Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 15 Edition | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 15 Edition

I would have taken the points on the 4th down try but you could see the play was supposed to go to Reek, they just had him doubled. Tua ran out of time and didn't see Berrios in the middle wide open. I seriously don't think that's a good reason to savage McD though.
Yes. Yes. Yes. Holy Sh*t, is there a better emoji than this weird hearts for eyes one? Can we like a post multiple times? (we can't). Great post. It was a decent play call. Yes I would have kicked, but you can see it both ways.

Also the crucial 3rd and 3 WR/bubble screen to Hill on the last drive, for example, was a well designed, well practiced, good play call, that succeeded. It took decent blocks from Smythe and Cotton in particular, but any play needs to be executed. If one of them missed their block, and the play failed - Some posters would have "savaged", to use your term, Mcd. Especially if Sanders missed the ensuing 50+ FG, or the 'boys made it into FG range in the ensuing 2 minutes.

5 field goal McGenius, 16 of teams 22 points.

kVHnMyw.gif
Was it enough to win? Isn’t it about winning. So please tell us who you’d like to call plays and coach. Mcdaniels is best coach we’ve had since Shula. He’s best play designer we’ve ever had. Name one Fins team that’s had a more complete offense then we have now.

. Mcdaniels is best coach we’ve had since Shula. He’s best play designer we’ve ever had. Name one Fins team that’s had a more complete offense then we have now.

He is the best, and Tua is the best since Montana, and our receveirs are the best ever, everything is the bestest ever in the history of ever. How come we scored only 22 and 16 were kicks at home if everything is the bestest and unbelievable?

He is the best, and Tua is the best since Montana, and our receveirs are the best ever, everything is the bestest ever in the history of ever. How come we scored only 22 and 16 were kicks at home if everything is the bestest and unbelievable?
You act like the other team isn't on the field. They have a defense you know.

"16 of the 22 points came on kicks"......I love how trolls consider extra point kicks as a reason to troll on the offense.

I'll go this far. 1Q game calling made me uncomfortable. After that initial settling in, I thought Mcd dis quite well. He exorcised many of those 'typical' calls
I think we all question the play calls at times....that isn't unreasonable. But overall, he does a very good job and your point about after Q1 is spot on....

The Ravens ran a play last night that has been missing from NFL play books for 30+ years. I've mentioned it here several times. As soon as Lamar Jackson began that play my eyes popped wide open because I knew what was coming, and darn well that the receiver would be wide open for a touchdown.

It was a wrinkle on the old Steve DeBerg play. My gosh that looked so unfair. It was during the Christian Okoye heyday. DeBerg was a master of ball handling and play fakes. When the Chiefs would get down near the goal line, DeBerg would spin counterclockwise from under center and quickly fake a pitch sweep to his right. But instead of pitching the ball he would plant his foot and pivot to face the middle of the end zone. Invariably the defense had overcommitted toward the pitch, leaving the intended receiver wide open.

I assumed that play would never leave the NFL. And there's no reason it disappeared. It was just like DeBerg except a shotgun version. Jackson quickly faked a pitch right to an offset halfback. They might as well have put the 6 points on the board right there.

I mention this because the Dolphins should be doing that, especially given Tua's lefty advantage on those fast pivot darts over the middle.

Did we win? Are there style pts in NFL? How about you answer my first question to show everyone how smart you are…….

How you've gotten away with trolling the site for over five years is beyond comprehension. There is no way anyone not a troll would long for Chan Gailey.
he wishes that guy from Georgia tech was our coach

That’s ban worthy or we should feel sorry for him

come on man this post lacks so much context, and the level of the opponent we were facing which was a top 5 D

Drags the forum down to simpleton illogical opinions that only clog up the boards and frustrate the people who care. And are smart enough

I dunno man...McD was frustrating to me also, and I'm a big fan. Its partly mitigated by the fact we only had 1 starter on the OL so he had to work around stuff, but some of those decisions were terrible, and not what I was expecting.

I didn't like the decision to go on 4th and Goal at the 5, but I don't think the play call was THAT bad...Tua was a hair late throwing the ball. Had he been on schedule there, probably a TD.

2:13 left in the half, 1st and 10, they should've ran the ball. The defense was fully committed to stopping the pass, and there was a nice chunk to be had. Got an incompletion instead (and no I'm not complaining after-the-fact, I was begging them to run it before the play).

He certainly came through aces on that last drive though. That was gorgeous.
Just saying…that 4th and goal had an egregious hold on Hill- same level they called on us that they called on the cowboys

McDaniel made some very questionable play calls and if he had called the game like he called the last drive it would never have come down to a last second fg

It's like he coached a good game but he left things out there and I felt the same about tua but they came through and it's all that matters. Get over that hump somehow it's almost better to struggle a bit

Next week can't come soon enough
He did leave a lot on the field but they still came away with the “W”. That just means when they do clean it up, the fins will blow whoever they play out of the water… or win a hard fought Super Bowl.

Back
Top Bottom