Your great Jay | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your great Jay

We lost the game because the other team scored 48 points, yes there were turnovers that gave the Chiefs more opportunities but you can't blame this loss on the Q.B. This was a team loss but the lionshare of the blame has to fall on the defense. When you can't rush the Q.B. and you can't make plays against the other teams passing game all day you lose. Taylor was handled, O-Gun was handled ( he came close once) , no pressure up the middle from the tackles. Zack didn't play that well and Greenwood and Rodgers were pretty quiet. Madison looked very bad on the T.D. by Gonzo. Arturo Freeman really let us down and for the first time I missed Brian Walker. Fletcher should be on the bench until he's ready but with Surtain out and really no other options there he was getting scalded all day. He was exposed and there was no helping or hiding him. Marion was all over Gonzo on one touchdown but he still made the play. Gamble is a special teamer and looked like one in pass coverage. Is he as slow as he looks? On the plus side we did stop the run but all that did was unleash the pass. Our D must have felt like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid looking down from the mountain asking, "who are those guys?" At halftime we were down 8 and they were getting the kickoff. We needed to have made some adjustments at halftime to get a rush happening or do something different in coverage but they come out and get a touchdown. Pretty slick adjustment by the coaches huh? Nada, zip, nothing. We had to shut them out in the second half to win. In the pregame show Parcells said that this is a team that reads too many of their own clippings and he called this a sandwich game and clearly thought we'd lose. It was a sandwich game and they ate our lunch. The offense scored 30 points but the penalties and turnovers doomed us totally. This was a shootout and Fiedler does not excel in that type of game. He didn't have time to throw and was being hurried, hit and sacked all day. Having said that he was not accurate in the long passing game. He's good with the swing passes and the short stuff and even some mid range passes but the long ball is not his forte. He either underthrows, overthrows or fires a perfect spiral into an area where only players for the other team are in position to make the catch. He needs to improve in this area because we have big play guys like Chambers who are capable of going deep. Jay was badly outplayed by Trent Green who threw the ball all over the field with great accuracy. Anyway it's just one game and at least the football Gods provided us with a New England loss so were still tied for first place and the stage is set for a big comeback game against the Super Bowl champs. Please, no more shootouts, it's not what this team does best. GO FISH!!

Good post Dolphinkee, I agree with every word you said. This was a bad job of running the defense by both Wanny and Bates.

I realize this post is late, but 2 jobs keeps me from the boards more than I like......

InFINSible and Oliver......

I appreciate your loyality to Fiedler and I won't hold it against you as my FH friends, BUT my OPINION is that he has been a medicore QB at best since he joined the Dolphins. If he is sooooo great, then why was he not a big time starter with another team before ours? I have never heard of him before now.

He is to the Dolphins, as Dilfer was to the Bucs.

I don't give him major props when he has a good day because that is what he is expected to do. He is getting paid to play good and win games. As an example, I get paid to do my job well with very little recognition, if not I get my ass chew out.

At least my feelings towards him have been consistant over the past 3 seasons. :p

13....yesterday was a tough day for all of us.....I just wasn't ready for the Fiedler bashing that ensued....i didn't feel like he was entirely to blame and I did my best to stick up for what I believe is right.....he is limited, no doubt about it, but what are we going to do about it?

All the talk about Ray this and Ray that but, no one remembers that while Lucas may have a better arm, he doesn't know when to turn it off. he throws the ball the same whether it's to Chambers 60 yards downfield or Konrad coming out of the backfield. He is limited also.

It comes down to....would you rather lose our short passing game or our long passing game...and with this offense the answer is obvious....you gotta go with the guy who can get the ball to the backs and tightends because that's how we are going to be the best football TEAM.

Maybe we could go with Wood/Strock 2 and call it Jay Lucas?

Originally posted by inFINSible
13....yesterday was a tough day for all of us.....I just wasn't ready for the Fiedler bashing that ensued....i didn't feel like he was entirely to blame and I did my best to stick up for what I believe is right.....he is limited, no doubt about it, but what are we going to do about it?

All the talk about Ray this and Ray that but, no one remembers that while Lucas may have a better arm, he doesn't know when to turn it off. he throws the ball the same whether it's to Chambers 60 yards downfield or Konrad coming out of the backfield. He is limited also.

It comes down to....would you rather lose our short passing game or our long passing game...and with this offense the answer is obvious....you gotta go with the guy who can get the ball to the backs and tightends because that's how we are going to be the best football TEAM.

Right on Infisible....

I agree with everything you said.
As you go crazy when all the Fiedler bashers come out to say he completely sucks......

It drives me crazy when I see others in defense say he is a fantastic QB.

Like you said, if our offense sticks to what it's good at.....
running and short to mid passing focussing on the backs and TE's Feidler will do fine. Bottom line is that we can't turn him loose like the Chiefs did with Green. We were still very much in this game at 38-30 when the staff was calling all these deep throws. There was plenty of time to drive the field Dolphin style but the coaches got caught up in KC's arena ball mentality. Many of those balls Fiedler threw were off but it's the coaches faults for expecting him to carry the load. Many teams now will copy this and put 8-9 in the box, ti would. I hope Jay stays composed and can handle it. If he does we'll win the division and hopefully it all. If Miami went to a super bowl with Woodley it can with Fiedler playing well.

Originally posted by inFINSible

:lol: :lol: :lol:

How many of you actully remember the Frankenstein QB creation called WoodStrock?

It's amazing that situation worked but it did for the most part.

Those were some crazy games to watch.

It's true...

... Jay has a bumpy NFL history, but so do so many QB's that are starting in the NFL right now. Scouts and GM's try to get it right, but we all know they don't. How many 1st round busts have we seen at QB? I would say a hell of a lot.

You can always improve your team, but who could we get to replace Jay, or who would you of rather had in here than Jay?

Oliver...

Originally posted by miadphan13
I realize this post is late, but 2 jobs keeps me from the boards more than I like......

InFINSible and Oliver......

I appreciate your loyality to Fiedler and I won't hold it against you as my FH friends, BUT my OPINION is that he has been a medicore QB at best since he joined the Dolphins. If he is sooooo great, then why was he not a big time starter with another team before ours? I have never heard of him before now.

He is to the Dolphins, as Dilfer was to the Bucs.

I don't give him major props when he has a good day because that is what he is expected to do. He is getting paid to play good and win games. As an example, I get paid to do my job well with very little recognition, if not I get my ass chew out.

At least my feelings towards him have been consistant over the past 3 seasons. :p

THANK YOU M13!!!!!

Originally posted by miadphan13

I TOTALLY agree!!!!! Coach Cowher would NOT hesitate to bench players to find the right formula to win a game. Fiedler may be the starter, but there are many many other players on this team that COULD make a difference. I agree it was a team loss, but when something doesn't work, you try other combinations until you find what does.

BTW, I may not know every stat, but I do know alot about football. :rolleyes:

I needed some support, and comin' from The Cheerleader herself, I feel much better now :)

The point to the guy who called me 'moron' (ooo catchy, write that yourself???) is that YES Fiedler is the starter, NO everything was not Jay's fault yesterday, BUT we had a guy who we could go to who excells at deep throwing and quick drills...and Wanny failed the team in not making that choice when it was 38-30. Lucas could have been that spark we needed.

Fidler would still be the starter, and Lucas would accept that. Thats what they PAY backups for.

Re: Any time, we are all family here... :D

Originally posted by Oliver

HA...seems you can only be a member of the 'family' by being a sheep who agrees with the herd. Otherwise your called 'moron' or other childish crap, instead of just having the intelligence to discuss an issue.

I call my brother a moron all the time...

... I wouldn't take the moron thing to badly. Whoever called you that if they didn't care they would have just not replied to your post. There are a lot of good ppl here, at least that's what I see.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Phinnish

HA...seems you can only be a member of the 'family' by being a sheep whoagrees with the herd. Otherwise your called 'moron' or other childish crap, instead of just having the intelligence to discuss an issue.

Lucas could not have helped you guys. You needed a defense. Fiedler and the Phins put up 36 points. What the hell more do you need to win a game? A defense.

Granted his 4 Int's hurt like hell... but 36 points is 36 points.

It was 30 actually...

... NFL.com has the wrong score up. It was 48-30 KC.

Oliver...

Originally posted by harmonkoz
Lucas could not have helped you guys. You needed a defense. Fiedler and the Phins put up 36 points. What the hell more do you need to win a game? A defense.

Granted his 4 Int's hurt like hell... but 36 points is 36 points.

Re: THANK YOU M13!!!!!

Originally posted by Phinnish
Fiedler would still be the starter, and Lucas would accept that. Thats what they PAY backups for.

Exactly, it is the coach's responsibility to try different combinations until he finds something that works. When a team seems to know our game plan, then he is suppose to change it. I know we are stuck with Fiedler, but I think it was stupid signing him to a longer contract. I don't think Lucas is the answer either.

Honestly, I think that Dante Culpepper is a good QB that is not appreciated in Minnesota. I say we do a mid-season trade and send Fiedler up North. :lol: Anyway, that is who I would pick to replace Fiedler. Poor Dante has one good WR and he is a punk. Once again, this is just my opinion. :)

Keep Fiedler as the starter :rolleyes: but when he sucks dammit put in Lucas! :mad:

BAH

You guys that were waiting around to bash Jay make me sick. All players, especially today's NFL QB's have bad days. Jay was put into a poor situation by the bad play of our defense. No sense in trying to discuss it, as you have it out for him. Where were you last week when he was one of the Highest rated QB's in the league and undefeated after 3 games?

The Dolphins will be back, and so will Jay Fiedler. We will win at least 11 games AGAIN this year......how many other NFL starters can say they have never won less than 11 games???

Back
Top Bottom