Zach Thomas One Of 25 Semifinalists For Hof Class Of 2019 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas One Of 25 Semifinalists For Hof Class Of 2019

Finally ... for the first time, our beloved Zach Thomas is a semi-finalist for the Pro Football HOF.

I said in a past post ... once Lewis and Urlacher get in (which they did at the same time luckily), Zach would be the next MLB to get in. He probably wont get in this year, but its nice to see him finally make some headway with the HOF committee.

that's great he needs to come back and coach with the Phins asap

Love Zach but it's not happening.
Heck, JT getting in as early as he did was a surprise.

Is Tom Brady writing a letter for ZT as well?

Zach Thomas and Brian Urlacher had similar stats so I don't see why Thomas wouldn't get in although I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't this time around but he

The Dolphins' organization should have been pushing for this from the first to the fifth year.

Really? 7th all time in sacks getting into the HOF is a surprise to you?

Zach is absolutely a hall of famer.

Zach always played second and third fiddle to R.Lewis(Rightfully so) and Urlacher.
As good as he was he was still not recognized nationally for his talent.

Zach always played second and third fiddle to R.Lewis(Rightfully so) and Urlacher.
Lewis was on another level. His performance vs the Giants in the SB cemented his legacy. Zach was good as Urlacher and on the same level. He deserves to get in.

Zach redefined the MLB position based on his size / production ratio.

Tremendous player for us -- and CLUTCH!

Don't know if he has sufficient velocity to crash through the HOF wall -- considering we have a NUMBER of '72 '73 teamers

left out -- who will probably never get in. Sadly the game nowadays is so hype based and so much based on SBs it's totally slanted

against the remarkable achievements of FOOTBALL PLAYERS like Zach.

But let's also recognize the fact the man has suffered irreparable damage due to his "sacrificial" style of play.

>>> yo! get rid of the helmets altogether and go back to the little leather caps! <<<

Way too many tragedies related to football.

My opinion. Of course.

BNF

I dunno. I remember Zach getting plenty of national recognition. I think the lack of postseason success hurts him. He was the backbone of a defense that tended to fade in December and January. I'm surprised JT got in so quick, but he was DPOY once, had a ton of sacks and scored a lot of touchdowns. That being said Zach deserves to be in the HOF. He's one of my all-time favorites.

Last edited:
Would love to see #54 get in, but I think he keeps waiting another couple years.

Back
Top Bottom