Zim’s Matchup Analysis: Week 1 New England | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Matchup Analysis: Week 1 New England

Not sure which kicker it was on the Patriots, but in the game I watched with them the kicker was awful, like missing extra points by 20 feet
Preseason game first one got have good kicker

I agree with a lot of what you're saying here, but I think our DL is better that you think and we will give the Pats OL some trouble up front.

Also, if we can get Tua in a rhythm with some short dink and dunk passing, we will be able to mask some of our OL deficiencies. We dont need him to sit back and throw the long ball when we have all these YAC extraordinaire receivers.

Pats OL will buy Jones a lot of time, so it's key we cover his targets well. I wouldn't rush the kitchen sink at him.

I don't know much about the NE offense these days, any notable wrs/tes/rbs to be keyed in on?

I'd love to see the fins put up 28+points in a game like this, it's just been so long since we've had an offensive attack that put up top 15 pts per game. Aside from the OL, this squad could have that potential. But when's the last time you saw a team with a sub par OL have a successful offense? RW and seattle? Not many examples I can think of.

I don't know much about the NE offense these days, any notable wrs/tes/rbs to be keyed in on?

I'd love to see the fins put up 28+points in a game like this, it's just been so long since we've had an offensive attack that put up top 15 pts per game. Aside from the OL, this squad could have that potential. But when's the last time you saw a team with a sub par OL have a successful offense? RW and seattle? Not many examples I can think of.
I don’t either, but they signed a very solid TE in Jonnu Smith…and I believe that is one area they’ll have the most success at in the game…based on our defense’s composition and strengths. I believe we’ll get a heavy dose of A) Running plays, B) Passes to TEs, and C) Passes to RBs/slots.

I don’t either, but they signed a very solid TE in Jonnu Smith…and I believe that is one area they’ll have the most success at in the game…based on our defense’s composition and strengths. I believe we’ll get a heavy dose of A) Running plays, B) Passes to TEs, and C) Passes to RBs/slots.

IIRC, Smith is the type TE that gave Rowe problems

The only TEs that gave Rowe problems were the ones who give everyone problems like Waller and Kelce…as far as a I recall anyway
Like you said, those two give everyone problems. Waller is basically a huge WR playing TE and Kelce is just the perfect TE right at this point in time.

Pats OL will buy Jones a lot of time, so it's key we cover his targets well. I wouldn't rush the kitchen sink at him.
I agree but I believe we will get a heavy dose of backs and TE’s. X will simply not get targeted.

Like you said, those two give everyone problems. Waller is basically a huge WR playing TE and Kelce is just the perfect TE right at this point in time.
He had excellent coverage on Waller most of the time. The throws were damn near perfect, and Waller made some great plays.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying here, but I think our DL is better that you think and we will give the Pats OL some trouble up front.

Also, if we can get Tua in a rhythm with some short dink and dunk passing, we will be able to mask some of our OL deficiencies. We dont need him to sit back and throw the long ball when we have all these YAC extraordinaire receivers.

That's what I expect from BB and Mac

I think:

New England is trash and we will win this game handily.

I hope you are correct, but I am not as confident. I wish it wasn't so, but I see our OL as a major liability that can be exploited. Plus, the Patriot's OL is good enough that if we aren't careful, they can run the ball down our throat, which would take a lot of pressure off of Mac. Rookie or not, if we can't make their offense one-dimensional (through points or stopping run consistently), it could be a long day for us. Nothing would make me happier than a one-sided beat down by the Dolphins. However, I want to see us play first. I am definitely not going to write a big "W" next to this game in pen before we play. I have no idea of what we are capable of or not in a real game.

P.S. Not trying to be negative. Just respecting our opponent and being realistic.

Last edited:
Totally forgot that we put 250 yards rushing & 3 Rushing TD's on NE last December. Big day for Ahmed with 122/1. (two rush TD for Tua).

Back
Top Bottom