Your the coach who do you start ricky or ronnie? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your the coach who do you start ricky or ronnie?

I would start Ronnie the first 4 games (Obviously) and then go to a 2 back set with Ricky and Ronnie both starting. Chambers, Booker, Boston, Brown, Williams, McMike ... LOL With Hudson shoring up the OLine there is no way the offense will fail with them all on the field at once. Hell I could play QB with that group.

Ronnie Brown plain and simple. I want a RB who wants to play, who wants to do good and who is not worried about the press and the attention he gets. Not someone like Ricky who from day to day doesn't know what he wants. Nothing against Ricky, he can't really help it to a degree.

footballer said:
Not exactly an afterthought, he will provide quality relief, and hopefully will teach the pup a thing or two about thangs. We have a deep backfield, but when you have 3 heavyhitters(ronnie,ricky,sammie...even kj) thats power. plus the quick verstile minor, then a tweener in gordan..it gets confusing. no matter what, we have depth at a position that was our weakest last year, and its quality depth that few teams have seen.

yes, an afterthought. The simple fact is that given Ricky's past, the chance that he will not finish the season is much greater than with any of our other RBs. So, you have to plan for the season and even plan game to game as if Ricky is not here. When gametime arrives, if Ricky shows up then fine.. use him in whatever capacity you want. If he doesnt, then OK....go with the guys you intended to play.

Neither
My depth chart would look like this:
Lamar Gordon
Ronnie Brown
Ricky Williams

Why?

Because Gordon has had more playing time and training in the pros than either of them coming into the season.

I would choose Ronnie ahead of Ricky because Ricky hasn't trained properly or even worked out for the better part of a year and Ronnie and Lamar have.

seen as how Ricky will be missing the first 4 games being suspended.......obviously Ronnie.

On another note.....depending on how preseason goes and how he performs in the first month will determine how long Ronnie starts or if Saban feels he needs more time to grow. We'll just have to wait and see.

i would put ricky out of the picture at least until week 5. but until then the compitention is between brown and gordon not ricky who quit because he didn't want the 20-25 carries a game. ricky dosn't start. the best back on the team will?

Um Ronnie brown has never ever played in the NFL, I would start gordon and bring in brown, depending on performance i would juggle the two of them. If by week 5 Ronnie has outdone Gordon then i start to bring williams into the mix. you just can't go throwing players in cold turkey its a phased approach

I start and play whoever helps me win the best. once they are on the team, winning is the only thing that counts. You forget grudges and vengeance!

Ronnie is the starter and if he does good then Ricky won't get on the field too much, he has four games to prove himself while Ricky is suspended

After the first four games, it would be the best back at the time. I believe if a back who was one of the top 5 in the NFL is on the team, and plays the same, you start him, unless one of the top 4 in the league is on the same team. And in Ricky's case, he becomes a top 5 back after the 20th carry, not on the 10th.

When healthy and committed, Ricky is one of the best in the league.
Better than Ronnie. Better than Gordan. If Ricky gets beat out, then you bench him, and use him 15 times a game, just like any backup. But we won't know until week 6. I do think it would be interesting to see Ricky and Ronnie on the field at the same time, but it reminds me of Tony Dorsett and Hershel Walker - and that experiment failed! ;)

Now fire away at me...

Back
Top Bottom