Zach's agents hope for deal this week | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach's agents hope for deal this week

Originally posted by mee
The Dolphins ARE a company. I'm not too sure how you would define "regular". That being said it is difficult to draw comparisons b/c people measure success in different ways. The fans want Superbowls. The owners (while SBs are certainly good for business) would like to see a profit. I understand why it may be difficult for you to view it that way but it is true. And it is hardly ridiculous.

Well what would you call them? Man you should do some research of the internet before you make threads like this. EVERY SINGLE NFL TEAM MAKES THE SAME AMMOUNT of MONEY, when it comes to football opperations. It's called equal revenue sharing. The only perks the owners have is in stadiums, food and beverage, and NFL gear!

Originally posted by mee
As for the "some of you guys" comment. I simply stated my opinion, it is you and your buddies who are hell bent on having me change it. Perhaps you should look in the mirror; you are the one perpetuating this discussion.

Like I said before you might try researching the internet a little while to see if what your actually typing into a thread makes sence!!

By signing a new contract, or extention Zach will make far more money this year than he would have. That is unless he accepts a signing bonus of less than 5 mil. Do you think he is gonna even get that low ball of an offer? I don't think so.........jeezzzz meee what are you thinking?

Originally posted by mee

As for the "some of you guys" comment. I simply stated my opinion, it is you and your buddies who are hell bent on having me change it. Perhaps you should look in the mirror; you are the one perpetuating this discussion.

Hmmmmm....where have I seen this before???

History DOES repeat itself!

The dolphins have made a very fair offer to Zach. The problem is Drew is trying to get a Brookings type deal for Zach and he isn't worth that. Try looking around the league and seeing how many LB's there are over 30 and how many make serious dough. Tough one to find eh?

The phins probably offered a deal in the $7.5 million signing bonus range and we already know the phins offered GUARENTEED payments in future years that he would get even if cut. The overpaying of LB's this year is hurting but Zach needs to realize that he shouldn't get anything more then a modest increase over his last contract because he's not a young up and comer anymore. He's a player with a couple years left and a huge decline.

Originally posted by Platinum
You cannot cut a player that is injured, only once he is healthy can he be cut.

Sorry, but you are wrong there. There are such deals called injury compensation. Two sides come to an agreement and the player is cut. Last year we got D.Clark from Denver that way. He broke his arm and was cut. We picked him up and that was that.

You guys are all making great points about the Extension and how it works out but for the life of me I just can't get over this guy comparing Zach's situation or any players contract situation to employee compensation in every day jobs.

These players are well taken care of. They go into these contracts with agents who make sure they get guaranteed money. Usually guaranteed in excess of what they are worth.
Millions of dollars up front for Gods sake.
Yes some of it will never be seen due to backloaded deals but they go into it fully aware of the fact that they more than likely won't see a penny of it.

Would we be willing to take a pay cut from our company.....
:lol: :lol: :lol:
No one I know is given the opportunity to even decide that and most people I know that have gone through downsizing would have welcomed a pay cut over getting fired.

This is hardly a comparable situation on that merit alone.
Then we can get into how this isn't even about Zach taking a pay cut at all.

OYE!

Back
Top Bottom