Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 15 Edition | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 15 Edition

A number of those FGs were the result of having a 1st and ten at the 37 (fabricated number), and TT throwing 2 incompletes or throws behind the LOS. Were those on Mcd, TT, or receivers not getting open? I have no idea.

I understand. You want mistakes eliminated. Don't you think we all do? Not sure that's a good reason to pi$$ all over Coach, which is exactly the perception that some appear to present.
I'm also guilty of blaming McDaniel for many things, but when you actually think about it, we fans don't really know who is to blame when a play goes bad. If a lineman whiffs on a block and Tua gets sacked, then it's easy to place the blame. When Tua throws a bad interception, was it his fault, or did the WR run the wrong route? My big pet peeve is when Tua throws the ball behind the line of scrimmage when there are several defenders ready to tackle the receiver for a loss of yards. Did Tua not see the defenders? If Tua saw the defenders and knew that it was a busted play, why didn't he go somewhere else with the ball or run it himself? Did McDaniel say to run that play no matter what?

IMO, that's a terrible play that usually loses yards, especially against a good defense. It's one thing if after the snap, those defenders back off in coverage, then the receiver might gain a few yards. But when the defenders see Tua getting ready to throw and converge on the receiver, it's an automatic loss of yards. I don't know why McDaniel likes this play so much!

I'm also guilty of blaming McDaniel for many things, but when you actually think about it, we fans don't really know who is to blame when a play goes bad. If a lineman whiffs on a block and Tua gets sacked, then it's easy to place the blame. When Tua throws a bad interception, was it his fault, or did the WR run the wrong route? My big pet peeve is when Tua throws the ball behind the line of scrimmage when there are several defenders ready to tackle the receiver for a loss of yards. Did Tua not see the defenders? If Tua saw the defenders and knew that it was a busted play, why didn't he go somewhere else with the ball or run it himself? Did McDaniel say to run that play no matter what?

IMO, that's a terrible play that usually loses yards, especially against a good defense. It's one thing if after the snap, those defenders back off in coverage, then the receiver might gain a few yards. But when the defenders see Tua getting ready to throw and converge on the receiver, it's an automatic loss of yards. I don't know why McDaniel likes this play so much!

I agree, but 3rd and goal at the 4, call a pass play, and no tall receivers? Getting plays in late? No use of hurry up? Fans know who's fault that is. As a reminder for those who think I'm too negative, I've already stated Mcd has improved greatly in number of those complaints in the last 4-5 games.

I agree, but 3rd and goal at the 4, call a pass play, and no tall receivers? Getting plays in late? No use of hurry up? Fans know who's fault that is. As a reminder for those who think I'm too negative, I've already stated Mcd has improved greatly in number of those complaints in the last 4-5 games.
Oh, I agree. I was just saying that it's possible I blame McDaniel for things that might not be his fault. However, I still believe that while sometimes he's a genius, at other times he is an idiot. Personally, I think that he should have someone with a lot more experience calling the plays.

Back
Top Bottom