Zim’s Grades Week 4 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades Week 4

What did he do that he played so well? He had a sack? Big deal. How often does he apply pressure? How well has he or anyone else on this defense played this season. This front seven is as bad as any front seven Miami has ever put on the field in a very long time. Combine that with a rookie conerback who is struggling and you have a complete mess.

Interesting opinion.

Enjoy it.

How did Wilkins play? Did anyone notice him at all? I sure didn’t. Waste of a 13th overall pic imo. I’m not drafting a DT that high unless he’s a high sack guy. DTs can be had for peanuts in FA. Goodness that 2019 draft looks ugly

How did Wilkins play? Did anyone notice him at all? I sure didn’t. Waste of a 13th overall pic imo. I’m not drafting a DT that high unless he’s a high sack guy. DTs can be had for peanuts in FA. Goodness that 2019 draft looks ugly

I can't really vouch for Wilkins, but just because you don't see a DT it doesn't mean that they aren't doing their jobs. Sometimes the ones having the best games are the ones most invisible.

I can't really vouch for Wilkins, but just because you don't see a DT it doesn't mean that they aren't doing their jobs. Sometimes the ones having the best games are the ones most invisible.
For a cb or ol I get that but for a DT? I need some pressures or run stuffing.

Thanks for the discussion on Igbinoghene. And I mean that sincerely. By the eye test I feel like he’s really struggling but I forget how young he is also. It’s nice to hear other people’s perception of him.

BTW... Carson only got 80 yards on the ground today. It was a respectable day for sure, but it isn't like he lit us up. Take away his one 18 yard run and his day was pretty pedestrian.

I am not trying to argue that our D-Line was stellar (it wasn't), but it wasn't as bad as some are claiming. Shutting down the run while simultaneously trying to keep Wilson from running free aint easy, and Wilson didn't get free... at all.

2 TDs today were scored again due to blown coverages. One was the long play with 27 sec left in the half (stupid af on the coaching staff for not playing prevent) and the other was the TD on Iggy. On the replay he just stood there I guess assuming he had help then tried to recover but it was to late.
Edit: I know the first wasn’t a TD but it lead to one

How about coaching grade Flores - F Kicking another FG down 5 points with 7 minutes left in the game was idiotic. Just plain stupid and wrong. Did this fool really think they could stop Wilson from scoring again?

How about the GM- Grier- F Drafting a horrible CB in the 1st round instead of Edwards- Helaire or even Taylor or Dobbins was stupid.
As was not trading ahead of Dallas to pick CeeDee Lamb. Atlanta certainly would have taken a 4th round pick to move back 2 picks. This offense needed playmakers. Grier couldnt even see that.

It will be another year before Ross realizes he has 2 losers in Flores and Grier.

2 TDs today were scored again due to blown coverages. One was the long play with 27 sec left in the half (stupid af on the coaching staff for not playing prevent) and the other was the TD on Iggy. On the replay he just stood there I guess assuming he had help then tried to recover but it was to late.
Edit: I know the first wasn’t a TD but it lead to one

Agreed... Overall, we did a credible job vs the second best QB in the league. I'm really not sure what people expected.

Agreed... Overall, we did a credible job vs the second best QB in the league. I'm really not sure what people expected.
The thing that hurts the most is that we played well enough to win but made a lot of stupid costly mistakes. Makes the loss hurt more than when you get blown out. Then you have the poor coaching like not challenging the pass that was clearly behind the los. And of course the 27 sec TD

BTW... Carson only got 80 yards on the ground today. It was a respectable day for sure, but it isn't like he lit us up. Take away his one 18 yard run and his day was pretty pedestrian.

I am not trying to argue that our D-Line was stellar (it wasn't), but it wasn't as bad as some are claiming. Shutting down the run while simultaneously trying to keep Wilson from running free aint easy, and Wilson didn't get free... at all.

The biggest problem for the run game isn't getting gashed with guys being way out of position. It's that regardless of what position we're in we get outleveraged for extra yards.

Knowing that Seattle was going to run the ball three times to run out the clock, we basically had guys on him at the LOS on two of three of those carries. And yet he still managed to get good gains on each. That's the real problem, and it happened in the Patriots game too.

People like it was just some kind of accident Seattle came within a hair of losing against the Patriots and got it done. Well, when it was 4th and goal and Cam needed to get a first down, they had guys on him right away and they dragged his butt down at the point of contact. They refused to let him get further. We had a very similar situation with Cam where we had him 3-4 yards behind the LOS on a key late game conversion, and Van Noy literally whiffs on the tackle while the defender who does have Cam gets pulled 4 yards further and gets brought down. People act like Seattle is some kind of historically bad defense that would just let us do whatever we want on offense today, but Seattle is a good organization who finds a way to win.

I think, beyond the big plays and lapses that seem endemic for us in pass coverage, that's the concerning thing. This defense just doesn't have that refuse to lose mentality.

Last edited:
The thing that hurts the most is that we played well enough to win but made a lot of stupid costly mistakes. Makes the loss hurt more than when you get blown out. Then you have the poor coaching like not challenging the pass that was clearly behind the los. And of course the 27 sec TD

In the long run, to be honest... I don't mind losing these games. I'm not suggesting that we tank again, but I don't think we are better than average yet and I predicted that we'd win less than 8 games.

We are showing progress, but we are clearly missing a few players to really be competitive. We signed guys like Ogbah and Lawson as stopgaps... and it shows. We don't have a 1a RB or a slot WR and it shows... we have a 37 year old journeyman QB... and it shows.

I can't for the life of me understand why some people are so angry... we KNEW this was a three year rebuild, and suddenly, they seem to have forgotten this. Tua will start soon, and hopefully, he'll be a star, but for now... in this preseasonless season, we are growing.

The biggest problem for the run game isn't getting gashed with guys being way out of position. It's that regardless of what position we're in we get outleveraged for extra yards.

Knowing that Seattle was going to run the ball three times to run out the block, we basically had guys on him at the LOS on two of three of those carries. And yet he still managed to get good gains on each. That's the real problem, and it happened in the Patriots game too.

People like it was just some kind of like that Seattle came within a hair of losing against the Patriots and got it done. Well, when it was 4th and goal and Cam needed to get a first down, they had guys on him right away and they dragged his butt down at the point of contact. They refused to let him get further. We had a very similar situation with Cam where we had him 3-4 yards behind the LOS on a key late game conversion, and Van Noy literally whiffs on the tackle while the defender who does have Cam gets pulled 4 yards further and gets brought down. People act like Seattle is some kind of historically bad defense that would just let us do whatever we want on offense today, but Seattle is a good organization who finds a way to win.

I think, beyond the big plays and lapses that seem endemic for us in pass coverage, that's the concerning thing. This defense just doesn't have that refuse to lose mentality.

Our LBs are bad, and LBs stop these plays from extending. Baker isn't the guy, the journeymen that we signed as stopgaps, they aren't the guy. Next year, we'll bring in a hotshot rookie and hopefully, he WILL be the guy.

Back
Top Bottom