Zim’s Grades For The Game: Game 16 Edititon | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Game 16 Edititon

This was pathetic throughout the organization today. I’ve never seen a team need a win so bad play worse than the Dolphins did today. This is on coaching and players. My disappointment is complete. On to the grades:

QB - F : Well.... I keep saying I haven’t seen any improvement in Tua from week to week. I’m now seeing regression. 3 picks is pathetic. The receivers and the play calling didn’t help. I’ll give my season ending thoughts in a final grade post.....But Tua should be the starter next year. You have to give him time. Period.

RB’s - C - : Gaskin played decent today. The OL didn’t give him much help but he ran hard and actually caught the ball unlike our receivers.

WR’s - F : Drops all over the place. No separation at all anywhere. Even if they got away from their man, Tua wouldn’t hit them anyway. At least Parker made some plays. Draft pick 1A needs to be a receiver. Period.

TE’s - D : A few nice catches by The TE’s. Not much other than that.

OL - F : Terrible again. We are gonna need upgrades here in the off-season as well. Karras can retire as far as I’m concerned. I think his communication is terrible. We’re gonna use a 2nd rounder on the OL again.

DL - F : No real pressure. Tackling was horrid. They picked a great game to play like ****. Not one play made that made any type of difference.

LB’s - D - : Van Ginkel prevents the F here. Other than that..... Nothing.

DB’s - F - : What are we paying these guys? Interceptions by X and Jones doesn’t prevent the F here. Buffalo receivers we’re running like crazy all over the field uncovered. We need a safety in the draft.

ST’s - F : A punt return for a TD by Buffalo sealed the deal here. Haack with terrible punts didn’t help. Sanders was good today.

Coaching and Front Office - F : Gailey calls plays way too conservative with Tua. Consistently. He is not the OC that this team needs. Period. I hope he retires in the off season. In a game you have to have, we can’t come out with first down runs and passes into the flat until the 3rd quarter. I realize you can’t make chicken salad from chicken ****, but his play calling was terrible all year long with Tua. As for defense, the Amoeba Defense confuses the **** out of everyone. But we stopped playing it. Terrible idea. Again, we needed this game and we didn’t play well in any phase. That’s on Flores. As for our GM.... Grier needs to draft a receiver with pick 1A after a trade down. Parsons would be a luxury we can’t afford.

Playoffs? I honestly don’t think we’re a legitimate playoff team. I hope we don’t make it at this point. We have a few too many holes right now.
How many times was Tua sacked? Ahmed...almost 5 ypc.

They were less than average, but far from a failure.

This was pathetic throughout the organization today. I’ve never seen a team need a win so bad play worse than the Dolphins did today. This is on coaching and players. My disappointment is complete. On to the grades:

QB - F : Well.... I keep saying I haven’t seen any improvement in Tua from week to week. I’m now seeing regression. 3 picks is pathetic. The receivers and the play calling didn’t help. I’ll give my season ending thoughts in a final grade post.....But Tua should be the starter next year. You have to give him time. Period.

RB’s - C - : Gaskin played decent today. The OL didn’t give him much help but he ran hard and actually caught the ball unlike our receivers.

WR’s - F : Drops all over the place. No separation at all anywhere. Even if they got away from their man, Tua wouldn’t hit them anyway. At least Parker made some plays. Draft pick 1A needs to be a receiver. Period.

TE’s - D : A few nice catches by The TE’s. Not much other than that.

OL - F : Terrible again. We are gonna need upgrades here in the off-season as well. Karras can retire as far as I’m concerned. I think his communication is terrible. We’re gonna use a 2nd rounder on the OL again.

DL - F : No real pressure. Tackling was horrid. They picked a great game to play like ****. Not one play made that made any type of difference.

LB’s - D - : Van Ginkel prevents the F here. Other than that..... Nothing.

DB’s - F - : What are we paying these guys? Interceptions by X and Jones doesn’t prevent the F here. Buffalo receivers we’re running like crazy all over the field uncovered. We need a safety in the draft.

ST’s - F : A punt return for a TD by Buffalo sealed the deal here. Haack with terrible punts didn’t help. Sanders was good today.

Coaching and Front Office - F : Gailey calls plays way too conservative with Tua. Consistently. He is not the OC that this team needs. Period. I hope he retires in the off season. In a game you have to have, we can’t come out with first down runs and passes into the flat until the 3rd quarter. I realize you can’t make chicken salad from chicken ****, but his play calling was terrible all year long with Tua. As for defense, the Amoeba Defense confuses the **** out of everyone. But we stopped playing it. Terrible idea. Again, we needed this game and we didn’t play well in any phase. That’s on Flores. As for our GM.... Grier needs to draft a receiver with pick 1A after a trade down. Parsons would be a luxury we can’t afford.

Playoffs? I honestly don’t think we’re a legitimate playoff team. I hope we don’t make it at this point. We have a few too many holes right now.
it’s possible Penei Sewell will be available when we pick with our first pick Which would also be an interesting idea.

How many times was Tua sacked? Ahmed...almost 5 ypc.

They were less than average, but far from a failure.
This is where looking at the box score goes wrong.

Ahmed had 6 carries for 29 yards and a long of 16. That means he had 5 carries for 13 yards which is 2.7 yards per carry which is not very good.

This is where looking at the box score goes wrong.

Ahmed had 6 carries for 29 yards and a long of 16. That means he had 5 carries for 13 yards which is 2.7 yards per carry which is not very good.
He had a 16 yard run... which is probably the length of Tua s longest completion.

To be fair the 3rd pick was the only one that was 100% Tua’s fault. The first one was on Parker. He tripped over his own feet on a slant after the ball was in the air and Norman was standing there for the pick 6. The second one was a bad throw, but (Ford?) could have made a better play on the ball. It was catchable, but either ways batting it up into the air was probably the worst idea. When a team drops 56 points on you 1 INT or 5 INTs have about the same impact on the game.
Oh lol I was about the say the 3rd pick was actually Tannehill’s fault as in the #3 overall pick.

Tua spent an entire offseason rehabbing not training.. Give him a Regular offseason and strength program and then evaluate.. Poor Kid came off a Devastating injury that would have taken a veteran time to come back from.. He stayed Healthy now get him some weapons to see what u have..

To be fair the 3rd pick was the only one that was 100% Tua’s fault. The first one was on Parker. He tripped over his own feet on a slant after the ball was in the air and Norman was standing there for the pick 6. The second one was a bad throw, but (Ford?) could have made a better play on the ball. It was catchable, but either ways batting it up into the air was probably the worst idea. When a team drops 56 points on you 1 INT or 5 INTs have about the same impact on the game.
That was Bowden who is like 5'10 and the ball was behind him and sailed way over his head. It was impossible for him to get that, especially in full stride with a defender on his back.

Tua spent an entire offseason rehabbing not training.. Give him a Regular offseason and strength program and then evaluate.. Poor Kid came off a Devastating injury that would have taken a veteran time to come back from.. He stayed Healthy now get him some weapons to see what u have..
Ya know, you just made a great point about how he spent the entire offseason focusing on his Hip. Maybe we shouldn't give up on Tua just yet.

Ya know, you just made a great point about how he spent the entire offseason focusing on his Hip. Maybe we shouldn't give up on Tua just yet.
He rehabbed is butt off just to be able to play football again.

i've said this like 5 times already today.

give him the full offseason in the weight room and our training program and see the difference.

just being another year out from the injury will benefit him.

Don't forget the Bills punt that put the ball inside the 1 yard line leading to the Dolphins punting and giving the Bills the ball on the 50 which started their offensive explosion.

Don't forget the Bills punt that put the ball inside the 1 yard line leading to the Dolphins punting and giving the Bills the ball on the 50 which started their offensive explosion.
that was a safety waiting to happen.

what a crappy bounce.

That was Bowden who is like 5'10 and the ball was behind him and sailed way over his head. It was impossible for him to get that, especially in full stride with a defender on his back.
The throw was bad, but it was not un-catchable. It did not sail way over his head; he literally got his hands up late and knocked it up into the air resulting in an easy pick. I’m not asking Bowden to catch that ball, I’m just saying on a bad throw it’s better to just knock the ball down if you can get your hands on it.

Back
Top Bottom