Your great Jay | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your great Jay

First of all, NONE of what I have been saying is 'Fiedler bashing'. Please do try not to read into comments what you want to,hmmmmmmmmK ??

I have supported Jay and his smartness all along, yet I also recognize his weakness. And that IS the deep ball and his inconsistant nature. Wannstedt had a choice , and failed to put in a fresh man who has PROVEN he can do the TYPE of game we needed on THAT GIVEN SUNDAY!!

What fundemental part of that don't you 'Jay is God' ppl understand?????? It has been going on in the NFL for a LLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNGGG time, and coaches who have the balls to pull their starter when he's looking shakey and playing inconsistant often win games by making that decision. And by not at LEAST giving Lucas the chance, no matter what came before offensively or defensively becomes moot. Lucas MAY have pulled us out of that defecit quickly and sharply...but we'll never know will we? Cuz unlike Jay, Wanny lacks guts to make the tough choices.

I'm confused...

... you tell him not to read things into your post yet you say he is a Fiedler is God supporter. Aren't you doing the same thing to him that you asked him not to do to you?

Also who is proven, Lucas? No he's not, he's a life time backup, who had some success 4-years ago! How is that proven in the year 2002?

You don't bench a QB like Jay Fiedler when you are behind, because he has shown he can win games like that. You know those 4 come from behind wins last year, not 4-years ago like Lucas!

Oliver...

Originally posted by Phinnish
First of all, NONE of what I have been saying is 'Fiedler bashing'. Please do try not to read into comments what you want to,hmmmmmmmmK ??

I have supported Jay and his smartness all along, yet I also recognize his weakness. And that IS the deep ball and his inconsistant nature. Wannstedt had a choice , and failed to put in a fresh man who has PROVEN he can do the TYPE of game we needed on THAT GIVEN SUNDAY!!

What fundemental part of that don't you 'Jay is God' ppl understand?????? It has been going on in the NFL for a LLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNGGG time, and coaches who have the balls to pull their starter when he's looking shakey and playing inconsistant often win games by making that decision. And by not at LEAST giving Lucas the chance, no matter what came before offensively or defensively becomes moot. Lucas MAY have pulled us out of that defecit quickly and sharply...but we'll never know will we? Cuz unlike Jay, Wanny lacks guts to make the tough choices.

Re: I'm confused...

Originally posted by Oliver
... you tell him not to read things into your post yet you say he is a Fiedler is God supporter. Aren't you doing the same thing to him that you asked him not to do to you?

It's called sarcasm. Look it up.

Also who is proven, Lucas? No he's not, he's a life time backup, who had some success 4-years ago! How is that proven in the year 2002?

Ummm..yeah he proved it ALL pre-season long....he passes deep well, and runs the quick drill well.

You don't bench a QB like Jay Fiedler when you are behind, because he has shown he can win games like that. You know those 4 come from behind wins last year, not 4-years ago like Lucas!

Jay's comback victories were FAR FAR away from the TYPE of come behind we needed here. We were for the most part still able to ball control in those games. This SITUATION dictated an entire different approach wich Jay has PROVEN himself unable/inconsistant at pulling off (airing it out). Now had they not abandoned Ricky, maybe my view would be different , but putting Fiedler into an 'air it out' situation has PROVEN not to work time and time again.

And again you ppl keep reading into what I am saying. In most of my posts I have CLEARLY stated that this was a SITUATIONAL decision that needed to be made. And for about the 100th time (sarcasm again) thats part of what they PAY back-ups for! Not just to sit on the bench and wait for your starter to get hurt. But also to back him in situations where he is not effective.

Oh really?

... you were being sarcasm? Now I know, it's kind of hard to pick up on those things with the typed word.

Pre-season? Yeah pre-season sure tells a lot. Let's look at all the GREAT pre-season performances like the Jets and how GREAT Vinny looked. Sometimes it's the truth with the Rams, but over all I don't hold much stock in what any player does during the pre-season. Like O-Gun with his 8 pre-season sacks. He has yet to show that kind of production during the regular season.

Jay usually wins those types of games that we played on Sunday. The difference was in the past our D started to slow down the opposing teams offense. They didn't yesterday, now did they?

No I read exactly what you typed, you implied Lucas could have lead us to a win Sunday and it appears you were basing that on his past performance 4-years ago. I'd rather go with a guy that did win come from behind games last year, because what this team needed is the type of leadership Fiedler brings. He's a tested and proven winner over an almost 2.5 year period. It simply just didn't happen this last Sunday. Lucas can't hold Fiedler's JOCK.

Oliver...

It's called sarcasm. Look it up.

Ummm..yeah he proved it ALL pre-season long....he passes deep well, and runs the quick drill well.

Jay's comback victories were FAR FAR away from the TYPE of come behind we needed here. We were for the most part still able to ball control in those games. This SITUATION dictated an entire different approach wich Jay has PROVEN himself unable/inconsistant at pulling off (airing it out). Now had they not abandoned Ricky, maybe my view would be different , but putting Fiedler into an 'air it out' situation has PROVEN not to work time and time again.

And again you ppl keep reading into what I am saying. In most of my posts I have CLEARLY stated that this was a SITUATIONAL decision that needed to be made. And for about the 100th time (sarcasm again) thats part of what they PAY back-ups for! Not just to sit on the bench and wait for your starter to get hurt. But also to back him in situations where he is not effective.

Re: Oh really?

Originally posted by Oliver

Pre-season? Yeah pre-season sure tells a lot. Let's look at all the GREAT pre-season performances like the Jets and how GREAT Vinny looked. Sometimes it's the truth with the Rams, but over all I don't hold much stock in what any player does during the pre-season. Like O-Gun with his 8 pre-season sacks. He has yet to show that kind of production during the regular season.

None the less, it IS the way players are chosen to make teams, and Ray DID show ALOT of skill in the areas I have mentioned countless times.

Jay usually wins those types of games that we played on Sunday. The difference was in the past our D started to slow down the opposing teams offense. They didn't yesterday, now did they?

WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!! Jay has CONSISTANTLY proven to be INCONISTANT in the long ball, air it out style of offense! WE HAVE a player who HAS proven that ability, and Wanny FAILED to give him the shot. For the THOUSANDTH time, this was S_I_T_U_A_T_I_O_N_A_L !!!! Get it yet ????????????

No I read exactly what you typed, you implied Lucas could have lead us to a win Sunday and it appears you were basing that on his past performance 4-years ago.

NO WHERE did anyone but YOU imply or sate that. I have CLEARLY CLEARLY pointed out the SITUATIONAL nature of THAT PARTICULAR game. Obviously you can't read very well.

Alright, dude, enough, later...

None the less, it IS the way players are chosen to make teams, and Ray DID show ALOT of skill in the areas I have mentioned countless times.

WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!! Jay has CONSISTANTLY proven to be INCONISTANT in the long ball, air it out style of offense! WE HAVE a player who HAS proven that ability, and Wanny FAILED to give him the shot. For the THOUSANDTH time, this was S_I_T_U_A_T_I_O_N_A_L !!!! Get it yet ????????????

NO WHERE did anyone but YOU imply or sate that. I have CLEARLY CLEARLY pointed out the SITUATIONAL nature of THAT PARTICULAR game. Obviously you can't read very well.

Really?

I could care less who starts at QB......so don't make the mistake of lumping me as a "Jay is God person".....you'd be as wrong there as you are on Wanny. Jay had our Offense moving just fine until the Defense had given up more than their share of points.

So Wanny can't make Tough decisions huh? LOL
I'd say Dan Marino would disagree with that, as would most educated fans.

Alot more goes into coaching than "having the balls to pull someone".......just because Wanny didn't do what you..."the fan" thinks he should have done doesnt mean he doesn't have balls to make tough decisions. That's the problem with most fans...they think they know more about the game than they actually do. We don't have any idea what was going on behind the scenes, or why he made the decision he did. As someone that coaches for a living, I can assure you that situations like we saw Sunday are rarely as simple as the average fan would like to make it seem. Our best chance to win in most situations would be with the players that had the most reps.

To Jay from Jaydog

Dude, I've bent my ears backwards trying to figure out your style of competition. Sometimes you're hot, sometimes you're not. Against the Jets, you were great, and the Lions, and the Colts. But Lobe and behold, the Chiefs gave you problems, as well as the rest of the team. Ears hoping everything works out for the Pats game. I know you hear what I'm sayin'. peace, out....:rolleyes:

Well, you knew this post was coming.

Why the hell did we not run the ball when we were down by 8? Ricky was just starting to get warmed up. If our pass D could defend for a lick, then we wouldn't have had to throw nearly as much, which means less INTs. Fiedler is best when he only throws 20-25 times a game. He is a field manager, kinda like Bob Griese. Whenever Griese was asked to lead the team by himself without a run game, he usually did poor as well.

Back to my point. The offense in the beginning was doing well without Ricky. They had stacked the line, and Jay beat them. When Miami got behind and they knew we were going to throw (This is also why Ricky got longer runs) they did not stack the line, and made Jay throw into harder coverages. If we would have ran the ball and controled the clock, we could have won the game. Fiedler was having a good game up until we got behind by 2 TDs. He had a really high completion % and 2 Tds. (1 rush 1 pass) We scored 30 points for crists sake! We should be able to win games when we score 30 points.

Having Surtain back will help our pass D tons. Fletcher sucks, and Madison didn't look that great either. Oh, and lets hope Norv lets Fiedler be a leader, not a Dan Marino.

Re: Re: THANK YOU M13!!!!!

Originally posted by miadphan13

Exactly, it is the coach's responsibility to try different combinations until he finds something that works. When a team seems to know our game plan, then he is suppose to change it. I know we are stuck with Fiedler, but I think it was stupid signing him to a longer contract. I don't think Lucas is the answer either.

Honestly, I think that Dante Culpepper is a good QB that is not appreciated in Minnesota. I say we do a mid-season trade and send Fiedler up North. :lol: Anyway, that is who I would pick to replace Fiedler. Poor Dante has one good WR and he is a punk. Once again, this is just my opinion. :)

Keep Fiedler as the starter :rolleyes: but when he sucks dammit put in Lucas! :mad:

Culpepper? He has no accuracy ....If you thought Fiedler has no accuracy just watch Culpepper..Culpepper has the arm strenght but he himself has issues....

It just one bad game and people want to blame all that wrong on Fiedler..Hey can we at least wait until halfway through the season ..All Fiedler basher can't wait for a bad game from him to come out bashing..

Back
Top Bottom