. I think if you put Tua a similar situation as Rosen was in with the Cardinals you're not going to see instant NFL success.

Or Lawrence in 2021 :)
That's a risky game to play. I am going to go out on a limb, and say we won't be close to getting a top 5 pick next year. If we are, we have serious problems.

That means if whoever owns first overall wants Lawrence, we have no shot to begin with.

Are you saying when you watch Tua on film that you see a qb that will succeed in the NFL day one even if he has poor protection, is constantly under pressure and has very limited talent and coaching around him? Sure Tua stands out, but if he gets off to a slow NFL start he wouldn't be the first college standout to not have instant pro success. Are you saying Mayfield and Darnold didn't standout at the college level? Does Tua standout that much more than Mayfield stoodout? What have you seen in Tua that suggest he's a zero risk qb, meaning there's no chance he's not a top 5 or 6 NFL qb in the next few years? I like Tua and really hope he succeeds, but to me people need to be patient and understand it might take time. The notion that every few seasons there's a 22 year old kid that is already better than most 28 and 30 year old experienced starting qbs has shown time and time and time again that there is a degree of risk in that way of thinking. I think if you put Tua a similar situation as Rosen was in with the Cardinals you're not going to see instant NFL success.
There is no zero risk in life - just watch the film watch the footwork watch ball placement watch how Tua’s line collapses and he non chalantly can get the ball to his receiver

Watch his unflappable leadership and poise - he will be elusive enuf to get out the pocket in the NFL -

Burrows intangible is that he grew up around football and he has this lunch bucket linebacker mentality -

Yes I think Burtow will be a running pylon in the nfl he is 6’4 215 - Tannehill is Much bigger and likely faster and he could not process the game in an elite fashion - the NFL opponents like when the QB tucks and runs when their initial read isn’t there - they will come after Burrow with a wild abandon like they do Mayfield and Darnold

Tua has learned 3 offensive systems in three years and his stats are pretty much the same across the board no aberration

He can handle a lot his football IQ is awesome and he can throw dimes.
watch the game on YouTube from last week Tua is making throws Burrow only wishes he could make. burrow is master drag route he won’t get that time in the nfl.
If Tua does not go to MiA because Cinci picks him we will all be kicking ourselves

check the YouTube tape on all these guys - don’t ask what the differences are go look it is free - fo back two and three years on Joe Burrow oh wait... ... not much to get excited about

go back 3 years on Tua he is a year younger than Joe and no moment is too big

there is risk in life - there is risk in Lawn Darts - there is a risk not trying to select awesome and going with lunch bucket good

Damn!!!

As much as like Tua, getting carted off with another injury certainly makes his durability a concern.

Report is it is his hip and he left screaming in pain.

Tua just went off in a cart with a leg injury
Saban should’ve pulled him out awhile ago. Stupid. It was the right ankle again. Tua shouldn’t have played today and let that ankle heal correctly instead of risking re injuring it.

Damn!!!

As much as like Tua, getting carted off with another leg injury certainly makes his durability a concern.

What good is an elite arm if it comes with fragile legs?

You take him anyway if he's there. No question.

Back
Top Bottom