Your the coach who do you start ricky or ronnie? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your the coach who do you start ricky or ronnie?

Ronnie. He was drafted to be the starter. Rw will have his suspension, working his way back in shape, constant media coverage of his return, etc. Ronnie can handle it; its just a title. I think both will be seeing 15-18 carries a game by years end.

Very good question. Putting aside all anamosity toward Ricky(I change my mind about the Ricky situation more than Ricky changes his mind himself), I believe I would start Brown; Ronnie Brown has all the skills to make a huge impact as a rookie, no matter what Ricky brings to the table this season he should not get more than thrity percent of the snaps. That way, if Ricky breaks out and rushes for, say, 800 yards as a third down and short yardage back, teams(Jaguars;) ) will start throwing down trade offers. Soon enough the fourth round draft picks we are being offered turn into third round conditionals that could end up being first rounders if he rushes for X yards.

Forgive me, I have been drinking tonight

I would definitely start Ronnie Brown the first 4 games, that's the only thing I know for sure right now. :hitself:

Normally I don't get frustrated with these repeat THREADS asking the same question over and over. But honestly this is getting really silly at this point.

Roman529 said:
Ronnie to start...if Ricky can bulk up I would use him on short yardage and in situations where we just want to pound the ball...then when the defense is tired out, we unleash Ronnie with his speed. :lol:

hey man, we also can use ronnie to pound the ball, he is a big guy :)

Ronnie all the way and u can bank on it. dont forget, he has not signed his contact yet and it will be very very lucrative baxsed on being #2 overall. Saban will not let money like that sit idle. Plus..he is perfect for linehans' offense.

Well, I'm a fan of a strong, run-oriented offense, so I'd start them both with a lot of pre-snap motion. The RopeWeed Draw while sending RB left/right would eat up chunks of yardage at 9 yards/attempt as the D tries to cover an anticipated RB screen pass.

NO question, Ronnie Brown. Ricky needs to establish himself before getting the chance to be a starter. Saban knows this!

I wouldn't start them both because I believe in having a fullback that can lead the runner through the hole. Ricky absolutely can't do it, and it would be a waste to use Ronnie in that capacity. My starting backfield would be Ronnie Brown and Heath Evans.

I'd just as soon have Ricky walk into the ocean and never return than to put him back on this team. I hope he gets cut.

KB21 said:
I wouldn't start them both because I believe in having a fullback that can lead the runner through the hole. Ricky absolutely can't do it, and it would be a waste to use Ronnie in that capacity. My starting backfield would be Ronnie Brown and Heath Evans.

I'd just as soon have Ricky walk into the ocean and never return than to put him back on this team. I hope he gets cut.

with a chum bag tied around his neck :evil:

Back
Top Bottom