Zimmer to Miami picking up steam | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zimmer to Miami picking up steam

so why do you think its taking so long for him to get a sniff as a hc???

That's a good question. God's timing I guess, I don't know. He's talked about it in the past. People bring up Nebraska a few years back, but he also had kids in school at the time. It wasn't a great situation to up and move them. Now, with his kids being grown, off on their own, I think it's his time.

He used to show up 45 minutes early to baseball practice. He'd get there before the coaches. The man was born driven. He'd throw himself pop-ups behind home plate (he was a catcher) until the rest of the team arrived.

Perry Fewell is impressive. He's a young coach and he's done pretty well against the AFC East teams. He is in higher demand too...

I like Zimmer, don't get me wrong.

i was thinking about fewell watching that giants d today...but the question with him has to be asked is he a product of that rediculous giants dline....that d front is straight nasty

but you could say that about any of these candidates who have had success...are they a product of the talent on the field

i was thinking about fewell watching that giants d today...but the question with him has to be asked is he a product of that rediculous giants dline....that d front is straight nasty

but you could say that about any of these candidates who have had success...are they a product of the talent on the field

Except Zimmer.

Perry Fewell is impressive. He's a young coach and he's done pretty well against the AFC East teams. He is in higher demand too...

I like Zimmer, don't get me wrong.

I like Fewell but of course we interviewed our one black coach lol and I doubt we look at any others

55. My wife died in 2003. I've aged 20 years since then. Mike's wife died in 2009. He's aged about 10. It changes you physically as well as emotionally.

As someone who also lost a wife when she was 29, I can feel your enduring pain. You move on but you're never that same person again. So sorry for your loss.

Except Zimmer.

zimmers d's from my knowledge at least in cinci have been hot and cold...have they ever been uber talented to that i'd say no...but i also think they've been meh at times...at least from my recollection...that said do i think he gets the most out of the talent he does have??? yes i do...but i'm not a fan of an oversized safety playing lb with no coverage skills and i seem to think he has a penchant for those type...and i think he's way more about straight line free safety types than open their hips and run guys...and from what i've seen i think he would be in line with a free safety type like a gibril wilson...and we know how that worked for us...

As someone who also lost a wife when she was 29, I can feel your enduring pain. You move on but you're never that same person again. So sorry for your loss.

damn...sorry for your loss also...

Whose the oversized S playing LB? Can't who that is.

he had roy williams playin a roll like that and teams would just scheme by formation etc to get him isolated in coverage and torch their ***

this year he had chris crocker which is definitely different than roy williams can cover a little better but crocker was horrid in the texans playoff game

he had roy williams playin a roll like that and teams would just scheme by formation etc to get him isolated in coverage and torch their ***

this year he had chris crocker which is definitely different than roy williams can cover a little better but crocker was horrid in the texans playoff game

Isn't it mike brown who is the gm and signs players? Brown is pretty crazy probably didn't ask zimmer much about personnel

Isn't it mike brown who is the gm and signs players? Brown is pretty crazy probably didn't ask zimmer much about personnel

i'd have to think zimmer has a say in defensive personnel at least...he should

Because the head coach hires the staff, not the GM. Zimmer and Daboll do not have a previous relationship. The lead candidate for offensive coordinator if Zimmer gets the job has to be Hue Jackson.
A lame duck coach who was a Harbaugh debacle away from being fired wouldn't be allowed carte blanche to make that OC hire. Ireland had to have had a hand in it. His comments regarding Daboll at the time certainly support his part in the hire.

I'd be thrilled if Hue Jackson became the OC, but unfortunately Daboll remaining is a very real and terrifying possibility.

A lame duck coach who was a Harbaugh debacle away from being fired wouldn't be allowed carte blanche to make that OC hire. Ireland had to have had a hand in it. His comments regarding Daboll at the time certainly support his part in the hire.

I'd be thrilled if Hue Jackson became the OC, but unfortunately Daboll remaining is a very real and terrifying possibility.

Daboll never deserved the hire but there wasnt much out there and Chud chose Carolina so who knows

Back
Top Bottom