Your choice for GM | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your choice for GM

Louis Riddick has vast knowledge of the game of football. When he speaks I usually find myself agreeing with his point of view. He would be an excellent GM imo. I think Grier is really hurting this team. Ross has to get him out.

Well Grier is the GM now. I think he has been average as a GM. There are things he does well, and things I'd like to see him do better.

I have said it many times, if they decided to move on from Grier then I would look to the Ravens front office staff. I would offer Newsome a blank check to come in and be the Czar and let him hire who he likes for GM and mentor him/her for a few years. If they didn't do that the guy I like is Joe Hortiz. He's worked his way up and been in the Ravens organization for 19 years. Right now he seems to be the front runner for the Giants GM job.

Honestly, I’m not sure what the qualifications to be a GM are? I don’t think I’d have any worse record drafting than Grier over the past 3-5 years.

In that sense, I guess I’m saying anyone could be the GM.

Jerry Jones is the opposite of behind the scenes.

Will McClay is the guy in Dallas you want.
Six days ago, they resigned him to a new deal

We have a lot of opinions around here on Grier and if he is a good GM or not, but what is the definition of a successful GM?

We have a lot of opinions around here on Grier and if he is a good GM or not, but what is the definition of a successful GM?
I think the issue is we don't know how many of these player acquisitions are Grier, Flores or Ross' call. Who picked Jackson, Igby, Tua? Who picked this year's crop? Who let go of Karras, Van Noy and Flowers? Whose decision was it to sign them in the first place?

Back
Top Bottom