Your the coach who do you start ricky or ronnie? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your the coach who do you start ricky or ronnie?

cheekychap said:
After the first four games, it would be the best back at the time. I believe if a back who was one of the top 5 in the NFL is on the team, and plays the same, you start him, unless one of the top 4 in the league is on the same team. And in Ricky's case, he becomes a top 5 back after the 20th carry, not on the 10th.

When healthy and committed, Ricky is one of the best in the league.
Better than Ronnie. Better than Gordan. If Ricky gets beat out, then you bench him, and use him 15 times a game, just like any backup. But we won't know until week 6. I do think it would be interesting to see Ricky and Ronnie on the field at the same time, but it reminds me of Tony Dorsett and Hershel Walker - and that experiment failed! ;)

Now fire away at me...
you can't say that Ricky is better then Ronnie, Ronnie has yet to play in the NFL yet but I beleive with all of his talent that he will be a damn good back. To me he has more talent then Ricky did when he was at the top of his game. They both have good power but Ronnie has the speed edge as well as being the better all-around back

whoever does best in training camp and preseason. If it's Ricky than Ricky starts if it's Ronnie than Ronnie starts. It's simple whomever most productive. Stop being biased because of what he did. Again he did us a favor by leaving. As I stated long ago if he'd stayed would we have won a superbowl NO!!! and we'd still have Wanny and Howdy Dudy(Fielder). Now look at what's going on this is the most exciting times since they drafted Dan the man. I didn't read all replys but the majority people have voted for Ronnie hands down and I say Ronnie to only if he's better than Ricky and only if he's better than Ricky otherwise I'd start Ricky.

I start the guy who is productive and doesn't screw up. Ronnie hasn't played a down yet in the NFL... don't get too far ahead of yourself.

well it will be ronnie for the first 4-games atleast, let's be for real a 100% ricky is over ronnie any day, we know what ricky can do!! ronnie would have to prove himself. ricky has only been out of football for only one year,i know people are pissed off at ricky, but he was like the top back in the nfl when he left, wanny ran him some much it was crazy, almost 1000 carries in 2 years, ronnie is the future but i can see ricky battling for that starting job at some point

:goof:

p-double said:
well it will be ronnie for the first 4-games atleast, let's be for real a 100% ricky is over ronnie any day, we know what ricky can do!! ronnie would have to prove himself. ricky has only been out of football for only one year,i know people are pissed off at ricky, but he was like the top back in the nfl when he left, wanny ran him some much it was crazy, almost 1000 carries in 2 years, ronnie is the future but i can see ricky battling for that starting job at some point

exactly my point. Ricky is a great back and was over worked. there was nothing else. anyone who thinks Ricky ruined our SB chances is blind. if i'm not mistaken his 2nd year was less productive because all the opposing teams had to do was key on ricky because howdy duty wasn't going to hurt them. face it ricky didn't ruin our chances there was no chances to ruin but, ricky paved the way to our bright future.

100 percent that i would take Brown over Ricky. Ricky's mind isnt exactly 100 percent football while Brown is. Brown is our future at RB while Ricky will just be here for a year IMO, to help carry the load with Brown.

You gotta start Ronnie. As somebody said, he's the future of the franchise. Ricky is not a team guy. He's a Ricky guy. You can't count on him in any way, shape or form. Because of that he's going to kill the vibe in the locker room. He's a good back and all that but there's a larger issue. You can't even believe he's coming back until he's physically here and before you know it he'll be gone again. Don't build the offense around Ricky Williams. We'll get burned again. Fool me once... Give the ball to Ronnie.

CTFinFan said:
You gotta start Ronnie. As somebody said, he's the future of the franchise. Ricky is not a team guy. He's a Ricky guy. You can't count on him in any way, shape or form. Because of that he's going to kill the vibe in the locker room. He's a good back and all that but there's a larger issue. You can't even believe he's coming back until he's physically here and before you know it he'll be gone again. Don't build the offense around Ricky Williams. We'll get burned again. Fool me once... Give the ball to Ronnie.

listening to zach and jt. they both said they would welcome him back with open arms and everybody deserves a second chance. that's from 2 of the biggest leaders on the team. doesn't seem to me there would be a problem. c'mon most athlete's today have baggage and carry big clouds over them but, everyone will forget if he's gets back to his old form mark my words. i think saban knows what he's doing. we can speculate all we want but, he has a plan what that plan is we can only guess. maybe he'll get the respect from ricky that didn't happen with wanny. I'll tell you what I trust in nick because he has a reputation for helping trouble players like ricky. i read a story about ike reece and he said in his story how coach saban then coaching michigan state how he saved his career and saved him him trouble. maybe he can do the same with ricky.

FISHFAN44 said:
listening to zach and jt. they both said they would welcome him back with open arms and everybody deserves a second chance. that's from 2 of the biggest leaders on the team. doesn't seem to me there would be a problem. c'mon most athlete's today have baggage and carry big clouds over them but, everyone will forget if he's gets back to his old form mark my words. i think saban knows what he's doing. we can speculate all we want but, he has a plan what that plan is we can only guess. maybe he'll get the respect from ricky that didn't happen with wanny. I'll tell you what I trust in nick because he has a reputation for helping trouble players like ricky. i read a story about ike reece and he said in his story how coach saban then coaching michigan state how he saved his career and saved him him trouble. maybe he can do the same with ricky.

I really hope you're right and I know the players have said they'd welcome him back but I'm not convinced that Ricky's heart is really in it. He bolted once and I believe that the inclination is still there. As you said, Saban seems to know what he's doing and when (if) Ricky sees that the coaching is better, the line is better and he actually has help in the form of Ronnie Brown as well as a much more varied offense maybe he'll be more inclined to stick. He split once. I won't be at all surprised if he does it again. Nobody hopes I'm wrong more than I do.

p-double said:

RW was arguably the top back in 2002. That's the only year you can say that. I would be dissapointed if RB isn't at least as good as RW was in those other years.

CTFinFan said:
I won't be at all surprised if he does it again. Nobody hopes I'm wrong more than I do.

I don't tend to know the answers but, imagine if Ricky can get back to himself and Ronnie is the player he's suppose to be. Just imagine or Ricky is on his game we can a great draft pick for him.

thenicksabanera said:
ronnie we spent a 1 round pick on him so i really think he start

Yea but, he hasn't played a down in the NFL yet. Although RB is one of the easiest if not the easiest to go from college to pro. So let's not crown him rookie of the year just yet.

Back
Top Bottom