Zimmer to Miami picking up steam | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zimmer to Miami picking up steam

Ya get the Guy with Dallas Conection who`s Defense gave up 31....???????

Zimmer coaches on the Bengals. I don't remember them to be a powerhouse on offense or defense. Why is Zimmer the answer? Not being smart, just curious.

1. He is a tremendous leader. His players would go to war for him.
2. He is a tremendous motivator. He inspires his players to be better than they really are.
3. He gets the most out of his players. His defenses have rated in the top 10 in every category except turnovers forced in 2 of the past three years, and this is with a bunch of players who are castoffs from other teams.
4. He has the ability to adapt, as he has coached in both the 3-4 and the 4-3 defense.

The other plusses is that he will very likely keep Todd Bowles as the defensive coordinator, keeping a great young coach with this team. He is also connected enough that he will be able to hire a strong coaching staff.

i only could WISH this gets announced tomorrow and we could start picking up our coordinators and start preparing for the draft.

With Nolan out, it almost has to be Zimmer. Which is a shame since that's not a good reason to make a decision this big.

Yes, because one performance outweighs a body of work. BTW Sean Payton was on the Cowboys coaching staff, I bet the Saints don't regret hiring him, and we won't regret hiring Zimmer.

Of course. Let's overlook several games and even seasons of strong defensive play for Mike Zimmer and not hire him because his Cincinnati Bengals defense gave up 31 points to the Texans in the playoffs. Why not? We want to give big money to a quarterback based on one game.

Let's completely ignore the fact that Mike Zimmer's defense in Cincinnati was the 9th best scoring defense, 7th best total defense, 9th best passing defense, and 10th best run defense in the league this year with a bunch of cast offs and no elite players. His defense also had the 5th most sacks in the league.

he could run both.
He prefers the 4-3. Parcells forced him to run the 3-4 in Dallas but he was a 4-3 guy before Parcells got there and he was a 4-3 after he left Dallas.

I never understood why Marvin Lewis, who coached the 3-4 with the Ravens, never switched his defense to the 3-4 in Cincy. That's another subject.

I think you are on to something that we as fans must realize: Ireland is running this team and it will only work better if someone that sees eye to eye with him is the HC.

I think the guy deserves a chance to be a HC in the league. I root for guys like this.
Thats whats up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would likely stay with the 3-4 at least at first. I believe CK mentioned in a post earlier this week that there would be a strong possibility of Hue Jackson as OC if Zimmer is the hire.

His connection to Dallas and Irleand.

And that is wrong exactly how? I guess we are supposed to hire a head coach that doesn't have good chemistry with Jeff Ireland simply because fans hate Jeff Ireland despite the fact that he has done a better than average job as a general manager.

Back
Top Bottom