Zim’s Grades Week 4 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades Week 4

How did Wilkins play? Did anyone notice him at all? I sure didn’t. Waste of a 13th overall pic imo. I’m not drafting a DT that high unless he’s a high sack guy. DTs can be had for peanuts in FA. Goodness that 2019 draft looks ugly
I could swear I heard that song before, almost verbatim. Was that you?

Almost all of them actually; we didn't play badly. We stayed in the game til the very end vs. a far superior team. We were expected to lose this game... and lose it badly, by almost every person on this board... yet, we didn't.

We controlled the clock and Fitz played a gutty game where his receivers were rarely open. We hurried Wilson on occasion and even forced him into a turnover. Compare that to his stats through three games. Lockett had three TDs last week I think...

The reaction here is WILDLY overwrought. The announcers for the game mentioned that we looked like a greatly improving team.

The announcers for this game were worse than Iggy.

Unless Flores trades 4th down punts and field goals for 4th down conversion we again will be looking for a new coach in 2 years. Are we trying to win games? It didn't look like it today.

Tua puts up points in bunches. Flores may be just the guy to slow that down.

Unless Flores trades 4th down punts and field goals for 4th down conversion we again will be looking for a new coach in 2 years. Are we trying to win games? It didn't look like it today.

Which of Tua's 0 points was the most exciting to you?

Tua does not have Ruggs, Waddle, Smith or Jeudy here. He has a bunch of slow WRs that cant get open or separate.

BTW... Carson only got 80 yards on the ground today. It was a respectable day for sure, but it isn't like he lit us up. Take away his one 18 yard run and his day was pretty pedestrian.

I am not trying to argue that our D-Line was stellar (it wasn't), but it wasn't as bad as some are claiming. Shutting down the run while simultaneously trying to keep Wilson from running free aint easy, and Wilson didn't get free... at all.

Yes 5.0yd/carry is really something to hang your hat on...especially from a guy that was questionable all week leading up to the game on whether he would play or not

Igbo is the youngest player in the league. Only his 3rd year playing CB. He has also ****ing sucked.

These are all just facts. Do with them what you will.

That was a tremendous opening sentence. I was hoping someone would emphasize that theme. The Seahawks figured to be lethargic today and they were. It was anything but a high energy situational spot for them. They weren't going to maximize opportunities in that scenario, as a 3-0 team that frankly isn't very good, and on the road traveling to the East Coast.

Sure enough, Seattle had big drops in the first half from Metcalf and Lockett. They had multiple dropped interceptions. Yet we never had the lead and didn't come close to putting up the type of fight that was warranted, given the vulnerability of the opponent.

Winnable means situation, and not how the game unfolded.

Overall I would say it was the most disappointing effort of the Flores era so far. That defense doesn't hold anybody to field goals but we found a way. I didn't understand the failure to challenge the illegal forward pass call. The Dolphins for half a decade or more have been sharp in using challenges wisely. Then it was ridiculous not to go for the first down while down 17-12. I could understand it at 17-13. But not when a field goal still leaves you more than a full score behind, if Seattle answers with a touchdown.

Seattle hadn't put up a point in the second half to that point. That's why the head coach has to understand logical distribution, that a followup Seahawk touchdown was far more likely than you dared to believe.

I can't think of positives today. I spent most of the time watching Jerome Baker. Gad, does he have weaknesses that aren't fully obvious unless you focus on him. Send it in Jerome. Actually it's where are you going Jerome?

Seattle matched up better with Gesicki than I expected. I think that accounted for some of our failures in the red zone. I don't think the Dolphin coaching staff anticipated it either. Normally more things will open up given the problems Gesicki does cause down there, even if I'd still prefer a full fledged tight end.

Seattle also has a smart coaching staff that took away just enough of Fitzpatrick's line drive windows, especially when it mattered

Did you realize the Seahawks, since they corrected the problem in 2017, are now 10-0 on the east coast playing the 10 am game? They corrected the problem by starting all of their practices at 10 am so now their bodies are well used to the problem. Now was this our best game? No. it wasn't. Our secondary did not have 5 starting or 2nd string DB's due to injuries, we played with a SS that was 3rd string and brought up from the practice squad and our slot corner is 2nd string. Including those out will be this year's All Pro SS in Jamal Adams....do you think they may have played a little differently with all those secondary folk back there? As for our offense, it was ok....31pts and 450+ yds from scrimmage is average....but other than winning there was not a great incentive to play well. No matter what the score looked like, there was no time that the game was ever in doubt. Enjoy the rest of your season and the high draft pick you have next April. Make sure you pass on a receiver like DK Metcalf in next year's draft...we always picking up future All Pro's in the 2nd rd

Did you realize the Seahawks, since they corrected the problem in 2017, are now 10-0 on the east coast playing the 10 am game? They corrected the problem by starting all of their practices at 10 am so now their bodies are well used to the problem. Now was this our best game? No. it wasn't. Our secondary did not have 5 starting or 2nd string DB's due to injuries, we played with a SS that was 3rd string and brought up from the practice squad and our slot corner is 2nd string. Including those out will be this year's All Pro SS in Jamal Adams....do you think they may have played a little differently with all those secondary folk back there? As for our offense, it was ok....31pts and 450+ yds from scrimmage is average....but other than winning there was not a great incentive to play well. No matter what the score looked like, there was no time that the game was ever in doubt. Enjoy the rest of your season and the high draft pick you have next April. Make sure you pass on a receiver like DK Metcalf in next year's draft...we always picking up future All Pro's in the 2nd rd

Why do you sound so upset? You’re probably a lot of fun at parties.

I have a logic question for you...

Since this was a winnable game and we managed to stay in the game vs. one of the best teams in the NFL... how can ALL of the grades be low?
Because the NFL is about Winning and Losing, not to "stay in the game"...its to Win. Fins fans are hysterical...this team, over the decades, has destroyed your perspective of what success is. "we stayed close, so good job." You think the Patriots, Steelers, Chiefs, Saints, et al, think like that? Hell no. It was winnable and the Fins lost. In miserable fashion.

In a league where scoring TDs is what wins games, the Fins are very good at kicking FGs.

Back
Top Bottom