ZaQuandre White breaking ankles | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ZaQuandre White breaking ankles

Do you know the Shanahan's history of finding late round and undrafted running backs that become really productive players in the NFL? McDaniel has been with the Shanahan's nearly every step of the way and has helped guide and develop that system. This kid looks exactly like the type of player that fits the mold of players that have had success in this system.
I think I would restate that as "become really productive players in his system".

I think that says more about RBs being overvalued by some. I have also noticed that for all the sucess those on the cheap RBs have had, they don't do it for long before he moves on to another guy. I theorize that is because once opposing teams get a handle on what those backs can and can't do they become a bit of a "tell".

I have no problem with that philosophy. Just saying if you are going that direction (RBBC), get used to different faces on a regular basis.

His balance and body control are elite AF.
Halfway through that clip Im like 'Holy fuq, I love watching this guy run!'

McDaniel has certainly made his presence felt with the UDFA signing of White. The kid looks like he can play.

McDaniel has certainly made his presence felt with the UDFA signing of White. The kid looks like he can play.
While his highlight reel certainly looks impressive. If you just look at highlight reels, you would think that every running back who has his highlight reel on YouTube are the greatest RB’s in history.

Perhaps he will come in and win a spot on the roster but it won’t surprise me if he wins that spot with his play on special teams more than his ability as a RB. The fact he played ST in college and also the LB position certainly shows he might have value as a special team player in the NFL while also being able to provide depth at the RB position.

While his highlight reel certainly looks impressive. If you just look at highlight reels, you would think that every running back who has his highlight reel on YouTube are the greatest RB’s in history.

Perhaps he will come in and win a spot on the roster but it won’t surprise me if he wins that spot with his play on special teams more than his ability as a RB. The fact he played ST in college and also the LB position certainly shows he might have value as a special team player in the NFL while also being able to provide depth at the RB position.
Very true. But if you watch those highlights, you see his vision and patience are excellent. He seems to have instincts to know when to make the proper cut to the hole. Gaskin struggles there, he's not very good in traffic.

Very true. But if you watch those highlights, you see his vision and patience are excellent. He seems to have instincts to know when to make the proper cut to the hole. Gaskin struggles there, he's not very good in traffic.
I am not trying to say he has no chance of coming in and winning a spot on the roster. I just take a wait and see attitude toward every rookie coming into the league and especially rookies who weren’t drafted.

I remember last year there were several posters who thought Doaks was going to come in and win a position at RB and have a good season. Obviously that didn’t happen.

As a Dolphin fan, I certainly hope White comes in and becomes one of those RB’s that other teams regret not drafting. Right now though, I want to see how he plays in the NFL before I jump on the train.

Wow - that guy has something that good RB's really need and that people really tend to overlook. And that's balance. The ability to change directions, take a hit, etc. without getting off step is so crucial and is a difference maker between guys who can get yards blocked and guys who can get extra.

In a league where nearly everyone is a good athlete, it's a great skill to be able to bring your athleticism to bear longer because you don't lose it the moment you're hit or have to change direction.

I am not trying to say he has no chance of coming in and winning a spot on the roster. I just take a wait and see attitude toward every rookie coming into the league and especially rookies who weren’t drafted.

I remember last year there were several posters who thought Doaks was going to come in and win a position at RB and have a good season. Obviously that didn’t happen.

As a Dolphin fan, I certainly hope White comes in and becomes one of those RB’s that other teams regret not drafting. Right now though, I want to see how he plays in the NFL before I jump on the train.
I understand. Trust me I want any player drafted or not, to be successful as a Miami Dolphin.

He was an undrafted free agent for a reason. The highlight videos on YouTube make every player look like an All American player. I see him as fighting for the 4th RB position on the roster and if he makes the roster, he will likely see very little action during the regular season unless they have several injuries at the RB position.

I look at these highlights of Gaskin and I see a guy who makes it as far as the first defender on 9/10 plays. Not that what you say isn't entirely false, but you have to look at the highlights for the physical skills. Gaskin's highlight show burst but I'd much rather have balance. No YAC ability whatsoever with burst alone.

I just like being able to look at highlights and see a skill that might make a player be successful. And success has a different standard when you are talking about a UDFA.
I'm with you on that. Same here

Agree. Most UDFAs make the team as ST. If he can do that, he can grow into actual snaps.

McDaniel isn’t Shanahan. Also I never said he wouldn’t make the team. I merely stated he would likely be the 4th RB on the roster if he does make the team. I think there are presently at least 3 RB’s on the roster who are better than he is but you are certainly entitled to your opinion.
I count only two who are clearly better on the current roster, Mostert and Edmonds, but Mostert has an extensive injury history.

Back
Top Bottom