10 names in the next 10 picks you want... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

10 names in the next 10 picks you want...

Offensive line makes sense in the second. Quarterback was the position targeted for upgrade before Philbin arrived. Once he got here, the most specific he's been on any topic is need to boost athletic ability on the offensive line. It's his long term area of expertise, after all. I don't think for a second he's buying the false hope on guys like Jerry or Murtha.

Wide receiver is deep enough to address in the third and beyond.

I'm not sure who we'll prioritize but rooting for Cordy Glenn to go before our pick is logical. As others have posted, despite his athletic ability he doesn't appear to fit what Philbin wants.

Hoops, been a long time lurker, now a gettin a bit chatty lately, just excited about coming back to the States less than a month to go.....here's my 10 In no particular order:

1. CB, Jammell Fleming. I feel this corner has great hips and very fluid in the back pedal, got talent and very similar to Vontae Davis, will come up and stick the run. is very good in man coverage and I feel he could be on an island, not too sure about our new quarters defense and if that relies on good man coverage corners....please fill me in....i'm eager to learn.

2. CB, Trumaine Johnson. Another physical corner who has great talent, may take a lil while for him to get to speed in the speed of the NFL, ofcourse we like the Montana Connection....so I definitely believe he is on Irelands board. I also believe he is what they hoped they would have got in Sean Smith.

3. ILB, Lavonte David. Local kid who is tough and instinctual. Learned about him from you guys here on the board, seems a bit small for Irelands past preferences, but I have a feeling that Jeff Ireland maybe willing to change beliefs on old Parcellian concepts especially with this new staff.

4. OLB, Ronnel Lewis. Has had some injuries, but great at forcing turnovers, something this defense sorely lacks, and I feel would be a better OLB in a 4-3 than Burnett would be or could be.

5. DE, Vinny Curry. Some like him, some don't, but I feel the talent level after him and Branch dips significantly after them. I don't believe in Vernon, and the next DE should be available in the 4th round IMO.

6. OT, Johnathan Martin. Afirst round talent for sure, a guy mocked to us at #8 a few months back. I'm surprised he's not a first rounder, a smart guy who is quite athletic and has the ablility to be a good pass protector and run blocker. Has the ability to double as a RT and swing T. I am not as comfortable in believing that Murtha is what Martin is. Time will tell i'm sure, just think this guy is a very good value selection here!

7. C, Peter Konz. Another great value pick, definitely not sexy, but a guy who could slide to guard or move Pouncey to LG. I know many feel Pouncey would make an excellent LG, which I believe too. He was great as a rookie playing C, imagine what an even better C would do for our line. We could move Incognito to his more natural position of RG. This 1 selection could possibly improve 3 positions on the O-line!

8. OG/T, Cordy Glenn. I initially wrote this guy off because of his size, but what an athlete! If they could get him to drop to 330 while maintaining his strength and improving athleticism, this too would be an outstanding selection improving that right side of the line, again, not a very sexy pick, but when Reggie, DT and co. can run through huge holes, which will open up the passing game, we'd certainly see the sexiness of the selection of another 1st round talent but getting it at pick #42.

9. Big WR's: WR, Stephen Hill(explosive); WR, Rueben Randle(in between both guys here, great route runner); WR, Mohammed Sanu (slow, but quick, great route runner, physical guy). I am just wowed by Hill's athletic ability, and he made some acrobatic catches. He also is a very good run blocker, so it would seem to be a great selection. But why didn't they throw a bit more when they had that kind of recieving talent.....

Reuben Randle has had averaqe QB play and he just makes play after play, can get YAC, seems to be a quicker Dwayne Bowe type. But from what I have seen isnt great at selling cuts, but he's got strength and always finds a soft spot, seems very QB friendly, and I've heard that he's a perfect fit as a WCO, and seeing his size and speed numbers and draft value just screams Jordy Nelson to me.....

Mohammed Sanu is a guy who tested slow, I don't like the slow receiver's, how are they going to break a jam, but he has some Randle to his game, and always found a way to break long gains, seems to play with heart and intangibles. All 3 of these guys have shown the ability to catch passes hi and low, showing great flexibility, and agility in their catchability....I didn't mean to make it rhyme like that, but it just flew off the finger tips, which are starting to hurt!

10. Smaller WR's: WR, Chris Givens; WR, Ryan Broyles; WR, Joe Adams. Chris Givens is a great athlete, can run the route tree which is important, is explosive, but is it straight-line speed, you guys tell me, I value your opinions. I do like him, but I think he's available to us in the 3rd as probably the other 2 are as well.....

Ryan Broyles is just got an attitude about him at the WR position, he's tough and just won't be denied, I really like him, and think when he heals will become the beast he was. He would have been gone at this pick before the injury, so I put him here cuz I think h fits Philbin's WR to a T......

Joe Adams is electric, explosive will return, how about those returns, man the way he can cut at full speed, his agility is awesome, and has very good hands as well, I think he'd be great at slant routes which will be a staple of ours....again please tell me what you guys think....dam time to try out two different fingers to type with!

I do think that we will go one big and one small at the WR position, so that's why I did that....

11. BONUS: TE, Dwayne Allen. IMO, this TE is quick, explosive and strong in "pads." He is physical, which I love out of a TE, he would replace Fasano instantly and he would be a very good inline blocker, and receiving TE. Watching him in pads he looks fast and dominant. It was a surprise to see the slow 40 time, but the guy can play some football. I think he's one of those guys that you must overlook the 40 time with, he is a football player.
I think Fleener has great size and measurables, but think he's a bit too finesse, I'm not saying he wouldn't be a great pick, I just prefer tough and physical at TE. I do not see Gronkowski in Fleener, Gronk is so imposing with his brute strength and size, and quickness, I believe in pads that Allen is much closer to Gronk.

So, don't kill me hoops....I know its more than 10, but I got amped doing this, I'm getting ready to crash early today so I can wake up at 4 in the morning again to watch the 2nd round tonite! i'm glad my chief is an NFL fan, but unfortunately he's a Jets fan!

Reactions: MD
I hope we either trade up to the top of the second or trade up from the third to the second with our extra third rounder.

If we trade up from #42, I'd be chasing:

Courtney Upshaw (the smartest pas rusher in the draft - I could care less about his variety of moves, this guy has hands like chainsaws and thinks his way to the QB)
Kelechi Osemele
Stephen Hill

Staying Put:
Brandon Brooks
Reuben Randle
Vinny Curry

Trading up from the third to middle second:
Alshon Jeffrey
Mohammed Sanu
Jayron Hosely
Lavonte David

1-Upshaw - ideal IMO for flex D
2-J.Martin - Philbin talked about mobile O'lineman approx 315-320lbs
3-P.Konz - I love the idea of moving Pouncey to Gaurd.
4-Janoris Jenkins
5-Amini Silatolu
5-Andre Branch
7-Vinny Curry
8-M.Sanu
9-J.Robinson
10-B.Massie

Coby Fleener

Vinny Curry

Courtney Upshaw

Cordy Glenn

Kelechi Osemele

Stephen Hill

Janoris Jenkins

Mohamed Sanu

Alshon Jeffrey

Mychal Kendricks

Hoops, been a long time lurker, now a gettin a bit chatty lately, just excited about coming back to the States less than a month to go.....here's my 10 In no particular order:

1. CB, Jammell Fleming. I feel this corner has great hips and very fluid in the back pedal, got talent and very similar to Vontae Davis, will come up and stick the run. is very good in man coverage and I feel he could be on an island, not too sure about our new quarters defense and if that relies on good man coverage corners....please fill me in....i'm eager to learn.

2. CB, Trumaine Johnson. Another physical corner who has great talent, may take a lil while for him to get to speed in the speed of the NFL, ofcourse we like the Montana Connection....so I definitely believe he is on Irelands board. I also believe he is what they hoped they would have got in Sean Smith.

3. ILB, Lavonte David. Local kid who is tough and instinctual. Learned about him from you guys here on the board, seems a bit small for Irelands past preferences, but I have a feeling that Jeff Ireland maybe willing to change beliefs on old Parcellian concepts especially with this new staff.

4. OLB, Ronnel Lewis. Has had some injuries, but great at forcing turnovers, something this defense sorely lacks, and I feel would be a better OLB in a 4-3 than Burnett would be or could be.

5. DE, Vinny Curry. Some like him, some don't, but I feel the talent level after him and Branch dips significantly after them. I don't believe in Vernon, and the next DE should be available in the 4th round IMO.

6. OT, Johnathan Martin. Afirst round talent for sure, a guy mocked to us at #8 a few months back. I'm surprised he's not a first rounder, a smart guy who is quite athletic and has the ablility to be a good pass protector and run blocker. Has the ability to double as a RT and swing T. I am not as comfortable in believing that Murtha is what Martin is. Time will tell i'm sure, just think this guy is a very good value selection here!

7. C, Peter Konz. Another great value pick, definitely not sexy, but a guy who could slide to guard or move Pouncey to LG. I know many feel Pouncey would make an excellent LG, which I believe too. He was great as a rookie playing C, imagine what an even better C would do for our line. We could move Incognito to his more natural position of RG. This 1 selection could possibly improve 3 positions on the O-line!

8. OG/T, Cordy Glenn. I initially wrote this guy off because of his size, but what an athlete! If they could get him to drop to 330 while maintaining his strength and improving athleticism, this too would be an outstanding selection improving that right side of the line, again, not a very sexy pick, but when Reggie, DT and co. can run through huge holes, which will open up the passing game, we'd certainly see the sexiness of the selection of another 1st round talent but getting it at pick #42.

9. Big WR's: WR, Stephen Hill(explosive); WR, Rueben Randle(in between both guys here, great route runner); WR, Mohammed Sanu (slow, but quick, great route runner, physical guy). I am just wowed by Hill's athletic ability, and he made some acrobatic catches. He also is a very good run blocker, so it would seem to be a great selection. But why didn't they throw a bit more when they had that kind of recieving talent.....

Reuben Randle has had averaqe QB play and he just makes play after play, can get YAC, seems to be a quicker Dwayne Bowe type. But from what I have seen isnt great at selling cuts, but he's got strength and always finds a soft spot, seems very QB friendly, and I've heard that he's a perfect fit as a WCO, and seeing his size and speed numbers and draft value just screams Jordy Nelson to me.....

Mohammed Sanu is a guy who tested slow, I don't like the slow receiver's, how are they going to break a jam, but he has some Randle to his game, and always found a way to break long gains, seems to play with heart and intangibles. All 3 of these guys have shown the ability to catch passes hi and low, showing great flexibility, and agility in their catchability....I didn't mean to make it rhyme like that, but it just flew off the finger tips, which are starting to hurt!

10. Smaller WR's: WR, Chris Givens; WR, Ryan Broyles; WR, Joe Adams. Chris Givens is a great athlete, can run the route tree which is important, is explosive, but is it straight-line speed, you guys tell me, I value your opinions. I do like him, but I think he's available to us in the 3rd as probably the other 2 are as well.....

Ryan Broyles is just got an attitude about him at the WR position, he's tough and just won't be denied, I really like him, and think when he heals will become the beast he was. He would have been gone at this pick before the injury, so I put him here cuz I think h fits Philbin's WR to a T......

Joe Adams is electric, explosive will return, how about those returns, man the way he can cut at full speed, his agility is awesome, and has very good hands as well, I think he'd be great at slant routes which will be a staple of ours....again please tell me what you guys think....dam time to try out two different fingers to type with!

I do think that we will go one big and one small at the WR position, so that's why I did that....

11. BONUS: TE, Dwayne Allen. IMO, this TE is quick, explosive and strong in "pads." He is physical, which I love out of a TE, he would replace Fasano instantly and he would be a very good inline blocker, and receiving TE. Watching him in pads he looks fast and dominant. It was a surprise to see the slow 40 time, but the guy can play some football. I think he's one of those guys that you must overlook the 40 time with, he is a football player.
I think Fleener has great size and measurables, but think he's a bit too finesse, I'm not saying he wouldn't be a great pick, I just prefer tough and physical at TE. I do not see Gronkowski in Fleener, Gronk is so imposing with his brute strength and size, and quickness, I believe in pads that Allen is much closer to Gronk.

So, don't kill me hoops....I know its more than 10, but I got amped doing this, I'm getting ready to crash early today so I can wake up at 4 in the morning again to watch the 2nd round tonite! i'm glad my chief is an NFL fan, but unfortunately he's a Jets fan!

you should post more and stop lurking...you got some very good insight...

hey slimm...why no lavonte david and whats your take on massie??? sounds like the ravens want upshaw if he gets by the colts...teams calling about coming up for janoris jenkins...

what do you think about glenn in our system??? seems a little too damn large...i see someone in a power scheme pouncing there

hey slimm...why no lavonte david and whats your take on massie??? sounds like the ravens want upshaw if he gets by the colts...teams calling about coming up for janoris jenkins...

what do you think about glenn in our system??? seems a little too damn large...i see someone in a power scheme pouncing there

Two points on Lavonte David for me. First, he's not the best linebacker left on my board, Mychal Kendricks is. Secondly, I think he's more of a fit for the weakside in a Tampa or Cover-2 style defense. Hell of a player though. I'm looking for a 'Mike' at linebacker and David isn't that. I actually like Demorio Davis a little better than David anyway.

I don't have Massie graded this high on my board, I'd prefer Glenn or Osemele if they go tackle at the top of round 2. Cordy Glenn would be a nice fit for Miami at guard or tackle. If he isn't athletic enough to play in a ZBS then nobody is.

1 - Jonathan Martin
2 - Stephen Hill
3 - Cordy Glenn
4 - Alshon Jeffery
5 - Coby Fleener
6 - Rueben Randle
7- Peter Konz
8 -Courtney Upshaw
9 - Mike Adams
10 - Lamichael James

How do you guys see this shaking out at the top of Rd. 2? Im thinking several trades again...I can see us moving up a few spots for someone we like...but I dont think we jump into the first few picks of the round

osemele scares me in space at right tackle...i like him more inside at guard...i guess with you looking for a mike you would have dansby playing strong and burnett playing will in a 43...kendricks is nice and fluid and i see solid instincts but at that height i wonder...same for david though with ireland and is a wolb fit anyways ...i could see them waiting on mike and plucking davis later who has the size ireland prefers...i think davis has a lot of upside and you've mentioned how good his instincts are

names i don't want here are jonathon martin, andre branch, alshon jeffery, mike adams...

I wonder what the cost is to move up to one of those top 3 slots or so? A 3rd would do it for sure I think...maybe a 4th. Or one of our 3rds next year. I dont know how Irelands board is looking right now...but if its me I would be looking to trade up and get Fleener, Jenkins, or Randle/Hill. Get an immediate impact player

Back
Top Bottom