Zim’s Grades Week 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades Week 4

DZimmer000

BJJ Black Belt
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
This was a winnable game. Very winnable. But we found a way to sink to 1-3. Here comes the grades:

QB - F: Fitz was lucky to not have thrown 6 interceptions today. The 2 he did throw were costly. He has to be better than that. The calls for Tua to start are going to get a lot louder.

RB’s - C -: Not a horrible day for these guys. Brieda looked good on limited carries. Gaskin played well today. They could have used some better blocking. So they get an average grade.

OL - C -: Another C- here. They gave up a few pressures. But overall they were passable. The run blocking was OK. I love Kindley. That guy was a find.

TE’s - C: Decent game by Gesicki when his number was called. Smythe was decent. The blocking from this group needs to improve.

WR’s - C: If it wasn’t for Parker this would be a D. Fitz wasn’t great today...So it hurts their Grade. A few costly drops and not a ton of separation. This grade is because of Parker.

DL - F -: This unit is PUTRID. They can’t rush the passer. They can’t stop the run. Horrible day for this group. Although, there were sightings of Lawson and Ogbah for like 2 seconds. This group SUCKS.

LB’s- D -: I guess it’s hard to find the ball when the opposing OL doesn’t have to block your DL because they’re so bad. But did any of these guys do anything today? This is not a good unit.

DB’s - F: Is there anyone out there that thinks Igbanana was a good first round pick? Anyone? He looks lost. I know it’s only 4 games into his career.....but he sucks right now. Terrible game from him. X had a pick but was average at best. The safety play is below average as well. I gotta ask.... What the hell did Grier spend all that money on? We’re actually way worse than last year.

ST’s- B +: Great Game from Sanders. Haak held great on all the ****ing field goals. Coverage had a small breakdown.

Coaching and Front Office- F: why on 3rd and 3 in the red zone would you go empty backfield? Why? At least give the impression of the possibility of a run. We need to start blitzing like crazy. We are getting zero pressure on the opposing QB. I still see no sign of any great strategy going into game. As for Grier...Nice 1st round pick of Igbanana. He’s terrible. What did you spend all the money on? Surely not our defense.

5 wins maybe 6 this year. I don’t think we get any more than that.

Igbinoghene may improve, he may not. He was extremely raw and a project yet we picked him in the first round??? Man film for him next week is going to be BRUTAL! Well maybe, I’m not too sure Flores and co know what they’re looking at on film. Either they can’t see and understand how teams are beating them consistently, can’t coach players up, or can’t design ways to stop it. Regardless, the coaching staff, both offensively and defensively gets the lions share of the blame. the game plan wire to wire was just awful.

Igbinoghene may improve, he may not. He was extremely raw and a project yet we picked him in the first round??? Man film for him next week is going to be BRUTAL! Well maybe, I’m not too sure Flores and co know what they’re looking at on film. Either they can’t see and understand how teams are beating them consistently, can’t coach players up, or can’t design ways to stop it. Regardless, the coaching staff, both offensively and defensively gets the lions share of the blame. the game plan wire to wire was just awful.
Iggy's problem has been blown assignments not his coverage. When he's been in coverage he's been pretty good, especially against Jacksonville. But he, just blows, too many assignments. If he corrects that issue, he'll be fine.

Iggy's problem has been blown assignments not his coverage. When he's been in coverage he's been pretty good, especially against Jacksonville. But he, just blows, too many assignments. If he corrects that issue, he'll be fine.

I disagree. He did fine against inferior opponents but got lit up in both coverage and assignments against better competition. That’s all we’ll and good For a mid round pick but for a first rounder, the kid has to have more awareness than he showed thus far. There are tons of guys with lots of athletic talent but low football IQ selling cars and insurance right now. I just wonder if Igbinoghene isn’t destined to be one of them.

I disagree. He did fine against inferior opponents but got lit up in both coverage and assignments against better competition. That’s all we’ll and good For a mid round pick but for a first rounder, the kid has to have more awareness than he showed thus far. There are tons of guys with lots of athletic talent but low football IQ selling cars and insurance right now. I just wonder if Igbinoghene isn’t destined to be one of them.
The kid is 20 years old. A lot of players his age are redshirt freshman or sophomores. No OTAs or preseason games. Way too early to give up on him.

Reaction: the sample size is large enough to now conclude Flores is bottom tier HC... While Tua is so good he may save his job for a couple years... We won't win anything until we get a good HC...and GM in Miami
:lol: He is in the early goings of a full rebuild being done mostly through the draft in which the roster has been turned over more often than flapjacks at a truck stop.

The kid is 20 years old. A lot of players his age are redshirt freshman or sophomores. No OTAs or preseason games. Way too early to give up on him.

definitely not giving up on him, and I realize he’s being played more than they wanted to due to injuries. I’m just not making excuses for him. He’s played one decent game and 3 stinkers. That needs to improve, I just don’t have faith that Flores can coach anyone up at this point. So maybe the next guy?

This was a winnable game. Very winnable. But we found a way to sink to 1-3. Here comes the grades:

QB - F: Fitz was lucky to not have thrown 6 interceptions today. The 2 he did throw were costly. He has to be better than that. The calls for Tua to start are going to get a lot louder.

RB’s - C -: Not a horrible day for these guys. Brieda looked good on limited carries. Gaskin played well today. They could have used some better blocking. So they get an average grade.

OL - C -: Another C- here. They gave up a few pressures. But overall they were passable. The run blocking was OK. I love Kindley. That guy was a find.

TE’s - C: Decent game by Gesicki when his number was called. Smythe was decent. The blocking from this group needs to improve.

WR’s - C: If it wasn’t for Parker this would be a D. Fitz wasn’t great today...So it hurts their Grade. A few costly drops and not a ton of separation. This grade is because of Parker.

DL - F -: This unit is PUTRID. They can’t rush the passer. They can’t stop the run. Horrible day for this group. Although, there were sightings of Lawson and Ogbah for like 2 seconds. This group SUCKS.

LB’s- D -: I guess it’s hard to find the ball when the opposing OL doesn’t have to block your DL because they’re so bad. But did any of these guys do anything today? This is not a good unit.

DB’s - F: Is there anyone out there that thinks Igbanana was a good first round pick? Anyone? He looks lost. I know it’s only 4 games into his career.....but he sucks right now. Terrible game from him. X had a pick but was average at best. The safety play is below average as well. I gotta ask.... What the hell did Grier spend all that money on? We’re actually way worse than last year.

ST’s- B +: Great Game from Sanders. Haak held great on all the ****ing field goals. Coverage had a small breakdown.

Coaching and Front Office- F: why on 3rd and 3 in the red zone would you go empty backfield? Why? At least give the impression of the possibility of a run. We need to start blitzing like crazy. We are getting zero pressure on the opposing QB. I still see no sign of any great strategy going into game. As for Grier...Nice 1st round pick of Igbanana. He’s terrible. What did you spend all the money on? Surely not our defense.

5 wins maybe 6 this year. I don’t think we get any more than that.
You may want to digest the game a bit before you give a review to prevent emotions from clouding your judgement. Igbinoghene is young, he's going to look bad in games and have flashes of good, like most rookies. I don't blame him for not being an NFL starter quality immediately, but we have 2 of the top 7 cornerbacks in the NFL by pay and we haven't really shown any semblance of a lock down secondary. I bet with McCain and Rowe added, we have top 2-3 secondaries by salary. The coaching schemes for the secondary and their play through 4games are just not anything near being worth that salary.

Back
Top Bottom