Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 15 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 15 Edition

Our red zone offense was #1 in the NFL but has fallen to 27th over the last few weeks as defenses have adjusted. McDaniel has to recognize this and design some plays that are more effective than outside zone runs and fades.
They should put a mic on Wilkins that would be comedy gold.
Dude steals towels, makes contact with O lineman even when play is blown dead, so funny to watch.
Great job on the grades Zim, Thank You.
So having 3-4 starters out on the oline has no bearing at all?

i dunno, it seems like some people aren't happy with a win unless the win was achieved the way they wanted it. if we didn't kick 5 field goals and went for some of those 4th downs would we have got it? maybe, maybe not, there was another team out there trying to stop everything we tried to do. we got more points, that's all that matters
There are some very negative, mentally dysfunctional posters here who are incapable of finding joy in anything, even the biggest win of the season. They need less posting and more therapy

Coaching A?
I don't think there was a worse offensive playcalling performance than McGenius. Between the idiotic simpleton outside runs that went nowhere to stalling in redzone and turning the ball over, he gets the donkey of the week award.
Made me long for that OC we had from Georgia Tech a couple of years ago who could design plays for redzone.
was that the year our offense never made it to the red zone?

I would have taken the points on the 4th down try but you could see the play was supposed to go to Reek, they just had him doubled. Tua ran out of time and didn't see Berrios in the middle wide open. I seriously don't think that's a good reason to savage McD though.

i dunno, it seems like some people aren't happy with a win unless the win was achieved the way they wanted it. if we didn't kick 5 field goals and went for some of those 4th downs would we have got it? maybe, maybe not, there was another team out there trying to stop everything we tried to do. we got more points, that's all that matters
It was a close game, but to your point I think Miami outplayed Dallas. The final drive was championship caliber and so impressive.

McDaniel made some very questionable play calls and if he had called the game like he called the last drive it would never have come down to a last second fg

It's like he coached a good game but he left things out there and I felt the same about tua but they came through and it's all that matters. Get over that hump somehow it's almost better to struggle a bit

Next week can't come soon enough

Coaching A?
I don't think there was a worse offensive playcalling performance than McGenius. Between the idiotic simpleton outside runs that went nowhere to stalling in redzone and turning the ball over, he gets the donkey of the week award.
Made me long for that OC we had from Georgia Tech a couple of years ago who could design plays for redzone.
How you've gotten away with trolling the site for over five years is beyond comprehension. There is no way anyone not a troll would long for Chan Gailey.

Our red zone offense was #1 in the NFL but has fallen to 27th over the last few weeks as defenses have adjusted. McDaniel has to recognize this and design some plays that are more effective than outside zone runs and fades.
They should put a mic on Wilkins that would be comedy gold.
Dude steals towels, makes contact with O lineman even when play is blown dead, so funny to watch.
Great job on the grades Zim, Thank You.
Good point. It looks like they've gone more heavy run in the red zone.

Miami really needs a bigger target for the redzone. Those fades to Hill have to be perfect. You get away with more with a bigger receiver there.

Maybe the tight ends will be involved more.

Good point. It looks like they've gone more heavy run in the red zone.

Miami really needs a bigger target for the redzone. Those fades to Hill have to be perfect. You get away with more with a bigger receiver there.

Maybe the tight ends will be involved more.
Absolutely get the TE involved in the red zone and use them off a play action. McDaniel is a master at using motion to create mismatches using motion, why not motion Tyreek or fake Mostert running left and then having someone leak out right once and a while? Roll Tua out and give him options... there are a lot of things that can be done to help create space to get the ball into the end zone which we have not been doing and it can be done even with missing O line starters. It seems like for all of the creativity we have in the middle of the field we don't have any in the red zone.

Absolutely get the TE involved in the red zone and use them off a play action. McDaniel is a master at using motion to create mismatches using motion, why not motion Tyreek or fake Mostert running left and then having someone leak out right once and a while? Roll Tua out and give him options... there are a lot of things that can be done to help create space to get the ball into the end zone which we have not been doing and it can be done even with missing O line starters. It seems like for all of the creativity we have in the middle of the field we don't have any in the red zone.
Smythe was more involved yesterday, which is a positive sign. The tight ends should be able to feast from here on out.

Coaching A?

I'll go this far. 1Q game calling made me uncomfortable. After that initial settling in, I thought Mcd dis quite well. He exorcised many of those 'typical' calls

I'll go this far. 1Q game calling made me uncomfortable. After that initial settling in, I thought Mcd dis quite well. He exorcised many of those 'typical' calls

He failed to put TD drives together all game and fkd up by turning the ball over in redzone. Yes, eventually, in the end we had the winning scoring drive thanks to historic kicking performance and defense keeping us in the game. So many thing could've gone wrong on that last drive, a holding penalty, and if we lose, and it is an absolute F, a failure of playcalling throughout the game. And it would not be an F based on last drive but the totality of his imprint on the game.

He failed to put TD drives together all game and fkd up by turning the ball over in redzone. Yes, eventually, in the end we had the winning scoring drive thanks to historic kicking performance and defense keeping us in the game. So many thing could've gone wrong on that last drive, a holding penalty, and if we lose, and it is an absolute F, a failure of playcalling throughout the game. And it would not be an F based on last drive but the totality of his imprint on the game.

A number of those FGs were the result of having a 1st and ten at the 37 (fabricated number), and TT throwing 2 incompletes or throws behind the LOS. Were those on Mcd, TT, or receivers not getting open? I have no idea.

Back
Top Bottom