10 names in the next 10 picks you want... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

10 names in the next 10 picks you want...

walrus why randle out of all the guys left??? do tell...

by the way you get medical red flags on guys disclose them asap...that goes for all you guys...i get any info i give it up...and if konz is dropping for that i want to know

por favor

personally i think you wait on the oline here...cause i see depth there as of right now i expect to last a little bit...the run on pass rushers must be coming...but this classes edge rushers is meh anyways...

Casserly is saying a run on O-line, WR and Pass rusher is coming at the top of round 2.

Casserly is saying a run on O-line, WR and Pass rusher is coming at the top of round 2.

hmmm....what pass rusher you really like here though to the point you pass up something else...i tell ya what if fleener gets by the colts given the low price i've seen to move up i'm going to get him at say #35...if possible...thats a seam buster right there for philbins o

some reason i doubt they'll do it though

walrus why randle out of all the guys left??? do tell...

by the way you get medical red flags on guys disclose them asap...that goes for all you guys...i get any info i give it up...and if konz is dropping for that i want to know

I'm not sure he would be my absolutely top choice. I'm sort of trying to project based on what I think is going to happen (Fleener not being there, especially. And also who the Dolphins have met with). But I do think WR is a big need and I like him better than Hill. Randle, to me, is a vastly underrated receiver because of the quarterback he plays with. Good size, underrated speed, runs routes well, makes tough catches. I think he's a better prospect than Dwayne Bowe was and is a more consistent catcher and by all reports a good character guy, too.

I think there's some good depth in the middle rounds at OL, which is why I'd target Randle. But I just think that when it's all said and done, OL is a bigger need and with a head coach who used to be an offensive line coach and who mentions at every opportunity the necessity of improving the play of that unit I just find it hard to believe they'd pass.

One caveat, though. When you look at the people Miami met with (compiled by the Universal Draft guys), it's sort of light of offensive linemen who are going to be available @ 42. It seems more like a 3rd and 4th rounders kind of list. Massie and Osemele are really the only tackles who make sense and the only 2nd round kind of guard is 345 pound Brandon Brooks. I can't see that.

Of the likely options, my favorite is a trade up to go get Randle. But unfortunately, I can definitely the Rams targeting him. Hopefully St. Louis takes Hill instead or accepts like a fourth or fifth to move up. Omar says we tried to trade up back into the 1st round, so it could definitely be something we're targeting.

*note: I posted the link where I read about teams knocking down Konz for medical issues on the previous page*

I'm not sure he would be my absolutely top choice. I'm sort of trying to project based on what I think is going to happen (Fleener not being there, especially. And also who the Dolphins have met with). But I do think WR is a big need and I like him better than Hill. Randle, to me, is a vastly underrated receiver because of the quarterback he plays with. Good size, underrated speed, runs routes well, makes tough catches. I think he's a better prospect than Dwayne Bowe was and is a more consistent catcher and by all reports a good character guy, too.

I think there's some good depth in the middle rounds at OL, which is why I'd target Randle. But I just think that when it's all said and done, OL is a bigger need and with a head coach who used to be an offensive line coach and who mentions at every opportunity the necessity of improving the play of that unit I just find it hard to believe they'd pass.

One caveat, though. When you look at the people Miami met with (compiled by the Universal Draft guys), it's sort of light of offensive linemen who are going to be available @ 42. It seems more like a 3rd and 4th rounders kind of list. Massie and Osemele are really the only tackles who make sense and the only 2nd round kind of guard is 345 pound Brandon Brooks. I can't see that.

Of the likely options, my favorite is a trade up to go get Randle. But unfortunately, I can definitely the Rams targeting him. Hopefully St. Louis takes Hill instead or accepts like a fourth or fifth to move up. Omar says we tried to trade up back into the 1st round, so it could definitely be something we're targeting.

if i trade up its for fleener...but yeah i see what you're saying...especially the oline meets looks like geared to mid rounds...i like randle also and that height at almost 6 ft 3 is sweet...he's got what i call deceptive long speed...you don't think he's gonna run by you til he does

i might trade up for david also...i just love that guy

we tried to trade up huh...interesting

hmmm....what pass rusher you really like here though to the point you pass up something else...i tell ya what if fleener gets by the colts given the low price i've seen to move up i'm going to get him at say #35...if possible...thats a seam buster right there for philbins o

some reason i doubt they'll do it though
I think he's talking about Andre Branch, Upshaw and Curry...none of which I would trade up for but that's me. It would depend on who else is there but I would consider taking Curry at #42. I like Upshaw but I'm having trouble see how he fits in the new defense but then I'm not entirely sure what this new defense looks like.

I think he's talking about Andre Branch, Upshaw and Curry...none of which I would trade up for but that's me. It would depend on who else is there but I would consider taking Curry at #42. I like Upshaw but I'm having trouble see how he fits in the new defense but then I'm not entirely sure what this new defense looks like.

i think i pass on all 3 given what i see still available...curry might be the exception...upshaws lack of length hurts with ireland and branch i hate but given his length i'm scared at #42

True on Sanu but he's sure handed and a good route runner. You told me 10 guys...I only like 8 as a fit...if none of those 8 are there trade down.

I am a Rutgers alum and I watched every snap Sanu took. He had a horrible QB situation to deal with his Jr and Sr year....and he had at least 2 NFL prospects to compete with that Sr year and still demolished the school's single season reception record.... remember Kenny Britt was there.

if i trade up its for fleener...but yeah i see what you're saying...especially the oline meets looks like geared to mid rounds...i like randle also and that height at almost 6 ft 3 is sweet...he's got what i call deceptive long speed...you don't think he's gonna run by you til he does

i might trade up for david also...i just love that guy

we tried to trade up huh...interesting

Either Fleener or Randle would make me very happy. Fleener is the better player, imo, but Randle is close enough to him and is just a bigger need. The way Philbin talked about Clay I'm not sure whether they're targeting a TE in the 2nd.

In the third round, though, Ladarius Green would be a really interesting pick. He's got some big time upside if he can add weight and strength. He's got some Jermichael Finley in him, which Philbin would love. His college even ran a ZBS blocking scheme and some of the bootleg action plays off of it (though obviously Fleener would be even a better fit scheme wise).

I'd rather have Randle and Green than, say, Fleener and Chris Givens, is sort of what I'm getting at. Which makes me kind of crazy, because I love Fleener. But needs are needs and the draft is what it is.

David is a heckuva player, really fun to watch, but it won't be him. Just too short.

Either Fleener or Randle would make me very happy. Fleener is the better player, imo, but Randle is close enough to him and is just a bigger need. The way Philbin talked about Clay I'm not sure whether they're targeting a TE in the 2nd. In the third round, like I said, Ladarius Green would be a really interesting pick. He's got some big time upside if he can add weight and strength. I can picture Philbin seeing a guy with some Jermichael Finley in him. His college even ran a ZBS blocking scheme and some of the bootleg action plays off of it (though obviously Fleener would be even a better fit scheme wise).

David is a heckuva player, really fun to watch, but it won't be him. Just too short.

yeah the height with david makes me doubt there's a shot...we'd rather have 6 ft 4 guys like spitler who have zero instincts...but if its 43 til he goes i won't rule it out

i think fleener is who looks like finley for us given he can flex out right now and get coverage matchups with safeties etc but green i think is more at least a round 3 consideration given how raw he is and how light in the pants he is...he can separate though out of cuts unlike egnew

given the way this is shaking out right now green is a 4th round guy for me at least

here's something to ponder...you part with a 3rd rounder in the marshall trade ie early 70's and #42 for pick #33??? something i consider for fleener...heavily...although that pick the first on day 2 usually pulls a high return

here's something to ponder...you part with a 3rd rounder in the marshall trade ie early 70's and #42 for pick #33??? something i consider for fleener...heavily...although that pick the first on day 2 usually pulls a high return

That's giving up too much. According to the chart, going from #42 to #33 should cost you a high fourth rounder. Maybe there's some inflation because it's the first pick on the 2nd day, but not that much.

That's giving up too much. According to the chart, going from #42 to #33 should cost you a high fourth rounder. Maybe there's some inflation because it's the first pick on the 2nd day, but not that much.

i've seen that pick cost more...but for a 4th rounder i think i make the trade...i still doubt they will though

Back
Top Bottom