Zach Thomas fined $7,500 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas fined $7,500

The second one shows Coles getting rocked anyway. Some part of Zach twisted Coles' head halfway around. I think it was his shoulder, but it's conceivable he caught some helmet there too.

http://www.ethanpooley.net/dolphins/thomas_hit2.avi

I agree furball, I saw this yesterday and I think it is the root of the fine. I think it was a "jaw" shot with the top of his helmet. Stuff happens....

Maybe if you would have knocked out Chad, leon and Cotchery you might have won the game.

Might?...**** all we had to do was take out Leon hes the only guy that had a decent game against...I hope the Jets dont even malke the playoffs they are not worthy of it.

Might?...**** all we had to do was take out Leon hes the only guy that had a decent game against...I hope the Jets dont even malke the playoffs they are not worthy of it.

You must have missed Chad's tremendous throw to cotchery that put us up 10-7 and I think winning 10 games tells us we are worthy. Enjoy watching us again.

You must have missed Chad's tremendous throw to cotchery that put us up 10-7 and I think winning 10 games tells us we are worthy. Enjoy watching us again.

I have no insulting words to say about the Jets right now. They're going to the playoffs, and we're not. It's that simple.....

With that said, I'd like to see the Jets do well this year in the post-season, they're a very fiesty young group, and I love rooting for the underdog during the playoffs regardless of what team they are. Not to mention I'm sick of the Patriots always ending up on top....

Good luck Junc!!!!...

PHINZ RULE!!!!

1 great throw whipdeedoo....Brag all u want but every1 knows that the Jets suck and wont make it pass week 1 of the playoffs...For the record to incase u missed but the Jets record is 9-6 right now...I hope the raiders come and beat ur ***** and knock u out lof the playoffs.

that's just screwed up. No flag on the play but yet they found him guilty in the front office? They should fine the refs instead of Zach or tell Cole to slow down when running. :rolleyes2

This league is going to the crappers. REFS are ruining this league and the FO is doing nothing about these guys especially when the Pats are playing.

One thing I can say is that the NFL has it's baby teams. Right now the Cowpokes are up there. They are probably protecting the jets team because they just lent them $ to build a new stadium. They have to protect their investmant. :rolleyes2

I agree furball, I saw this yesterday and I think it is the root of the fine. I think it was a "jaw" shot with the top of his helmet. Stuff happens....

I get what you're saying but there is a problem with this whole scenario.

Any of you who have played the game will understand this completely. At full speed in the middle of a play things happen VERY QUICKLY. You line up another player for a hit and his position can change in fraction of a second. A hit initially lined up for a shoulder first hit can turn into you hitting him with a piece of your helmet along with your shoulder and ultimately being an illegal hit with these standards of officiating.

IMO, if this continues you're going to get more and more sloppy tackling out of defenses. The last thing you need as a player is them worrying about accidentally making an illegal hit. Can you say arm tackle city?

They have to be able to differentiate hits that seem flagrant v.s. hits that are "just part of a violent game".

If not the quality of the game is going to go down quite a bit. Just my 2 cents.

that's just screwed up. No flag on the play but yet they found him guilty in the front office? They should fine the refs instead of Zach or tell Cole to slow down when running. :rolleyes2

This league is going to the crappers. REFS are ruining this league and the FO is doing nothing about these guys especially when the Pats are playing.

One thing I can say is that the NFL has it's baby teams. Right now the Cowpokes are up there. They are probably protecting the jets team because they just lent them $ to build a new stadium. They have to protect their investmant. :rolleyes2

Totally agree.

In that first one it looks pretty clear that he is leading w/ the helmet. The fact he hit his helmet isn't why his was fined I believe, he led w/ the helmet and that is illegal. I don't think he was trying to do anything dirty but it was an illegal hit in my opinion and apparently the league agrees.

It's spearing that's illegal in an open-field tackle against a non-QB player. Zach's helmet may have been a part of the initial hit, but that doesn't make it a case of spearing. You can still hit people with your helmet in this league, unless it's a QB. Also it can be seen in the videos that Zach put his helmet and shoulder well below Coles' helmet. The fact that they ended up in the same place halfway through the hit (if that's what happened) sure doesn't appear to be Zach's fault or intention.

I'm hoping the league has another angle on this that shows clear helmet-to-helmet contact. But even if they do, I wish they would clarify what they are doing here. E.g., "Zach is being fined because of helmet-to-helmet contact during a tackle. The contact was apparently unintentional and incidental, but it was there and that is dangerous. We are fining him so that people try harder to avoid such contact in the future."

All the talk of a "dirty hit" this week has just been asinine.

I have no insulting words to say about the Jets right now. They're going to the playoffs, and we're not. It's that simple.....

With that said, I'd like to see the Jets do well this year in the post-season, they're a very fiesty young group, and I love rooting for the underdog during the playoffs regardless of what team they are. Not to mention I'm sick of the Patriots always ending up on top....

Good luck Junc!!!!...

PHINZ RULE!!!!

thanks blitz.

umm... i defend my fins 100% but that was definitely an illegal shot lol

ZACH WENT HIGH and everyone here knows it. It was a high, dangerous shot.

Back
Top Bottom