Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 15 Edition | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 15 Edition

DZimmer000

BJJ Black Belt
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
The “Fake Gucci Bag” Dolphins showed the even faker Gucci bag Cowboys how it’s done yesterday. It really was a hard fought game on offense and defense. But while the offense and defense were slugging it out…The Special teams unit was busy winning the game. On to the grades:

QB — B + : 24 of 37 for 293 and a TD is a good day overall. The crazy thing is Tua was off for most of the game…..Until the last drive. He came through when it counted. A solid B + here.

RB’s — B + : An absolutely average day for this unit. 91 Yards total by all 3 backs. BUT…Jeff Wilson raised this grade just from the final drive alone. Getting needed yards in the final drive the way Wilson did was awesome.

WR’s — A : Hill, playing on a bad ankle, had 9 catches for 99 yards. Great effort. Waddle had 1 huge catch for 50 yards and let’s hope his shin is good next week. Chosen and Ced Wilson also contributed. Great effort by this group.

TE’s — B + : Smythe played his best game of the season yesterday. 5 catches for 56 yards and an 11.1 yard average was clutch. Again…The blocking on the final drive was great.

OL — B : The OL gave up some pressures yesterday but only 1 sack and Parsons only had a half of that. They gave Tua enough time to throw especially in crucial situations.

DL — A : Only 97 yards rushing allowed all day. Sieler with a sack and pressure all day. Wilkins with another great towel theft. This was an A effort.

LB’s — A : Van Ginko gets the A here by himself. What a game by him. Now I get to mention Chubb who has been amazing the past few weeks. 1.5 sacks. Great game. Riley and Long also played well.

DB’s — B + : What was a really bad start turned out OK in the end. Obviously, Kohou can’t handle Lamb, as we all witnessed in the first quarter. Bu some adjustments and matching Lamb up with Ramsey turned that disaster around. Brandon Jones with 7 Solos was nice to see. A good but not great day by this group.

ST’s — A + : Redemption day for Jason Sanders. 5 for 5 with a long of 57. 3 kicks over 50. Awesome day when we needed it most. Bailey had 2 punts and AVERAGED 55.5 yards. Good returns by Berrios. Best day of the year by these guys.

Coaching — A : To me, what makes a coaching staff great are the following things: 1) Having your team ready to play. Check. 2) Having a good game plan on both sides of the ball. Check. 3) Making adjustments on the fly as needed. Check. Both McDaniel and Fangio made great in-game adjustments yesterday. Solid A here.

Conclusion : We are now set up for an “All The Marbles” game with Baltimore. We need our injured guys active. Our coaches need to come up with a great plan and all our guys need to bring their “A” game. It’s Time to show the league what we’re made of.

Coaching A?
I don't think there was a worse offensive playcalling performance than McGenius. Between the idiotic simpleton outside runs that went nowhere to stalling in redzone and turning the ball over, he gets the donkey of the week award.
Made me long for that OC we had from Georgia Tech a couple of years ago who could design plays for redzone.

Coaching A?
I don't think there was a worse offensive playcalling performance than McGenius. Between the idiotic simpleton outside runs that went nowhere to stalling in redzone and turning the ball over, he gets the donkey of the week award.
Made me long for that OC we had from Georgia Tech a couple of years ago who could design plays for redzone.
Seems like all your posts since the game have been intentional troll posts.

It’s either that or you just have some of the stupidest points of view I’ve ever heard.

Seems like all your posts since the game have been intentional troll posts.

It’s either that or you just have some of the stupidest points of view I’ve ever heard.
I dunno man...McD was frustrating to me also, and I'm a big fan. Its partly mitigated by the fact we only had 1 starter on the OL so he had to work around stuff, but some of those decisions were terrible, and not what I was expecting.

I didn't like the decision to go on 4th and Goal at the 5, but I don't think the play call was THAT bad...Tua was a hair late throwing the ball. Had he been on schedule there, probably a TD.

2:13 left in the half, 1st and 10, they should've ran the ball. The defense was fully committed to stopping the pass, and there was a nice chunk to be had. Got an incompletion instead (and no I'm not complaining after-the-fact, I was begging them to run it before the play).

He certainly came through aces on that last drive though. That was gorgeous.

I dunno man...McD was frustrating to me also, and I'm a big fan. Its partly mitigated by the fact we only had 1 starter on the OL so he had to work around stuff, but some of those decisions were terrible, and not what I was expecting.

I didn't like the decision to go on 4th and Goal at the 5, but I don't think the play call was THAT bad...Tua was a hair late throwing the ball. Had he been on schedule there, probably a TD.

2:13 left in the half, 1st and 10, they should've ran the ball. The defense was fully committed to stopping the pass, and there was a nice chunk to be had. Got an incompletion instead (and no I'm not complaining after-the-fact, I was begging them to run it before the play).

He certainly came through aces on that last drive though. That was gorgeous.
I actually understood going for it. Personally, I would’ve taken the points, but the Cowboys at the time were looking great on offense. If you turn it over on downs you force the Cowboys to have to drive the full field. It was the play call that I was disgusted by.

i dunno, it seems like some people aren't happy with a win unless the win was achieved the way they wanted it. if we didn't kick 5 field goals and went for some of those 4th downs would we have got it? maybe, maybe not, there was another team out there trying to stop everything we tried to do. we got more points, that's all that matters

Coaching A?
Hey, did you ever stop to think that just maybe those outside runs you are so disgusted over may have set up our success in the final drive up the middle? This is the level of coaching we are getting across-the-board.

Coaching A?
You deserve Robert Saleh as your head coach. Go root for the Jets, troll. McDaniel is going to coach this team for decades so you may as well leave NOW, troll.

You deserve Robert Saleh as your head coach. Go root for the Jets, troll. McDaniel is going to coach this team for decades so you may as well leave NOW, troll.

5 field goal McGenius, 16 of teams 22 points.

kVHnMyw.gif

5 field goal McGenius, 16 of teams 22 points.

kVHnMyw.gif
11-4 McTroll. 11-4 McTroll. Last time the Dolphins were relevant as a potential top seed you weren't even conceived.

We also have the number 1 overall offense with two WR's above 1000 yards, top yardage QB in the NFL and top running team in the NFL.

Good try LargoTroll, now go back to rubbing the bald doll of Robert Saleh you have in your parents basement.

Our red zone offense was #1 in the NFL but has fallen to 27th over the last few weeks as defenses have adjusted. McDaniel has to recognize this and design some plays that are more effective than outside zone runs and fades.
They should put a mic on Wilkins that would be comedy gold.
Dude steals towels, makes contact with O lineman even when play is blown dead, so funny to watch.
Great job on the grades Zim, Thank You.

Coaching A?
Sorry Eeyore but a win against any division leading, 10-4 team with a top D is an A. Fact is McD ran the ball when it mattered, and sealed the game. Some of you are suffering from a terminal case of beaten dog syndrome.

Back
Top Bottom