Zach Thomas fined $7,500 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas fined $7,500

What do you expect, in the NFL if you make a big hit they will try and find some way to fine you. This league I once loved is slowly, but surely turning into a joke.

Might as well turn the NFL into flag football. He was doing what he's paid to do. Unbelievable. Can't wait 'till we start stomping the AFC East teams twice a year again.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...omas,0,3716461.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

It is a complete friggin joke what the NFL is becoming.

The NFL loves replays of big hits to draw fans yet they'll fine the guys behind the scenes.

They better get their heads out of their arse because big hits are one of the major draws for fans of the sport.

What a load of BS! :tantrum:

Hold ur head up Zach....Remember this one for next year.

That was a fair hit.....

2002: Healthy Chad - Playoffs
2004: Healthy Chad - Playoffs
2006: Healthy Chad - ?

See a pattern here?

I know that "P" word is a little strange to you, but I am sure someone will help you out with it.

BZ

First up.....Why troll our forum with your attitude. We dont need to hear it.

Second, your right that Miami isnt going to the playoffs, but if you think your guys have a chance this year, you're setting yourself up for a big fall.

New York got lucky Monday night. Without making any excuses, Pennington threw a ball right at Lehan, who cant catch.....great toss huh?? :wink:. Lehan picks it...the whole game changes.

Lucky.

First up.....Why troll our forum with your smarta$$ attitude. We dont need to hear it.

Second, your right that Miami isnt going to the playoffs, but if you think your guys have a chance this year, you're setting yourself up for a big fall.

New York got lucky Monday night. Without making any excuses, Pennington threw a ball right at Lehan, who cant catch.....great toss huh?? :wink:. Lehan picks it...the whole game changes.

Lucky.

I guess as lucky as the ball that bounced right out of Kerry Rhodes hands.

Missed interceptions happen in every game, if you want to cry that it was all luck, fine. The Dolphins were luck to be in the game when that ball bounced off the Jets elbow.

I troll here because I am a fan of football and I defend my team when they are being attacked.

BZ

Here are the replays in slow motion. The first one shows that Zach does drop his shoulder for the hit just like he's supposed to:

http://www.ethanpooley.net/dolphins/thomas_hit1.avi

The second one shows Coles getting rocked anyway. Some part of Zach twisted Coles' head halfway around. I think it was his shoulder, but it's conceivable he caught some helmet there too.

http://www.ethanpooley.net/dolphins/thomas_hit2.avi

In that first one it looks pretty clear that he is leading w/ the helmet. The fact he hit his helmet isn't why his was fined I believe, he led w/ the helmet and that is illegal. I don't think he was trying to do anything dirty but it was an illegal hit in my opinion and apparently the league agrees.

aside from the hit, i think it's pretty whinny crybaby to go to the league w/a tape and say "here look at this i think it's illegal and you missed it!" it appears after a week the nfl wasn't going to fine zack until the jets brought the tape to their door.

take the hit and be a man about it. dont go crying to mommy.

aside from the hit, i think it's pretty whinny crybaby to go to the league w/a tape and say "here look at this i think it's illegal and you missed it!" it appears after a week the nfl wasn't going to fine zack until the jets brought the tape to their door.

take the hit and be a man about it. dont go crying to mommy.

All coaches do it.

First up.....Why troll our forum with your attitude. We dont need to hear it.

Lucky.
Yeah,and maybe if that happened it would have sparked a Jets 20 unanswered point run when we got the ball back. Who knows. What a dumb way to look at things. I guess desperation you'll tell yourself anything to make it look better.

Back
Top Bottom