Zona Looking At Matt Moore? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zona Looking At Matt Moore?

Whadda lets say, we just let the future decide who is right or wrong. I say Jeff won't accept any offers less than a 3rd, and he will be on the DOLPHIN'S roster at the end of the year. Now you say THERE IS A TEAM out there trying to trade for him (your words) guess we can just sit back and see who is right.

This is not at all what I am saying. There's absolutely zero logical explanation for you coming to that conclusion in the context we are discussing here. Okay, let me rephrase.

I'm saying that, in the scenario of Matt Moore being traded, Jeff Ireland would accept a 4th or 5th round pick. Period. Am I saying that he's being traded for sure? Am I saying a team definitely wants him? No, I'm not.

How you came to that conclusion confuses me greatly, because we've been talking about a hypothetical situation this entire time. A hypothetical situation is a situation that does not necessarily exist but for the sake of a discussion or argument you assume a certain set of variables are to be one way when in reality they could go another way. I hope you understand that.

If we are playing the "let's see who is right" game, at least be accurate.

If Matt Moore is NOT traded, and it comes out a team offered a 4th/5th round pick, then you'll have been correct and I'll completely eat crow. I'll even gladly have a friendly side bet with you. Am I being clear here?

I'm just blown away you could read my post, in the context it was given, and take "OH CRAZY685 IS 100% SAYING THERE IS A TEAM TRADING FOR MATT MOORE" but I guess it's because of the company I keep around me. I'm sorry if my advanced metric of context confused you, it was never my intention.

And no matter how many times you call me an idiot or a moron, it won't add a shred of credibility to what you're attempting to argue here. That's like trying to win a discussion by yelling louder than the other guy.

Again - for clarity's sake - I'm saying ->

IF Matt Moore is traded, Ireland absolutely would accept a 4th/5th round.
IF Matt Moore is NOT traded, he will absolutley no be on the Miami Dolphins roster in 2013.

I tried to make that as spin proof and clear as possible, so hopefully there's no confusion.

This is not at all what I am saying. There's absolutely zero logical explanation for you coming to that conclusion in the context we are discussing here. Okay, let me rephrase.

I'm saying that, in the scenario of Matt Moore being traded, Jeff Ireland would accept a 4th or 5th round pick. Period. Am I saying that he's being traded for sure? Am I saying a team definitely wants him? No, I'm not.

How you came to that conclusion confuses me greatly, because we've been talking about a hypothetical situation this entire time. A hypothetical situation is a situation that does not necessarily exist but for the sake of a discussion or argument you assume a certain set of variables are to be one way when in reality they could go another way. I hope you understand that.

If we are playing the "let's see who is right" game, at least be accurate.

If Matt Moore is NOT traded, and it comes out a team offered a 4th/5th round pick, then you'll have been correct and I'll completely eat crow. I'll even gladly have a friendly side bet with you. Am I being clear here?

I'm just blown away you could read my post, in the context it was given, and take "OH CRAZY685 IS 100% SAYING THERE IS A TEAM TRADING FOR MATT MOORE" but I guess it's because of the company I keep around me. I'm sorry if my advanced metric of context confused you, it was never my intention.

And no matter how many times you call me an idiot or a moron, it won't add a shred of credibility to what you're attempting to argue here. That's like trying to win a discussion by yelling louder than the other guy.

Again - for clarity's sake - I'm saying ->

IF Matt Moore is traded, Ireland absolutely would accept a 4th/5th round.
IF Matt Moore is NOT traded, he will absolutley no be on the Miami Dolphins roster in 2013.

I tried to make that as spin proof and clear as possible, so hopefully there's no confusion.

I've grown tired of your name calling and insults because you can't understand even things that YOU said. In post 56 I highlighted YOUR WORDS "The fact that there is a team out there WILLING TO TRADE FOR HIM tells you that his market is higher than Miami will pay him". Now you can try to make this hypothetical if you so choose, but the thread is "Zona Looking At Matt Moore", not WHAT IF zona was looking at Matt Moore. Not real sure you have the ability to comprehend but this thread is about Matt Moore's trade value, right here right now, not in some hypothetical world. Please don't try and understand what, me or anyone else on here, writes when you have yet to prove you can even understand what YOU write. Baby steps, one at a time. You'll get there.

Which could net us a 5th or 6th instead of a 7th.

If Miami doesn't sign Moore after this season, he will probably sign with another team for a contract better than Henne's. I believe he is moore respected than Chad across the league. Assuming Miami doesn't go agrressive in the offseason, Miami would get a compensatory pick probably around a 6th. Albeit in 2014 but for doing nothing. For that reason alone, Miami would need much better than a 6th round value in picks or players to part with the backup and guidance that Matt provides.

If Miami doesn't sign Moore after this season, he will probably sign with another team for a contract better than Henne's. I believe he is moore respected than Chad across the league. Assuming Miami doesn't go agrressive in the offseason, Miami would get a compensatory pick probably around a 6th. Albeit in 2014 but for doing nothing. For that reason alone, Miami would need much better than a 6th round value in picks or players to part with the backup and guidance that Matt provides.

I said the same exact thing above. I don't believe we should just trade him to trade him. We'll probably get a draft pick for him anyways if he leaves so why not just keep him as a solid backup for the season.

Now if a team offered a 3 or a 4 for him then I say we jump on it.

You really have to laugh at everyone saying Miami would be left without a backup. Remember David Garrard is a FA and Miami could sign him up in a jiffy if they decide to trade Moore.

You really have to laugh at everyone saying Miami would be left without a backup. Remember David Garrard is a FA and Miami could sign him up in a jiffy if they decide to trade Moore.

you were all over Moore's jock this offseason wishing he was our starter, and you thought he'd be a solution for us at QB .. I told you time and time again, he's garbage

have you changed your tune yet ?

you were all over Moore's jock this offseason wishing he was our starter, and you thought he'd be a solution for us at QB .. I told you time and time again, he's garbage

have you changed your tune yet ?

Changed my tune a long time ago, if you'd follow me on twitter you'd know.

Here's the biggest question. IF we believe we have a playoff shot, do we want a VG vet backup QB as insurance over a 4th round pick next year?

So u keep him because of the slight, slight off chance that we are in the middle of a playoff race and tanny gets injured, but only injured enough so he misses a game or two, against opponents that we would have no chance with devlin but a legitimate shot with Moore? And because of those essential, arbitrary, non-qualitative aspects a backup qb brings such as leadership, influence and whatever else you said

I'm gonna just say I disagree

like was said earlier, they offer a fourth and my erectiono is muy grande

(1) We ARE in the race for a Playoffs spot.

(2) DEVLIN is d*(k, and severely overrated. He couldn't beat out anyone.

(3) MOORE was the 12th best QB in the entire NFL last season, despite having SPARANO as his HC, and having to deal w/COLUMBO-CAREY, and having a supposedly topshelf "D" that couldn't get a stop on a "Pop Warner" team when the game was on the line. He doesn't fit the WCO well, but SO WHAT? A LOT of teams don't play the WCO.

If they want to get quality at QB, and get him now, then they ante up! We don't owe them, or anyone else, a favor!!!

I think you need to read your post and laugh at that lol.

David Garrard hasn't played football in over a year. He couldn't even make it through training camp without injuring himself... by playing with his kids. I don't think he's a realistic option to be a solid backup QB right now.

Like I've mentioned above, I'm not against trading Moore if we get a quality pick back in return, but I also believe we'll be getting a late round Comp. pick if we just let him leave via free agency so why trade him for a late rd pick?

Back
Top Bottom