Your first Dolphins Game | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your first Dolphins Game

My first fins game I attended was the Dolphins@Jets the Year Kareem abdul Jabbar ran for 1000 yards. It was the last game of the year and ol' Abdul hit the 1000 yard mark. O Yeah and Marino Threw for 3 touchdowns one was a bomb right down the sideline I was sitting in. I went nuts and of course got reamed by jets fans and Miami won by the way.

Fun topic.

Well the first one I remember clearly (I went to a few when I was a young little Fin Fan)... was the final game of the reg. season vs. those pesky J-E-T-S (not this past season, but the one before it) I remember a few things: us winning by a last second Mare FG, some loudmouth losers chanting the entire game, only to be disappointed by a Fins victory, and riding home in my car PRAYING to hear a Wanny resignation, only to hear Mandich say that he would be given an extension. Then I remember pulling over, puking, and listening to that moron's final PC of the season... "Well, on a positive note, we ended with a victory. And from an offseason standpoint, we hope to improve on both the defensive side of the ball and special teams. Reporter: what about offense? Wanny: The What?"

Ah, memories....

My first time seeing the Dolphins in person was in 2002,,,,at Invesco Field at Mile High...Dolphins won 24-22 GREAT GAME!!! :)

October 13, 2002
In their first of four prime-time appearances of the year, the Dolphins register a 24-22 win over the Denver Broncos in their first-ever visit to INVESCO Field at Mile High. Jason Elam’s 55-yard field goal with 45 seconds to play gives Denver a 22-21 lead. Olindo Mare counters with a 53-yarder with six seconds remaining to lift the Dolphins to the victory. It marks the first time in NFL history that a kicker from each team has accounted for a field goal of 50 yards or longer with less than a minute to play in a game. Although he finished the game, quarterback Jay Fiedler sustains a fractured right thumb and misses the Dolphins’ next five games and his next six starts. Wide receiver Oronde Gadsden, the team’s leading receiver each of the previous two seasons (2000-01), suffers a wrist injury which sidelines him for the remainder of the year.

My first game was at Shea against the Jets. I am not sure of the exact year. Lets just say it was 75 or 76.
living in NJ, I have been to about 20-25 Fins games.
I try and make a road trip everyyear.

MY HAT Goes off to Finschips ans his Fellow Fin fans in the UK. I hope you have a great time in the US.

Charlotte, NC

My first and only Phins game so far was in Charlotte in either 98 or 99 I believe...Dolphins beat the Panthers 13-10 or something like that. I remember it because I got to see Marino play live and the stadium was at least half full of Phins fans. I went with a bunch of friends who were Panthers fans - HA! I had fun on that trip home needless to say. Karim was our RB then too.

Hope to make a game soon in Miami. That would be sweet.

Never been to one. Its a 3 hour drive if i want to watch them play the panthers. Six hour drive for the steelers or browns. or propbly bengals to. and probply about 3:30 hour drive for the titans!

to sum it up, i live in the middle of no-where..lol

clear.gif

1970, Dolphins beat the Boston Patriots 37-20. Mercury Morris ran back the opening kickoff for a touchdown and the Dolphins just dominated the patsies. The world was normal then. :wink:

I have gone to 20 or so in person, including the 1981 San Diego OT playoff. :shakeno:

Seminole51 said:
Just thought it would be cool to find out some people's first ever experiences with the Dolphins.

For me it was a Dec. game in either 90 or 91 game against the Jets on Sunday night football. The Jets were winning 17-10 when Marino hit Tony Martin with a WR screen and he went all the way... Stoyo MISSED the xtra point and the camera caught Pete Carroll doing the "Choke" sign on the sidelines. The Fins D forced a 3 and out and Marino lead the team down the field with about 1:30 left on the clock and Pete hit the game winning FG with next to no time left. What an unbelieveable game and feeling it was to see that field and stadium in person and not on TV, especially when your 11-12 years old.​
I was at the Denver-Mia game when...Jay Fiedler(I know)...led us back to victory 22-21...I think that was 02'.Same game Surtain intercepted Griese and took it all the way back.Wasnt my first game but iI dont wanna talk about the AFC championship game I went to with my friend(a donkeys fan)where we lost 38-3....We got em' back the next year..That Mon night game where Marino redeemed himself.

I went for the first time on 10-31-93. My parents never took us on vacation, and I live in North Carolina. I have pulled for the dolphins since 1979 at the age of 8. I still have the uniform,shoulder pads and helmet I got for Christmas in 79. My wife and i got married on 9-18-93. Forty three days later we were pulling up to the stadium and my wife said the look on my face was priceless. I was speechless. It was a dream come true. The bad thing was two games before we were leaving was when Marino had his first injury and was out for the year. It was going to be the classic between Marino and Montana. Scott Mitchell put on a show that day and we prevailed 30-10. Marrying my wife, having my son Jordan, my daughter Raegan and that day of 10-31-93 are the the most memorable days of my life. I have been to six more since, including the game against the Ravens in 2000 when we retired Marino's jersey. I actually cried during the ceremony. I had a grill that I had since I was married. I loved that grill. I painted it Miami Orange and Left it in the parking lot where the RV,s park at the stadium. I officially retired my grill the same night.Actually I had 8 of my friends along on this trip. We left the wives at the house, and rented a rv and hired a designate driver. It was raining,and the grill still had hot coals and we were highly intoxicated and didnt feel like taking the legs off and loading it in the cargo area under the rv so I decided we would have a ceremonial downing and retire the old pitmaster. I hope somebody is still using it. It was seasoned very well.

My first game was supposed to be 03 against the chargers on Monday night. If you remember the game was moved to Arizona cause of the forest fires. Major Bummer! I couldn't make the trip so I watched the game at home.

Hopefully I can see the Phins for the first time in person this year in San Diego.

1999 game at the Georgia Dome.. The Dolphins got beat down in the last game of the season, it was sad to watch.

I was really young I don't even rememeber the year, i'll have to ask my father. I remember it was Steelers @ Dolphins, and this Steelers fan right in front of us was acting like a complete A-hole.

it was 199 something i forget....Phins Jets in NJ....first row on the 30 yard line behind the phins bench..of course we won

Back
Top Bottom