Your NEW NYJets Nightmare | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your NEW NYJets Nightmare

To recap:

Jets fans like this trade and have hope.

Dolphins fans are saying he'll be a bust.

Sounds about right.

Who knows how ANY of these drafted player will turn out. Each and every teams FO drafts the players THEY think will fit the team and be productive. Any fan of the team will like/dislike the draft picks and it can all turn out to vice versa 2-3 years from now where those who liked will dislike and those who disliked will like when the players either become a bust or a great pick. I was happy with our draft while others werent. Jet fans are happy with their draft and Sanchez while others bash.

What Im trying to say is that theres 100 of the same threads on how our draft sucked or how our draft was good. Like I said, I liked it and hope it turns out well but who know how it will turn out. Samething for Mark Sanchez...he can turn out to be the pick of the draft or a bust (I never liked USC QB's) but who knows how he will turn out.

Of course I want our drafted players to turn into studs while everyone elses turn into bust....:up:

I didn't know the requirement to be a good NFL QB was that you had to lose to your arch rival every year and then lose to a div 1AA team(whatever they call it now) at home
Okayyyyyy and this has what to do with Sanchez being a better qb then Henne??:crazy:

I never wanted the Favre trdae, I always wanted to keep Chad and I knew it was a bad move. I didn't bash Chad in Miami like you guys did when he was up here.
So maybe you were in the minority but when the rumor became fact that Favre was coming to your jest,, the division was won and all that was left was which NFC team the jis were going to beat in Feb by just about every puke green fan that I know...
And I always liked Penny but like any rival fan hate the team he played on!

Marino1983

First off learn to read man, you keep trying to mask what I said and try and act like I said something different. Only in your little world in your head does "Drafting a possible franchise QB" mean that hes "GOING to be a franchise QB".
Using the term "franchise qb" means that you believe that he will BE A FRANCHISE qb! As you continue to use the term so how does a franchise qb not mean that you think that he will be a franchise qb?
As for learning to read take your own advice budd!

You are really bringing down your fan base, you have no legit argument. You can't even comprehend what I have said, you make up things. Trying not to personal attack here because I'm not like that, but w/e. You probably don't really know what you are talking about, just a big homer.
I am? why because I post facts that you cannot understand because you feel that YOUR opinion is fact?
And as far a bringing down a fan base is concerned This IS a Dolphins mb and considering most of the posters here are Dolphins fans that point of views will be different to that of divisional rival fans...
YA THINK MAYBE?
It is amusing how a discussion changes to "You can't even comprehend what I have said, you make up things. You probably don't really know what you are talking about, just a big homer" when the other person has no clue as to how to keep a civil discussion as such...

And by the way, I said Sanchez is a more talented prospect than Henne. That you couldn't use the "Sanchez hasn't played a down in the NFL" because Henne hasn't either, some how that got into something totally different with you. Henne had lots of talent around him, thats whats funny. He had a 1st overall LT protecting him, he had a great college RB. He had a great college WR to throw to, actually had a nice group to throw to. He had a good amount of talent around him, I just never liked him. Thought he was average.
Okayyyy name 5 or 6 players from his Mich draft class (other than Long) that are as of today on an NFL roster..

And its really silly for you to compare drafting a 22 year old QB to trading a 39year old QB. Jets fans knew that Favre wasn't the franchise, we were just excited for that season. Sanchez is a guy that can be the man for years, something Favre couldn't be as he was old.
Sure it is silly because you like the jits..
You accused me in the above post as being a homer,,,:rolleyes2: Your memory must be seriously lacking because there was enough people in your fan base that thought Favre was the white night coming to take the jest to a s-b paradise..
There was post after post claiming that when Penny signed with the fins they were just bringing in the jits garbage...:thanks:

What a difference a year makes!

Marino1983

Coleman and Elam are good players. But for the chance at possibly landing your franchise QB they are NOTHING to give up. Let's put it like this. If Sanchez completely busts do you think anyone will look back at this deal thinking, "they gave up Kenyon Coleman and Abram Elam for this scrub?" They will be afterthoughts in the bigger picture regardless of how it all turns out. The only player with an even remote chance of making the Jets regret this is Ratliff and that's only if he turns out to be an above average starting QB and Sanchez flops. No other team in the league would have made this deal with the Jets. Mangini worked out a bargain deal with his former team (believe it or not they are still on good terms) because they were eager to move out of the 5 spot (and apparently the 17 & 19 spot), and picked up some nice role players who know his scheme and will help ease the transition to his new defense. The Jets come out great here on the simple fact that they gave up no future draft picks.
I still see the term franchise qb being used..:lol:

Hey look Sanchez had a good season imo.. So did Leinart when he came out and he has been riding the pine for the most part.. I am not implying that Sanchez will follow in Lienart footsteps but the two are comparable!

I just do not think giving up what your jits gave up to get Sanchez was the right thing to do... That is my opinion like it or not and until he proves me wrong I will stick with that view...

Marino1983

All I know is hes a better long term option than Chad Henne. I LOVED the pick, I think hes going to be really good.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

16 games on a team that had players wide open, my grandma could hit them! He will be befuddled and hit with mack trucks and tremndous quick pressure in the NFL and he will fold like a 2-7 off suit!

PUL fawkin lease!!!!

To recap:

Jets fans like this trade and have hope.

Dolphins fans are saying he'll be a bust.

Sounds about right.

Basically, LOL. Really though, as a Jets fan I have learned to not draw any conclusions on draft picks until they have a chance to prove themselves. All I'm saying is that Sanchez has a chance to be our long term solution at QB. Not saying it's a given, or even probable, just that that's the hope. And for that chance the price we paid was more than worth it. Is that really an unreasonable stance to take?

Hey look Sanchez had a good season imo.. So did Leinart when he came out and he has been riding the pine for the most part.. I am not implying that Sanchez will follow in Lienart footsteps but the two are comparable!

I just do not think giving up what your jits gave up to get Sanchez was the right thing to do... That is my opinion like it or not and until he proves me wrong I will stick with that view...

Marino1983

You also saw the word "possible" being used. Yes it is possible he could turn out to be our solution at QB. That's all I'm saying. Of course you disagree with that because you are a biased Dolphins fan. Everything the Jets do is guaranteed to fail. I get it man.

Even Pats fans are agreeing that the Jets worked a great deal to move up for him. You guys are the only ones who can't bring yourselves to agree. Then again, you can't even bring yourself to type "Jets" instead of some other lame nickname so what more should I expect from you?

Marino1983

Leinart is riding the pine because he has a former LEAGUE MVP ahead of him who probably should have been MVP again last season.Leinart will be a good QB when he gets his chance.

Okayyyyyy and this has what to do with Sanchez being a better qb then Henne??:crazy:

So maybe you were in the minority but when the rumor became fact that Favre was coming to your jest,, the division was won and all that was left was which NFC team the jis were going to beat in Feb by just about every puke green fan that I know...
And I always liked Penny but like any rival fan hate the team he played on!

Marino1983

There is not a single person that expected the div title when we got Favre simply b/c Brady was healthy at the time. When Brady went down then that was a realistic goal and we should have won it but favre faded down the stretch. It was a bad move, I thought so all along but it's in the past and hopefully now we have a franchise QB for the next 10+ years.

Marino1983

I'm not quite sure you undrestand what the Jets gave up. We gave up 3 expendable players and a 2nd round pick- it was an absolute steal. That's not eve debateable. They should have had to gove up more draft pciks including a 1st rounder next year. We gave up very little for a potential franchise QB which is why pretty much every "expert" loves what we did.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

16 games on a team that had players wide open, my grandma could hit them! He will be befuddled and hit with mack trucks and tremndous quick pressure in the NFL and he will fold like a 2-7 off suit!

PUL fawkin lease!!!!

Who were the great WRs he had to throw to last year?

Pretty sure he was already given a chance once...

Players develop in the NFL at different rates. Your current QB sat on the bench for 2+ seasons before he became a starter, Leinart had a brief chance then got hurt in '07 and Warner took advantage. he's 7-9 as a starter in 16 games which isn't bad for your first 16 games. In those 2 seasons he started the 16 games Leinart led Ari to a 7-9 record while Warner led them to a 6-10 record. The book has not been written on Leinart just yet.

Basically, LOL. Really though, as a Jets fan I have learned to not draw any conclusions on draft picks until they have a chance to prove themselves. All I'm saying is that Sanchez has a chance to be our long term solution at QB. Not saying it's a given, or even probable, just that that's the hope. And for that chance the price we paid was more than worth it. Is that really an unreasonable stance to take?

Not me personally but I'd imagine anyone writing anything negative about Sanchez is just concerned he might become a great QB. He certainly can be a bust but anyone can. On the flip side, he might also be a franchise guy for 15 years.

Lienart is garbage....his own OC told the Titans not to take him bc he didnt have the arm strength to squeeze the ball into tight windows in the NFL.

Lienart is garbage....his own OC told the Titans not to take him bc he didnt have the arm strength to squeeze the ball into tight windows in the NFL.

That's funny,because if that is the criteria by which we are judging,your current QB is a failure too!Leinart has a stronger arm than Pennington,and it's not even close........:lol2:

That's funny,because if that is the criteria by which we are judging,your current QB is a failure too!Leinart has a stronger arm than Pennington,and it's not even close........:lol2:

But Leinart lacks the poise and the acurracy of a Pennington.

Chad's weak arm led a 1-15 football team to a division title. Remember. :d-day:

Back
Top Bottom