Your first Dolphins Game | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your first Dolphins Game

My first (and only) Dolphins game was the 2002 game at Minnesota, a 20-17 loss. Although it was a painful loss, I got some amusement out of the way the fans treated Cris Carter, especially when he dropped the pass in the endzone that would have given Miami the lead late in the fourth quarter. I never liked Cris Carter, I wasn't happy when we signed him (although it was out of need) and I was glad when he was no longer with the team. He contributed, what, one touchdown and a few catches? Pretty much worthless.

I'm planning on roadtripping with my friend, who is a Lions fan, to Detroit when the Dolphins play there in 2006.

finsnchips said:
stevenage isn't exactly near... lol.

Its kool that there are a few of us Brits on here.

I didn't say it was--I said that the nearest to you that i knew someone was stevenage-i actually know someone from medway as well,but i expect that aint no closer is it :tongue:

WestVirginiaFan said:
Never been to one. Its a 3 hour drive if i want to watch them play the panthers. Six hour drive for the steelers or browns. or propbly bengals to. and probply about 3:30 hour drive for the titans!

to sum it up, i live in the middle of no-where..lol

clear.gif

still about 4 hours closer than me shag

First game that hooked me: 1985, my second year of watching football. My local coverage in MS was either Chicago or Miami. So for the first season and half I watched the Bears. But then came the glorious MNF game vs Miami, and Dan the Man changed my life forever. Been a super phinatic ever since.

First game I attended: 1992 (?), I was living in Portland, OR and Miami was playing at Seattle. Miami trailed the whole game, until Dan the Man led the victory comeback in the last few minutes. THe seats were terrible, the KINGDOME was one of the worst football stadiums ever built.

Worst game I attended: 1996 (?) 41-0 blowout by the Colts in Indianapolis. Must've been 6000 dolphins fans there all with our tails between our legs walking out. Long drive back to Bloomington.

I live in Mass, in the heart of Patriot land, but have been a Dolphin fan since 93 or so. My first Dolphin game was the last game of the 93 season vs the Pats (in Foxboro). The Phins needed a win the make the playoffs, but fell short due to a winning td caught by Michael Timpson ( I believe it was ) in the far corner of the end zone. I think I was about 11 at the time, and even at that age you dont want to walk out of foxboro stadium with phins gear on, especially after a loss like that. During our loooong walk back to car enduring countless screams of "Squish the fish" and "Dolphins suck", one female pats fan said as we walked by "Hey, how does it feel to lose!??", My older cousin who is also a Phins fan said "Hey, How does it feel to be ugly!??". The look on her face was priceless, I still think about that all the time. I watched the 94 opener at a friends house filled with pats fans. It was Marino's first game back since his injury and totally lit the pats up, of course. That bomb he threw to Fryer to put the Phins on top at the end?!? Come on! The sting from my first game didnt go away until that moment. Since then I have been to many Phins Games but only in N.E, still looking foward to seeing a home game . . anyway thought I would share that. GO DOLPHINS!!!

dolphins 41 > colts 6... Lamar Smith with the fake punt run... konrad bouncing off everyone? yes

whatsburning said:
finzforever3000 said:
I was at the Denver-Mia game when...Jay Fiedler(I know)...led us back to victory 22-21...I think that was 02'.QUOTE]

I was at that game too... the Broncos owner, Pat Bowlen comped us some tix. What a great game!
Yeah I think that was one of the best games in Dolphins history...better yet in NFL history...remember how quiet it got after the game??Lets beat the Broncos again this year!!!!

1992, I few to Miami from Seattle and met my buddy from New York! We saw the Dolphins and the Chiefs at Joe Robbie Stadium. Dolphins won 30-10 and we had a lefty QB as Marino was hurt. Cant think of his dang name! That sounds weird, when was Marino hurt? I swear by it though!
We had fun, we did the Monster Mash as it was Halloween weekend!

WestVirginiaFan said:
Never been to one. Its a 3 hour drive if i want to watch them play the panthers. Six hour drive for the steelers or browns. or propbly bengals to. and probply about 3:30 hour drive for the titans!

to sum it up, i live in the middle of no-where..lol

clear.gif

You should be ashamed, if I lived that close, I would have seen 100 games by now!!!!!

MikeyGPhinFan said:
I live in Mass, in the heart of Patriot land, but have been a Dolphin fan since 93 or so. My first Dolphin game was the last game of the 93 season vs the Pats (in Foxboro). The Phins needed a win the make the playoffs, but fell short due to a winning td caught by Michael Timpson ( I believe it was ) in the far corner of the end zone. I think I was about 11 at the time, and even at that age you dont want to walk out of foxboro stadium with phins gear on, especially after a loss like that. During our loooong walk back to car enduring countless screams of "Squish the fish" and "Dolphins suck", one female pats fan said as we walked by "Hey, how does it feel to lose!??", My older cousin who is also a Phins fan said "Hey, How does it feel to be ugly!??". The look on her face was priceless, I still think about that all the time. I watched the 94 opener at a friends house filled with pats fans. It was Marino's first game back since his injury and totally lit the pats up, of course. That bomb he threw to Fryer to put the Phins on top at the end?!? Come on! The sting from my first game didnt go away until that moment. Since then I have been to many Phins Games but only in N.E, still looking foward to seeing a home game . . anyway thought I would share that. GO DOLPHINS!!!

That girl killed herself.......hope you are happy!

First game attended was '87 @ N.O. I've been to Joe Robbie one time for a preseason game, N.O. two other times and Houston once.

tv was against the colts(i think) where lamar torched the defense and we won the playoff game. my first live game was against the giants 2 years ago at giant stadium.

1999 Miami @ Buffalo...I got in a fight with some guy talking smack about Dan. It was funny stuff. Miami won too :up:

Back
Top Bottom