Zim’s Matchup Analysis: Week 1 New England | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Matchup Analysis: Week 1 New England

Interesting write up. I think Godchaux and Van Noi will be looking to have good games against us, looking for some payback, so we are going to have to make sure that we get a hat on those two guys who may play with a bit of extra energy. Especially Van Noi who as I understand he was particularly salty when he left.

Having said that, I think the bottom line is this game is less about the trenches and more about the rookie QB that they have vs Tua. I think that is our primary advantage going into this one.

Both QB’s will have been exposed to the same defensive scheme, however, Tua has more experience and exposure to it and we would have to assume a better command of the offense and a better understanding of where the soft spots are in said defensive scheme. I think Mac Jones is going to be a tough matchup for years to come, but next week, he is just a rookie going into his first game against quite possibly the best, deepest, and most versatile secondary in the NFL, i.e. ours.

I expect X and maybe one of our other guys will get their hands on a football or two. I am curious to see how we do at stopping the run this year. I am hopeful that we will be better at that than last year. If we are, and we can stop the run,then it should be a turkey shoot vs a rookie QB experiencing his first “Welcome to the NFL“ moment.

I predict a good game, but a solid victory for Tua and the dolphins and I predict our Oline will hold up in pass protection, which will stretch the field out and create some space in our running game.
17 n.e to 20 dolpins.. kicker win games.. it could go either way

I said a while back, IIRC, it seems Miami was awful against the run on the D's left side. Not real bad between the tackles. I know most teams gave Miami a steady diet of sweeps or RBs jumping outside. That doesn't mean I'm not concerned about the run, but I don't think it will be as successful as some think.
Fans also know Flo was in NE for a while. He knows the way BB attacks a D and how he protects young QBs. This will be an interesting game

New England has a rookie QB making his first career start, Miami has the edge
i watch bama saturday.. bama qb had all day to passed.. these bama qbs will be interesting in pros...all of them. even one who starting now he will be first rd pick soon..

Miami really needs to set the tone early in this game. The fins D is more than capable of limiting their offense... fins O just needs to put up 20 IMO. Patriots time has come and gone with TB12 leaving. Hopefully that zebra favoritism goes away as they fade into perpetual mediocrity (wishful thinking)

Interesting write up. I think Godchaux and Van Noi will be looking to have good games against us, looking for some payback, so we are going to have to make sure that we get a hat on those two guys who may play with a bit of extra energy. Especially Van Noi who as I understand he was particularly salty when he left.

Having said that, I think the bottom line is this game is less about the trenches and more about the rookie QB that they have vs Tua. I think that is our primary advantage going into this one.

Both QB’s will have been exposed to the same defensive scheme, however, Tua has more experience and exposure to it and we would have to assume a better command of the offense and a better understanding of where the soft spots are in said defensive scheme. I think Mac Jones is going to be a tough matchup for years to come, but next week, he is just a rookie going into his first game against quite possibly the best, deepest, and most versatile secondary in the NFL, i.e. ours.

I expect X and maybe one of our other guys will get their hands on a football or two. I am curious to see how we do at stopping the run this year. I am hopeful that we will be better at that than last year. If we are, and we can stop the run,then it should be a turkey shoot vs a rookie QB experiencing his first “Welcome to the NFL“ moment.

I predict a good game, but a solid victory for Tua and the dolphins and I predict our Oline will hold up in pass protection, which will stretch the field out and create some space in our running game.

The ball will be out fast and I suspect we won’t even run the ball in the first half unless it is Tua scrambling

Back
Top Bottom