• Chicago Cubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cleveland Indians

• Oakland Athletics

• Seattle Mariners

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Other... I will name them on the thread in my own post.

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters
MikeO said:
One time in 86 years doens't FORCE anyone to shut up. Only in your little "Boston fantasy land world" where you and only you and your sox fan exist. :shakeno: :shakeno:

And you guys wonder why everyone hates your team... Exhibit A -- Obnoxious fans. :)

MikeO said:
One time in 86 years doens't FORCE anyone to shut up. Only in your little "Boston fantasy land world" where you and only you and your sox fan exist. :shakeno: :shakeno:

You can also include any other fan in baseball who isn't a Yankee fan in this "boston fantasy world" ;)

FaninPatsyLand said:
This coming from an Atlanta Braves fan.:spit: Did you happen to look at your own stadium two years ago when it looked like Wrigley Field II in the 2003 NLDS?? You guys can't even sell out playoff games. You are definitely the last one that should be talking. :chuckle:

We don't need your input, Mr. Bosox. Ready for another 86 years of pain and misery?:roflmao: It would happen to most cities. 13 years, 1 championship. They'd come if we went further. I promise you that. The Braves still get pretty good attendance, and did in fact sell-out a playoff game last year in the NLDS. Sold-out 28 in the regular season. I guess that sends your little theory to he**.

GO BRAVES!

P.S. Jealousy is a sign of immaturity, my friend.

Fin_Fanatic said:
how about making it to the playoffs consistently?? does that count for anything??

Wow... a baseball fan with intelligence!

This guy blames me for the recent decline in attendance, when I don't even live anywhere near Atlanta. Believe me, if I could, I'd go to every game.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Not when it comes to fan support, it shouldn't. Unfortunately for many cities around the country, it does.

You would sound much more intelligent as a silent poster.:D

Just a little word of advice...

FinsForLife007 said:
We don't need your input, Mr. Bosox. Ready for another 86 years of pain and misery?:roflmao: It would happen to most cities. 13 years, 1 championship. They'd come if we went further. I promise you that. The Braves still get pretty good attendance, and did in fact sell-out a playoff game last year in the NLDS. Sold-out 28 in the regular season. I guess that sends your little theory to he**.

GO BRAVES!

P.S. Jealousy is a sign of immaturity, my friend.

Yeah, you don't need my input cause you sounded like a fool and I called you out on it.

They'd come if you went further, well that must mean that if you aren't winning they won't come. NOW there's a sign of a loyal fan base.:lol:

If you are going to knock Marlins fans for something YOUR OWN fanbase is guilty of, then you are hypocritical. :D

FinsForLife007 said:
Wow... a baseball fan with intelligence!

This guy blames me for the recent decline in attendance, when I don't even live anywhere near Atlanta. Believe me, if I could, I'd go to every game.

I'm not blaming you for anything, all I'm saying is that it sounds stupid when an Atlanta Braves fan is mocking other teams fan support. When in fact, they clearly have a problem of their own.

By the way, why would I be jealous of the Braves?? I root for the World Champions.:)

FiN.in.RI said:
Life lessons comming form a little 16 year old. :roflmao:

And at 23 you know it all. .....:roflmao:

I got more time in the sh*thouse than both of you have on this planet combined!

I believe last year's ALCS was the biggest choke in sports history, hands down....First of all, unlike other major sports, Baseball only takes 8 teams total into the post-season out of thirty teams. There has never been a team in a major sport that has blown a 3-0 lead in a seven game series...NOBODY. Well, maybe hockey...someone can look that up, but no one cares about that anymore...assuming hockey had nothing like this happen, then it is the ONLY series where this has happened.

Any good baseball team can come back from a couple run deficit in the postseason, and sometimes players make an error, a single play that can cost a game (ala Buckner). However a storied franchise such as the yankees having the Red Sox to their knees with 4 opportunities in a row to knock them out exceeds this IMO. Mainly because it's Yankees-Red Sox. That magnifies the ALCS x 100. You have the #1 and #2/3 Payrolls going at it with about a 50 million drop off from #1 and 2 (i.e. the yankees supposedly had a better team and won the AL East regular season title)

I'm not a fan of either, I actually loathe both teams, so I am not offering a biased opinion here.

Marlins...enough said!! Love them Florida teams baby. :)

TerryTate said:
I believe last year's ALCS was the biggest choke in sports history, hands down....First of all, unlike other major sports, Baseball only takes 8 teams total into the post-season out of thirty teams. There has never been a team in a major sport that has blown a 3-0 lead in a seven game series...NOBODY. Well, maybe hockey...someone can look that up, but no one cares about that anymore...assuming hockey had nothing like this happen, then it is the ONLY series where this has happened.

Any good baseball team can come back from a couple run deficit in the postseason, and sometimes players make an error, a single play that can cost a game (ala Buckner). However a storied franchise such as the yankees having the Red Sox to their knees with 4 opportunities in a row to knock them out exceeds this IMO. Mainly because it's Yankees-Red Sox. That magnifies the ALCS x 100. You have the #1 and #2/3 Payrolls going at it with about a 50 million drop off from #1 and 2 (i.e. the yankees supposedly had a better team and won the AL East regular season title)

I'm not a fan of either, I actually loathe both teams, so I am not offering a biased opinion here.

Fair enough, just hear me out for one second........Would you agree though that having a 3-2 lead in the WORLD SERIES (bigger than the ALCS) and up by 2 runs in the Bottom of the 10th inning. Nobody on base, 2 outs, and an 0-2 count on the hitter.....and blowing that MIGHT be a bigger choke?

Your one strike, one out away from winning the WORLD F'n SERIES and you blow that game and the next one and lose it.

Also, sports history or baseball history? Because when you say SPORTS HISTORY you are overlooking way way way too much stuff.

Because when you say SPORTS HISTORY you are overlooking way way way too much stuff.

Only to a Yankees fan who is in denial.
Three games to none in the ninth inning...
With the lead...
Enough said.

And BTW, clean out your sh*thouse...it's stinkin' up this thread!

Back
Top Bottom