Your the coach who do you start ricky or ronnie? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your the coach who do you start ricky or ronnie?

KB21 said:
I'd just as soon have Ricky walk into the ocean and never return than to put him back on this team. I hope he gets cut.
:up:
Well, that would be optimal solution no. 1, BUT, assuming that doesn't happen, we've got to hope for the best out of the situation.

Ronnie starts, use Ricky as a "breather factor".

Ricky can spell Ronnie and keep him fresher as the games go on. Wear out the tread on Ricky's tires and not Ronnie's.

Ronnie no doubt....for sure, for the first four games, after that the best of the two. I want Ronnie to establish himself in the pros and be a great one, but we dont know yet, time will tell.

No, doubt, Ronnie should be the starter. The perspective on Ricky should be that he is nothing more than an added bonus to what we have and that we can't count on him for anything. He could be good coming off the bench when Ronnie is tired, and a fresh Ricky is facing a worn out defense. Also he is a good insurance policy in case Ronnie gets hurt, this is very important because it will insure that our QB has a powerhouse RB in the backfield at all times. If Ricky proves he is back to his old form, we can also experiment with using Ronnie like he was used at Auburn in an FB/TE/WR type role.

yankeehillbilly said:
Ronnie absolutely. Ronnie is the starter...Ricky is an afterthought.
Not exactly an afterthought, he will provide quality relief, and hopefully will teach the pup a thing or two about thangs. We have a deep backfield, but when you have 3 heavyhitters(ronnie,ricky,sammie...even kj) thats power. plus the quick verstile minor, then a tweener in gordan..it gets confusing. no matter what, we have depth at a position that was our weakest last year, and its quality depth that few teams have seen.

Anthony3454 said:
No, doubt, Ronnie should be the starter. The perspective on Ricky should be that he is nothing more than an added bonus to what we have and that we can't count on him for anything. He could be good coming off the bench when Ronnie is tired, and a fresh Ricky is facing a worn out defense. Also he is a good insurance policy in case Ronnie gets hurt, this is very important because it will insure that our QB has a powerhouse RB in the backfield at all times. If Ricky proves he is back to his old form, we can also experiment with using Ronnie like he was used at Auburn in an FB/TE/WR type role.
Excellent theory, but I don't know about using the words "insurance" and "RW" in the same thought. It wouldn't surprise me if one Sunday during the season RW just didn't show up. I have zero confidence in him.

If i'm the coach I start whoever performs better in the position battle. As a fan, I would choose Ronnie. He'll be starting games 1-4 so it wouldn't really make much sense to bench him unless he really struggles. Either way, I have a feeling that Saban will get each rb a good number of carries.

Ronnie for sure, then Gordon, and Kay-Jay. Make Ricky feel at home, put a tent on the sidelines, and put a do not disturb sign on the tent.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Ronnie for sure, then Gordon, and Kay-Jay. Make Ricky feel at home, put a tent on the sidelines, and put a do not disturb sign on the tent.

and some patchouli scented Ben Gay

TRUDOLFAN54 said:
you the fan be the coach our season rest on your shoulders who do you start at rb ricky or ronnie.well my answer is ronnie the future is now and we don't have time for people who are not fully commited. :fire:

I´ll guess that Linehan will use a dou or a trio of RB´s like he did with the Vikings.

Ronnie should get the advantage having between 15 to 25 carries, then the fisrt four games it cuold be Gordon 5-10 carries and Morris other 5-10, and as soon as Ricky can play and/if he is in good form he should see between 10-15 carries per game, reducing Gordon and Morris playing time but that would be depending on the situation. I have the feeling that if the O-line/QB doesn´t improove a LOT and Ricky returns to his amazing power/quicknes, we will see him taking more carries than Ronnie, as he is the only back that I really believe has the body to take hits time after time and still be successfull.

Back
Top Bottom