Zim’s Grades Week 4 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades Week 4

you gave very bad grades to the defense but we did not allow many points to a great offense.
You may want to digest the game a bit before you give a review to prevent emotions from clouding your judgement. Igbinoghene is young, he's going to look bad in games and have flashes of good, like most rookies. I don't blame him for not being an NFL starter quality immediately, but we have 2 of the top 7 cornerbacks in the NFL by pay and we haven't really shown any semblance of a lock down secondary. I bet with McCain and Rowe added, we have top 2-3 secondaries by salary. The coaching schemes for the secondary and their play through 4games are just not anything near being worth that salary.
and not pressuring the QB will also make the defensive backs look worse

To be fair teams take project players all the time at the end of the 1st. It gives you that team controlled 5th year option. Igbinoghene has definitely struggled, but he is a converted WR that doesn’t turn 21 until November 27th. I know we want day one superstar players, but the kid has plenty of time to develop into a quality starter.

Fair enough, who would you grade higher?

Almost all of them actually; we didn't play badly. We stayed in the game til the very end vs. a far superior team. We were expected to lose this game... and lose it badly, by almost every person on this board... yet, we didn't.

We controlled the clock and Fitz played a gutty game where his receivers were rarely open. We hurried Wilson on occasion and even forced him into a turnover. Compare that to his stats through three games. Lockett had three TDs last week I think...

The reaction here is WILDLY overwrought. The announcers for the game mentioned that we looked like a greatly improving team.

5 wins maybe 6 this year. I don’t think we get any more than that.

There wasn’t a FA available, or player we could have drafted, that would have made us win more than 6 games this year. It’s tough for fans when we lose close games, but we were supposed to lose to Seattle. Us winning would have been a huge upset. Heck, in my pick em league at work all 57 people took Seattle.

Right now, I would say that our three biggest needs for next year are these, a legitimate pass-rushing DE, a sideline to sideline headhunting LB, and a slot receiver with quickness. If we would have had these three things in today's game, we would have won the damned thing.

Temper tantrum threads... you should really wait a few hrs before doing these.
The DL getting a F is a bit far..
The secondary actually played fairly well if you watch Seattle play you would know that.. also 40 would make 23 look like a pro bowler.
Needham looks lost out there we don't have better options.. also he held Lockett fairly well. Watch all his coverage snaps on the all 22 then get back to me

I do think it's time to turn over the keys to Tua, unless he's not 100 percent healthy. You're right about Fitzpatrick. I think he could have easily had four or more interceptions today. He really made some bad decisions with the ball and hurt the team. It's amazing that Miami hung close in this game, but the effort was really good. Loved the third quarter, but needed TD's instead of FGs.

I thought the pass rush was a lot better today so I'd give the DL a better grade. This unit can't stop the run, though. Miami could really use a Tim Bowens-type.

This was a winnable game. Very winnable. But we found a way to sink to 1-3

That was a tremendous opening sentence. I was hoping someone would emphasize that theme. The Seahawks figured to be lethargic today and they were. It was anything but a high energy situational spot for them. They weren't going to maximize opportunities in that scenario, as a 3-0 team that frankly isn't very good, and on the road traveling to the East Coast.

Sure enough, Seattle had big drops in the first half from Metcalf and Lockett. They had multiple dropped interceptions. Yet we never had the lead and didn't come close to putting up the type of fight that was warranted, given the vulnerability of the opponent.

Winnable means situation, and not how the game unfolded.

Overall I would say it was the most disappointing effort of the Flores era so far. That defense doesn't hold anybody to field goals but we found a way. I didn't understand the failure to challenge the illegal forward pass call. The Dolphins for half a decade or more have been sharp in using challenges wisely. Then it was ridiculous not to go for the first down while down 17-12. I could understand it at 17-13. But not when a field goal still leaves you more than a full score behind, if Seattle answers with a touchdown.

Seattle hadn't put up a point in the second half to that point. That's why the head coach has to understand logical distribution, that a followup Seahawk touchdown was far more likely than you dared to believe.

I can't think of positives today. I spent most of the time watching Jerome Baker. Gad, does he have weaknesses that aren't fully obvious unless you focus on him. Send it in Jerome. Actually it's where are you going Jerome?

Seattle matched up better with Gesicki than I expected. I think that accounted for some of our failures in the red zone. I don't think the Dolphin coaching staff anticipated it either. Normally more things will open up given the problems Gesicki does cause down there, even if I'd still prefer a full fledged tight end.

Seattle also has a smart coaching staff that took away just enough of Fitzpatrick's line drive windows, especially when it mattered

The team folds and is soft. Management tries to be cute picking no name draft picks. Name one back on our team better than Jonathan Taylor I never heard of Igby.

Back
Top Bottom