Zim’s Thoughts On The Game: Preseason Game 1 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Thoughts On The Game: Preseason Game 1

DZimmer000

BJJ Black Belt
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
OK…..I’m not going to grade preseason games. I’ll start my grade thread once we start playing for real. BUT….I’m still going to give my worthless opinion on the fake game against the Bucs. So…..On to my thoughts:

• Thompson is a keeper. Period. End of story. No way he makes it to the Practice Squad.
  • D’Angelo Ross is not a keeper. He had a bad game tonight and I’m pretty sure he’s one of our easier cuts.
  • Noah Iggy is also not good. Honestly…..2 Passes defensed in 2 years tells me everything I need to know. He got burned again tonight for a TD. Time to trade him for anything we can get.
  • The loss of Trill Williams hurts. A LOT. I like his game and I felt he was coming on nicely.
  • Solomon Kindley has eaten himself out of a job. He looked slow and sloppy.
  • The OL overall was just OK. No running game to speak of tonight. That’s a little concerning even if it is early. The pass blocking wasn’t bad though.
  • I like this Porter Gustin kid. I thought he played well.
  • Speaking of playing well….I noticed Tindall tonight. Pleasantly surprised there.
  • Is Hunter Long still on the roster? I mean….Should we send a Sheriff to do a welfare check? I’m starting to think he was a waste of a 3rd rounder.
  • Sanu Jr. is nice. Looked like a man that is confident.
  • Easy E is a keeper.
  • TOUGH CHOICES AT RECEIVER for the final cut down. We are loaded.
  • I’m pretty sure if Gaskin or Ahmad ever see an actual hole in a defensive line they’re going to fall down from shock.
  • I thought Coach McDaniel was poised tonight. He didn’t look out of his league at all. Congratulations to him on his first win.
  • I LOVE OUR OFFENSIVE PLAYBOOK! And we’re not even showing any of it yet. There’s the potential to be VERY dangerous on that side of the ball.
  • I thought Teddy Bridgewater did a great job of keeping the Surface Books charged tonight.
  • Not sure why we played Davis or Phillips at all tonight. Regardless, I was impressed by both of them during their short stint tonight.
  • Sanders is back to being MONEY again. Nice to see.
  • We definitely need OL Help. I know some people are saying it’s too early to come to that conclusion….. But I disagree. I’d like to see us pick up a center, guard or tackle by trade or off the waiver wire.
That’s all I have for tonight. A win is a win….So I’m happy. If I had to grade our performance tonight I’d say it was a C +. Some good….Some bad and a lot of in between.

OK…..I’m not going to grade preseason games. I’ll start my grade thread once we start playing for real. BUT….I’m still going to give my worthless opinion on the fake game against the Bucs. So…..On to my thoughts:

• Thompson is a keeper. Period. End of story. No way he makes it to the Practice Squad.
  • D’Angelo Ross is not a keeper. He had a bad game tonight and I’m pretty sure he’s one of our easier cuts.
  • Noah Iggy is also not good. Honestly…..2 Passes defensed in 2 years tells me everything I need to know. He got burned again tonight for a TD. Time to trade him for anything we can get.
  • The loss of Trill Williams hurts. A LOT. I like his game and I felt he was coming on nicely.
  • The OL overall was just OK. No running game to speak of tonight. That’s a little concerning even if it is early. The pass blocking wasn’t bad though.
  • Speaking of playing well….I noticed Tindall tonight. Pleasantly surprised there.
  • Is Hunter Long still on the roster? I mean….Should we send a Sheriff to do a welfare check? I’m starting to think he was a waste of a 3rd rounder.
  • Easy E is a keeper.
  • I’m pretty sure if Gaskin or Ahmad ever see an actual hole in a defensive line they’re going to fall down from shock.
  • I thought Coach McDaniel was poised tonight. He didn’t look out of his league at all. Congratulations to him on his first win.
  • I LOVE OUR OFFENSIVE PLAYBOOK! And we’re not even showing any of it yet. There’s the potential to be VERY dangerous on that side of the ball.
  • I thought Teddy Bridgewater did a great job of keeping the Surface Books charged tonight.
  • Not sure why we played Davis or Phillips at all tonight. Regardless, I was impressed by both of them during their short stint tonight.
  • We definitely need OL Help. I know some people are saying it’s too early to come to that conclusion….. But I disagree. I’d like to see us pick up a center, guard or tackle by trade or off the waiver wire.
That’s all I have for tonight. A win is a win….So I’m happy. If I had to grade our performance tonight I’d say it was a C +. Some good….Some bad and a lot of in between.

Thanks brother Zim. Good breakdown

Always enjoy your write ups Zimm - doesn't matter if I agree or not... They are generally pretty level headed (for the most part).

So Thank you sir.

I thought Coach McDaniel was poised tonight. He didn’t look out of his league at all.
This right here was evident to me to and I am pleased...

I am out of town and can't watching until the morning. So I appreciate the report, Zim.

How long is Trill out for? He's a key guy for us.

Sounds like Coleman is still struggling as he did last year.

• Easy E is a keeper.
Appreciate the breakdown. Didn't get to watch. Hate hearing about the oline troubles. Seems like a re occurring theme. Hopefully its because a couple starters didn't play. Well at least its only the first preseason game

Back
Top Bottom