Your first Dolphins Game | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your first Dolphins Game

Whitedolphin54 said:
Watchet shag--I know where Southend is but thats about it--the nearest i have friends to you is near Stevenage
stevenage isn't exactly near... lol.

Its kool that there are a few of us Brits on here.

First ever trip to Dolphins Stadium:

December 21, 1998.

Monday Night Football.

Broncos at Dolphins.

Dan Marino throws for 355 yards, Lamar Thomas goes nuts, the D plays lights out, and the Fins win 31-21.

It was a night I'll never forget.

phinian said:
Live in Ct so my first dolphins game was against the pats in old foxb-. Spent a couple of hours messing around witht he nfl experience in the parking lot. Ate like 15 sausage and pepper sandwiches and didnt' get sick. i remember a sign, hey jimmy guess what terry is playing. Lost that game. Someone poured beer on me. Took two hourse to get out of the parking lot. Went three years in a row after that,, did not win a single game. Hate the pats period. Plan on making a trip to florida this year.. Not sure which game we will be going to.

:lol:

first ever live game: '84 in Buffalo, i don't really remember the game because it was almost 21 years ago but the Dolphins won...

My first game was in Buffalo

It was the Game that Bryan Cox Flipped off all of Rich stadium..Awesome :D

Marino also ran in a Td. (Yes i said ran one in.. now that's a highlight)
To top that off me and my wife were on Buffalo Channel 7 sports on the post game cheering for our beloved fins ..I will never forget it :cooldude:

First game i was old enough to remeber completley was..(i went to a couple when i was around 7 years old.)

This year vs NEW ENGLAND! What a greta time that was. 7th row great view right behind some loud mouth pats fans tht sure got a mouth fulll in those last 5 mins.

My first live dolphin/NFL game period will be September 11, 2005. I'm going to cry :cry: that day. It has only taken me 29 years to see a NFL game live!!!!! Living in Oklahoma you have a choice of seeing the cowboys:shakeno: or the cheifs:shakeno:
I was going to the Thanksgiving game in Dallas 2 years ago until my family mainly my mom threw a guilt trip on me.

Vs. Jets at Shea, fall of '72. I lived in northern NJ then, before I moved to Miami, and was a rabid Jets fan. Sold-out stadium; I stood in the aisles. I hated the Dolphins' guts. Especially the Mad Dog. :tongue: We had Joe Willie and John Riggins thay year. But the Fins weren't a football team; they were a #@$% machine, even with an old QB. Same thing all afternoon long: Csonka for four. Csonka for four. Morrall to Kiick. Csonka for four. Morrall to Warfield. Morris for 17 on a sweep. Csonka for four. Morrall to Twilley, touchdown (Garo kick). Next series, exact same sort of thing. Nothing we could do to stop the *******s; they executed everything perfectly. We were ahead by three on Joe Willie's arm and heart (no knees) until Morris broke a long run and scored, and they shut us out in the 4th. Broke my heart. :cry:

finsnchips said:
yeah... thats what I'm gna be doing... I dont really want to pay over the odds through an agency.

Don't be afraid to buy on ebay. I've had very good luck buying tickets there.

My first Phins game was the 1993 game in Buffalo. I detailed it in this article: http://www.finheaven.com/cms/78.html

I’ll also never forget the 1993 game in Buffalo. My mother’s office was going to the game as a group, taking limos and having a tailgate party with filet mignon in the parking lot. No family, just the office. My stepdad and I were insanely jealous, of course. At the last minute, one of the women called up and said she was too sick to make it, but said, “Joanie, your son’s a big Dolphins fan, why don’t you just give him my ticket?†And so it was that a limo picked me up at my house about 10:30 that morning and took me to my first ever Dolphins-Bills game at Ralph Wilson (then Rich) Stadium. I remember the Dolphins jumping out to a huge early lead, and then cruising to a not-as-close-as-the-score-looked 22-13 win, thus ensuring that it would be impossible for any subsequent games to top my first live Dolphins-Bills experience.

My first Dolphin game was when the Dolphins came to Ca and played the niners last year. Hopefully Ill be able to get tickets for the SD game this year.

My first game was 10/9/1983... Miami was putting the whuuup on Buffalo... until the second half when they (buffalo) came back and ended up winning 38-35 in OT. Overalll it was a good but sad game to watch.

The first game I remember attending was the season finale in '68 vs. the Jets. We botched a very short FG attempt early in the game, then got rolled something like 31-7. A month later I saw the Jets dominate Baltimore on the same field.

My dad took me to games in '66 and '67 but I was too young and don't remember anything specific. Preseason games vs. the mighty NFL were a big deal in those days, much more than younger fans would realize. We would listen on the radio outside at my grandfather's house on SW 97th Ave. One year we beat the Colts in an exhibition and the city reacted like we won the Super Bowl.

:cry: I've never been to any NFL game..

But I’ve been a Dolphan ever since my cousin was drafted by Shula in 78 i think. The first game I really truely remember seeing on TV was the monday night, of all monday nights. The debut of Dan the man... Ohhh what a memory! I remember my cousin catching a couple clutch 3rd down catches that game.

Back
Top Bottom