Zimmer to Miami picking up steam | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zimmer to Miami picking up steam

Stop it, you have been this way the 15 years I've been reading your posts on Dolphin mboards. I have never seen you post anything positive about the Phins, not once. There's always a negative slant with you.

i havent been on this board for fifteen years and oh well your perspective. but not alot of poistives in those 15 years

Stop it, you have been this way the 15 years I've been reading your posts on Dolphin mboards. I have never seen you post anything positive about the Phins, not once. There's always a negative slant with you.

He wears that Debbie Downer '10 Award with pride

Never said it was good or bad, but Im pretty sure people on staff get to have some input and hester was a special teams player first and foremost

You said probably not a good thing overall to be drafting special teams players highly. I agree to an extent (i. e. 9th overall), but it came across as inferring he's not a good candidate because of his position with special teams.

Perhaps that's not your intent, but based on past posts on this subject, it comes across that way.

ah ****, now im fully on the zimmer bandwagon - i hope we dont loose out haha.

i havent been on this board for fifteen years and oh well your perspective. but not alot of poistives in those 15 years

When did I say you have been on this mboard for 15 years? I did say I have been reading your posts for 15 years. Don't blame me if your memory is failing, mine isn't.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Has it been 15 years, oliver? Makes me feel old.

Ya it's been that long, but for you it's more like 13. At least that's how I remember it.

I think the "Dallas Connection" is a little overblown. Yes, Zimmer and Ireland worked together in Dallas, but that shouldn't be viewed as something negative with Zimmer or Ireland. Not hiring him because of that reason or being upset about it because of that reason is a bit dramatic. Zimmer has coached with the Falcons and Bengals since working for Dallas, yet some jump straight to the "Dallas Connection". Come on.

Some of you know that lately I have said that Toub would be my first choice, but I have also said Zimmer would be my next choice. Like Toub, he is viewed greatly by his current fan base and people throughout the league. I think it was Peter King last week that said Zimmer would be a better hire than Fisher. We will have to see about that, but he does seem like a quality candidate. Wouldn't be surprised if Zimmer is hired that Miami could still target Toub for a spot on the staff.

He is my favorite canidate so far out of anyone we have interviewed. I also agree with what others have said here that he is someone that will already know Ireland and they have a relationship already.

I think the "Dallas Connection" is a little overblown. Yes, Zimmer and Ireland worked together in Dallas, but that shouldn't be viewed as something negative with Zimmer or Ireland. Not hiring him because of that reason or being upset about it because of that reason is a bit dramatic. Zimmer has coached with the Falcons and Bengals since working for Dallas, yet some jump straight to the "Dallas Connection". Come on.

Some of you know that lately I have said that Toub would be my first choice, but I have also said Zimmer would be my next choice. Like Toub, he is viewed greatly by his current fan base and people throughout the league. I think it was Peter King last week that said Zimmer would be a better hire than Fisher. We will have to see about that, but he does seem like a quality candidate. Wouldn't be surprised if Zimmer is hired that Miami could still target Toub for a spot on the staff.

I think it is overblown as well. Just off of Parcells's staff, you have Sean Payton, Todd Haley, Tony Sparano, and now possibly Mike Zimmer that will have gone on to become head coaches. Jason Garrett later became a head coach, but he wasn't hired till Wade Phillips took over.

I think it is overblown as well. Just off of Parcells's staff, you have Sean Payton, Todd Haley, Tony Sparano, and now possibly Mike Zimmer that will have gone on to become head coaches. Jason Garrett later became a head coach, but he wasn't hired till Wade Phillips took over.

Zimmer was already there in Dallas when parcells got hired and he decided to keep zimmer because he thought highly of him. so he's not really on parcells "staff" type player.

i liked kbs 4 things he looks for in a head coach and i do think for the most part zimmer fits the bill in all of them...out of the people we have brought in i'm most in favor of him...i'm not in love with it by any means but i have already reserved myself to the idea that if ireland must stay i have no choice but to not be in love with the next head coach...frankly

He has a good buzz around various sites. Mia fans like the idea of getting him and seems like Bengals fans would be bummed to lose him. I don't know a lot about him but seems like a good candidate.

I've known Mike since we were in junior high school, and one thing I can say about him is that he's a very loyal guy. He'll be a loyal coach as well.

Back
Top Bottom