Zimmer to Miami picking up steam | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zimmer to Miami picking up steam

If Ireland and Zimmer think alike and are on the same page.....THAT IS A GOOD THING PEOPLE!!!

One direction for the franchise

Maybe it's because I know less about him than Fisher, but I'm a helluva lot more excited by the prospect of Zimmer being our HC!. While I don't have the problems some others do with Ireland, I'd still rather we started from scratch than have any residual smell of tuna; however like it or not, Ireland looks to be here to stay so why not get a highly respected, top performing , fresh thinking coordinator who can work well with him? IMO sure beats a mediocre tired HC having control issues as an overreaction to his last team's frustrations, (which regardless, he kept re-upping for.).
After seeing the post of several Finheaven posters who know about Zimmer and his scheme's, I got excited too ... I was not happy about Fisher he scared me, with his total control demands!!!

That was true of Sparano. They continued to play hard for him all the way till the end. If they didn't care about Sparano this team would have quit on him a long time ago.

Whether the defense loves playing for him or not is an overvalued, overstated aspect of a coach. Tom Coughlin has been known as a militant guy, hard nosed and at times very difficult to get along with...and he's won a super bowl and now he's headed to another NFC championship game.

Of course. Being a leader and inspiring your team has nothing to do with being a head coach. It's more important to either be associated with an explosive offense or an elite quarterback.

Actually, he did. That's one of the reasons Jim Harbaugh took the job instead of staying at Stanford.
Baalke didn't know Harbaugh personally before he hired him. Jim Harbaugh took that job cause he wanted to coach in the NFL and his wife didn't want to move...it made the most sense for him and his family.

The difference between Sparano and Zimmer is that Zimmer gets the most out of his players, while Sparano's players constantly underachieved.

Yep. If Sparano was smarter from an x's and o's standpoint and not nearly as stubborn as he is, he would have been a quality head coach. He was a good leader who could motivate, but he chased the game.

Mike Zimmer is a great leader that can motivate, but he's also brilliant from a schematic standpoint. And if he keeps Todd Bowles as the defensive coodinator, that makes him even more attractive.

If Ireland and Zimmer think alike and are on the same page.....THAT IS A GOOD THING PEOPLE!!!

One direction for the franchise

maybe but that page so far has produced three losing seasons, if zimmer comes i hope he has some say and is not a yes man and will choose his own staff

maybe but that page so far has produced three losing seasons, if zimmer comes i hope he has some say and is not a yes man and will choose his own staff

No, Parcells page has produced those losing seasons. And Sparano was a bad coach. This is new. Not a coincidence that Miami's best draft in recent years was last years once Parcells wasn't in the picture

To consider Mike Zimmer a "Cowboy cast off" is just a poster looking to ***** at something. Mike Zimmer is a great hire and something this team needs now.

With all due respect Fox you are the one starting crap by stating this.

Its common knowledge around the league, not just here in Miami, that we have a constant Dallas castoff connection. I don't think that any poster being concerned over ANOTHER ex-Dallas employee joining the ranks (yet again) is starting anything. They are just being a concerned fan over the issue.

With that said, I don't have a problem with Zimmer due to his body of work. Unfortunately I will remain reserved as many other fans do over the ex-Dallas connection, yet again. However, I also realize that Ross has pegged Ireland for better or worse and if your going to follow this organization for the foreseeable future, your going to have to stomach Ireland. If that's the case, then you need to get people in here that can work with him and if the guy feels more comfortable hiring ex-Dallas employee's then that's his choice to make.

We have a better chance of success right now if people can work together for whatever the reason may be rather than have conflicting opinions ruin chemistry and/or bring about tension and stress which can rip us apart and keep us in this death spiral.

So if Zimmer is the man then so be it. I just hope he understands who he will be working for and that he wears a kevlar vest with an emphasis on his back because Ireland will be roaming around one day with that knife.

No, Parcells page has produced those losing seasons. And Sparano was a bad coach. This is new. Not a coincidence that Miami's best draft in recent years was last years once Parcells wasn't in the picture

Not sure the draft was so awesome. The only sure thing is Pouncy. How is that so different than any other draft we had. Thomas who knows 3.5 a carry is not good, Gates raw who knows not much impact, Clay looks promising but far from a sure thing, Wilson good special teams player. Parcells had drafts where they produced one stud player. I love how people give Ireland a pass for his three years prior like he had no say at all. Irleland was part of the group all this time and helped bring that bad coach back with an extension

The question is, how did his defense do against the afc east?

Sparano is the OC for the Jets
Fitzpatrick is still the QB for the Bills
NOT WORRIED!

Pats...we could have Lombardi as our coach and it wouldn't matter, they will torch us regardless

Sparano is the OC for the Jets
Fitzpatrick is still the QB for the Bills
NOT WORRIED!

Pats...we could have Lombardi as our coach and it wouldn't matter, they will torch us regardless

They didn't exactly torch Miami in their last meeting. Miami is the only team to hold New England to less than 30 points in their past 8 games, and no team has played them closer than Miami did since the Giants beat them in the regular season.

Miami's issue right now with New England is that when NE adjusts, we don't adjust with them. I think a combo of Mike Zimmer and Todd Bowles would solve that. Mike Nolan historically is horrible when it comes to making adjustments. Plus, this defense needs some teeth. We need another pass rusher and a ball hawk in the secondary.

Although Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin could be available to be hired by the Dolphins fairly soon, there’s increasing chatter in league circles that the Dolphins are presently leaning toward Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer.
zimmer would be a great hire. im all in but im not going to excited about this report because of what i put in bold.

im immune to rumors at this point.

I'm sorry I don't see Zimmer as being so much better than the other possibilities out there. I don't think he's a horrible coordinator but I cannot be persuaded to believe he is the best choice out there.

Back
Top Bottom