Zim’s Grades Week 4 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades Week 4

I thought I was harsh and impatient. Thanks guys for making me feel more rational this morning.

Almost all of them actually; we didn't play badly. We stayed in the game til the very end vs. a far superior team. We were expected to lose this game... and lose it badly, by almost every person on this board... yet, we didn't.

We controlled the clock and Fitz played a gutty game where his receivers were rarely open. We hurried Wilson on occasion and even forced him into a turnover. Compare that to his stats through three games. Lockett had three TDs last week I think...

The reaction here is WILDLY overwrought. The announcers for the game mentioned that we looked like a greatly improving team.
Another fan taking solace in a loss because "we stayed in the game til the very end." Ei yi yi..what in hell could possibly be wrong with that perspective? Its battered spouse syndrome. "We deserve it". "We made them do this". Yeah. Ok.

I’m over Isaiah ford
Good. That's a start. You should be. And Preston Williams, and Gesicki, and Fitzpatrick, and the rest of the bums, except Christian Wilkins and the young OLinemen. Every other player can go away.

Antidisestablishmentarianism. Did you know that's one of the longest words in the English language? It's also really easy to look up. I'll be dropped into the search engine before the Kansas City game; assuming civilization hasn't ended. And this is going to be fun reviewing that thread in retrospect that that point.

I swear, some of you really need to read a book by Doctor Denis Leary.

Did you think this team was going to be ripped down to nothing and rebuilt in ONE YEAR to the point where it would beat three playoff teams in the first four games? Not two or three years...ONE? They lost to the Pats, Bills and Seahawks...and they were in a position to WIN two of those games...but they couldn't pull it off. There's a very specific thing that separates this team from the teams they lost to...and that's talent. That talent will arrive over the next couple years. Until then?

Maybe don't burn this thing to the ground again. MAYBE Flores simply doesn't have the tools he needs yet. Again, If you cannot see the progress this team is making, that's entirely on you.

Now...and I can't believe that this needs to be said, but here goes: The "Maybe some of you have lower standards than I do, I'm tired of losing, and I've been a fan since the Cretacious period" crowd? Get over yourselves...or go see Dr. Denis Leary. Nobody likes losing. It sucks. At one point yesterday, I said to my wife, "there's going to come a point where this team's progress will be stunted under Fitzpatrick...and that point is coming much, much faster than I thought it would." The Fins hung with with a team that very well might represent the NFC in the Super Bowl this year for most of the game....and a handful of mistakes absolutely killed them. A few of those glaring mistakes were on Fitz.

I see it. You see it. Brian Flores sees it. Hell, even FITZ sees it. It's just a point of "when do they pull the trigger?" But even then...the Dolphins are't going to go undefeated the rest of the season. Because they still lack talent. And, mark my words, some of you will turn on Tua after 1 loss.

Is Bobby McCain the long-term answer at FS? No. But he's a good depth piece. Is Myles Gaskin the long-term answer as the starting RB? Probably not. But he's been a pleasant surprise. Do the Fins have an edge-rushing threat that needs to be accounted for at all times? No. A MLB who can alter a game all by himself? No. Those pieces are coming.

This team isn't anywhere near what it's going to be...and this time (as opposed to pretty much every year since Marino left) there appears to be a clear path forward. If you're really going to completely lose your mind because the Dolphins didn't go from quite literally one of the worst teams in the history of the sport to beating three playoff teams in four games after ONE YEAR of the rebuild? Then quite sincerely...and not to be a tool...but maybe take some time off.

Last edited:
This was a winnable game. Very winnable. But we found a way to sink to 1-3. Here comes the grades:

QB - F: Fitz was lucky to not have thrown 6 interceptions today. The 2 he did throw were costly. He has to be better than that. The calls for Tua to start are going to get a lot louder.

RB’s - C -: Not a horrible day for these guys. Brieda looked good on limited carries. Gaskin played well today. They could have used some better blocking. So they get an average grade.

OL - C -: Another C- here. They gave up a few pressures. But overall they were passable. The run blocking was OK. I love Kindley. That guy was a find.

TE’s - C: Decent game by Gesicki when his number was called. Smythe was decent. The blocking from this group needs to improve.

WR’s - C: If it wasn’t for Parker this would be a D. Fitz wasn’t great today...So it hurts their Grade. A few costly drops and not a ton of separation. This grade is because of Parker.

DL - F -: This unit is PUTRID. They can’t rush the passer. They can’t stop the run. Horrible day for this group. Although, there were sightings of Lawson and Ogbah for like 2 seconds. This group SUCKS.

LB’s- D -: I guess it’s hard to find the ball when the opposing OL doesn’t have to block your DL because they’re so bad. But did any of these guys do anything today? This is not a good unit.

DB’s - F: Is there anyone out there that thinks Igbanana was a good first round pick? Anyone? He looks lost. I know it’s only 4 games into his career.....but he sucks right now. Terrible game from him. X had a pick but was average at best. The safety play is below average as well. I gotta ask.... What the hell did Grier spend all that money on? We’re actually way worse than last year.

ST’s- B +: Great Game from Sanders. Haak held great on all the ****ing field goals. Coverage had a small breakdown.

Coaching and Front Office- F: why on 3rd and 3 in the red zone would you go empty backfield? Why? At least give the impression of the possibility of a run. We need to start blitzing like crazy. We are getting zero pressure on the opposing QB. I still see no sign of any great strategy going into game. As for Grier...Nice 1st round pick of Igbanana. He’s terrible. What did you spend all the money on? Surely not our defense.

5 wins maybe 6 this year. I don’t think we get any more than that.
Hard to believe we had a chance to tie the game at the end. A review like this could have been about the Ravins game last year. I don't totally disagree but that was brutal.

Reaction: the sample size is large enough to now conclude Flores is bottom tier HC... While Tua is so good he may save his job for a couple years... We won't win anything until we get a good HC...and GM in Miami
Waa, Waaa waaa. We get your point already. Gase will be available soon as will Obrien. Notice there are 32 teams and only 20 GOOD Hc's, QB's etc, see the pattern. Flores is better than we have had in the last decade including the Fat Tuna.

I disagree with those grades. If those grades were true, we would have been blown out today...here is my opinion.

QB - C- or D+: Reason it's this high is because though he was riding the edge all game threatening to fall on his face, he still did enough to continually help drive them in position to score when he was not turning over the ball.

RB’s - C -: I agree with this score, the RBs other then Gaskin were worthless...take away Gaskin's stats, and this is an F.

OL - B- : Though not great, they morw then not gave Fitz enough time to work back there, but their run blocking needs serious work.

TE’s - B- : Gesicki made a few plays while being double covered all to most of the game, and Smythe also made some unexpected plays.

WR’s - B : Parker was a warrior, made continued plays, Ford helped with some key 1st downs, and Grant was very active this game...Williams needs to start producing, or find himself lower on yhe roster.

DL - D : Ogbah and Lawson had some big plays, and the line did OK, but were inconsistent, they need to do a better job.

LB’s- C- : They did an average job of cleaning up the D-line inconsistencies, but they also need to pick it up, and actually make plays.

DB’s - D : Though X made a huge INT, the missed coverage by Igbinoghene on that before half play makes it a wash. The secondary needs to be way more consistent covering receivers...How are they that open.

ST’s- B +: Great Game from Sanders. Haak held great on all the ****ing field goals. Coverage had a small breakdown.

Coaching- c- : The team did not have the players as prepared as they should have, but in the game, the made some good calls to at least keep it close and within striking distance.

This.is far from a finished product, and until.Tua gets in there, we really don't know what we have, but this team is not horrible, no matter what popular opinion may say.

My question is, if you had predicted these same grades prior to the game would you have thought the final score would be 31-23 against a team most thought would beat us by more then a TD? Just food for thought, we must be a decent team to get these grades and hang with Russel Wilson. Hard to imagine what the score would have been if we averaged a team B.......

DL - F -: This unit is PUTRID. They can’t rush the passer. They can’t stop the run. Horrible day for this group. Although, there were sightings of Lawson and Ogbah for like 2 seconds. This group SUCKS.

This is an overly emotional evaluation of the performance. I agree that the IDL did not have a good game, but Hawks OL has been better this year. You are underestimating the Hawk OL. I am disappointed with Wilkins play the most. F is ludicrous. Finally, Ogbah and Lawson had respectable games. The mention of “sightings“ is a huge exaggeration. Neither player will get recognized as a top player at their position, but I do not get your level of criticism.

Back
Top Bottom