Zimmer to Miami picking up steam | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zimmer to Miami picking up steam

Zimmer coaches on the Bengals. I don't remember them to be a powerhouse on offense or defense. Why is Zimmer the answer? Not being smart, just curious.

He is pretty much like the Chin, or Tomlin, a hardazz dude, with a lot of knowledge on how to work with people. Has ties with lots of coordinators who would be willing to work with him..

And that is wrong exactly how? I guess we are supposed to hire a head coach that doesn't have good chemistry with Jeff Ireland simply because fans hate Jeff Ireland despite the fact that he has done a better than average job as a general manager.
No we're supposed to hire the best candidate for the job and not restrict ourselves to familiar faces. A good GM could determine in an interview if he'll be able to work with a coach. Do you think Trent Baalke, the GM of the 49ers, knew he had any chemistry with Jim Harbaugh before he hired him?

To consider Mike Zimmer a "Cowboy cast off" is just a poster looking to ***** at something. Mike Zimmer is a great hire and something this team needs now.

Zimmer adapted to the 3-4 under Parcells in Dallas. That speaks well of him.

I like Zimmer and think he would be a better hire than Fisher would have been.

Zimmer adapted to the 3-4 under Parcells in Dallas. That speaks well of him.

I like Zimmer and think he would be a better hire than Fisher would have been.

Wel;l obvious our owner did not I agree but Im a im all for it

It is true in Zimmer's case, my friend.
That was true of Sparano. They continued to play hard for him all the way till the end. If they didn't care about Sparano this team would have quit on him a long time ago.

Whether the defense loves playing for him or not is an overvalued, overstated aspect of a coach. Tom Coughlin has been known as a militant guy, hard nosed and at times very difficult to get along with...and he's won a super bowl and now he's headed to another NFC championship game.

as long as todd bowles has NOTHING to do with this team any longer, i can stomach it.

outside of the o-line, our secondary was the worst and that was bowles unit. and everybody wants him as our d/c?

all he brings to the table is being "one of parcells guys". thats it. he has done nothing special or inovative in this leauge and doesnt deserve an h/c OR d/c job. if he did, parcells would have made that happen, somewhere.

now PERRY FEWELL! theres a guy who deserves a shot. he brings something to the table if you want a defensive guy here. if not h/c than give him the assistant h/c title and a bundle of cash to be OUR d/c.

last year we get all hopped up thinking were landing harbaugh. that fails and the icing on the cake is retaining tony sparano and giving him a raise and two more years, after pretty much everyone thought he was a gonner for sure, harbaugh or not.

now the embarrassment of "losing" fisher and were going to top this off with announcing TODD BOWLES as our new head coach?

man, the season tickets will be worth gold bars!! theres some excitement!!!

i can hear billichek laughing all the way from boston.

That was true of Sparano. They continued to play hard for him all the way till the end. If they didn't care about Sparano this team would have quit on him a long time ago.

Whether the defense loves playing for him or not is an overvalued, overstated aspect of a coach. Tom Coughlin has been known as a militant guy, hard nosed and at times very difficult to get along with...and he's won a super bowl and now he's headed to another NFC championship game.

The difference between Sparano and Zimmer is that Zimmer gets the most out of his players, while Sparano's players constantly underachieved.

No we're supposed to hire the best candidate for the job and not restrict ourselves to familiar faces. A good GM could determine in an interview if he'll be able to work with a coach. Do you think Trent Baalke, the GM of the 49ers, knew he had any chemistry with Jim Harbaugh before he hired him?

Actually, he did. That's one of the reasons Jim Harbaugh took the job instead of staying at Stanford.

I have 2 questions If Zimmer is hired as HC ... 1) If Todd Bowles is retained as DC. who is the candidate to take Bowles place as Secondary coach? and 2) Is there a possibility of using a hybrid 3-4 defense or a 3-4/4-3 combo being that Zimmer knows both!!!

Maybe it's because I know less about him than Fisher, but I'm a helluva lot more excited by the prospect of Zimmer being our HC!. While I don't have the problems some others do with Ireland, I'd still rather we started from scratch than have any residual smell of tuna; however like it or not, Ireland looks to be here to stay so why not get a highly respected, top performing , fresh thinking coordinator who can work well with him? IMO sure beats a mediocre tired HC having control issues as an overreaction to his last team's frustrations, (which regardless, he kept re-upping for.).

Back
Top Bottom