Zimmer to Miami picking up steam | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zimmer to Miami picking up steam

how damn old is mike zimmer??? he just looks like he's got a lot of wear on him already to me...

how damn old is mike zimmer??? he just looks like he's got a lot of wear on him already to me...

55. My wife died in 2003. I've aged 20 years since then. Mike's wife died in 2009. He's aged about 10. It changes you physically as well as emotionally.

i liked kbs 4 things he looks for in a head coach and i do think for the most part zimmer fits the bill in all of them...out of the people we have brought in i'm most in favor of him...i'm not in love with it by any means but i have already reserved myself to the idea that if ireland must stay i have no choice but to not be in love with the next head coach...frankly

Hoops who would be your top 3?

Damn dude. I couldnt even imagine losing my wife. Just horrible.

Well anyone that knew Vikki knows how much Mike not only wants to become a head coach for himself, but he'd love to show Vikki that he made it. It was her dream for him just as much as it is his.

55. My wife died in 2003. I've aged 20 years since then. Mike's wife died in 2009. He's aged about 10. It changes you physically as well as emotionally.

sorry for your loss...you know mike well i guess and you think its his straight up dream to be a head coach in the nfl??? and take away the connection and tell me straight up would he be a damn good one in your opinion???

sorry for your loss...you know mike well i guess and you think its his straight up dream to be a head coach in the nfl??? and take away the connection and tell me straight up would he be a damn good one in your opinion???

Damn good one yes. Bill, his father, made sure both his boys had leadership skills. The very skills that would make Mike a good candidate for a head coaching job are the same skills that helped Bill make the Illinois Hall of Fame as a coach. I was one of his wrestlers at Lockport, and I remember going over to the Zimmer's house to "study opponents". This is wrestling, mind you. If Mike becomes a head coach, whether in Miami or somewhere else, I have no doubt he'll take his father's lessons and combine them with what he's picked up over the years, and he'll be a hell of a coach.

Hoops who would be your top 3?

honestly i'm struggling...i think kb makes some very good points...is pete carmichael a product of drew brees is chud basically riding cam newtons coattails is philbin more the oline guy (which we've already had and it sucked) or a offensive genuis...i already think the mike mccoy thing is all about tebows success so i say even though you never know what might happen i'd want him to show me another year before i consider him for real...

but i also think this must work with ireland has and will continue to turn some candidates off...

i'd like to talk with vic fangio i know that but we're at least a week away from that...i'm not huge on the ravens dc i think he's possibly a product of the talent on that ravens d...like i said i'm struggling

Damn good one yes. Bill, his father, made sure both his boys had leadership skills. The very skills that would make Mike a good candidate for a head coaching job are the same skills that helped Bill make the Illinois Hall of Fame as a coach. I was one of his wrestlers at Lockport, and I remember going over to the Zimmer's house to "study opponents". This is wrestling, mind you. If Mike becomes a head coach, whether in Miami or somewhere else, I have no doubt he'll take his father's lessons and combine them with what he's picked up over the years, and he'll be a hell of a coach.

so why do you think its taking so long for him to get a sniff as a hc???

Back
Top Bottom