Zim’s Thoughts On The Game: Preseason Game 2 | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Thoughts On The Game: Preseason Game 2

I just wanted to point out that had we drafted Johnathan Taylor then we wouldn't have Iggy AND we would have a damn good Running Back
In hindsight we would not have picked Iggy, but if all teams had the same hindsight Taylor would not have been an option at that pick.

I know, I know - it’s only preseason. However, I’m bothered by the fact we had trouble getting to the end zone given we had so many big pass plays on offense. The bogging down inside opponent’s territory has been a theme w this offense for so long. Also, it’s really hard to ignore how ST pushes the ball down the field much better than the guys ahead of him. Just saying.
I agree but have to keep in mind this is preseason and winning matters less than the coaches putting guys in position to evaluate--sometimes deliberately positioning them to fail--because that process is more important than the outcome of a meaningless game. I am no more concerned by deficiencies in these preseason games than I am taking the successes with a grain of salt.

I guess we have to keep Iggy, cuz of his draft position and contract. And I dunno maybe potential. But MAN!!! We could use that roster spot! Between Skylar, Sanders, Gaskin, Ahmed, Cra, Bowden, Stille, Goode, Gustin, and others, we’re going to have to cut some talent. MAN we could use that spot!

What would this team look like now if Grier had taken Justin Herbert, Justin Jefferson, and Jonathan Taylor in 2020 instead of Tua, Jackson, and Iggy?
We should move on from that dream (and I'm a big Herbert fan) and appreciate what we have. Tua will be fine and this season will shut many peoples mouths. Additionally, we have a very nice prospect in Skyler, EZ, and others. Our future is good (although we should always be looking to improve).

You said dementia twice! Made you look!!

It doesn't matter who is the one that actually picked Iggy. We've got him and the light isn't going on for him. If Madison and Surtain can't get this kid to improve his play he's in sad shape. You can bet the farm that McD has a plan for Gisecki. With Tyreek and Waddle on the field Gisecki could feast with miss matches. Don't forget that Gisecki is very good in the red zone.

Back
Top Bottom