10 names in the next 10 picks you want... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

10 names in the next 10 picks you want...

what would you consider a stupid move? trading up to pick up a player at this point? or drafting someone other than your top 10?

The Andre Branch example hoops provided is a good start.

There's more than 10 players that I would consider for this pick. I only listed 10 because hoops asked for 10.... there's a few other good players that Miami could take here that I didn't list.

A stupid pick here is passing any of them up for a Pat White type pick here, Bill.

EDIT: Or trading up for a RB that isn't even the best on left on the board... for example.

Vinny Curry. We need to address pass rush, and he is my preference now that Nick Perry is off the board. This class is deeper for receivers than it is pass rush IMO, the pass rush pool is getting shallow and we need to get our guy before nothing but scraps are left.

IMO Hill will be gone with the first pick to STL. Fleener will be going to Indy. Fleener I love but right now he'd be a luxury player.

The Andre Branch example hoops provided is a good start.

There's more than 10 players that I would consider for this pick. I only listed 10 because hoops asked for 10.... there's a few other good players that Miami could take here that I didn't list.

A stupid pick here is passing any of them up for a Pat White type pick here, Bill.

EDIT: Or trading up for a RB that isn't even the best on left on the board... for example.
with bill parcels gone, my worries about another pat white pick has evaporated. However I agree, I am not and was not a big fan of the DT draft trade.

Coby Fleener

Vinny Curry

Courtney Upshaw

Cordy Glenn

Kelechi Osemele

Stephen Hill

Janoris Jenkins

Mohamed Sanu

Alshon Jeffrey

Mychal Kendricks

You were right about Fleener. I'm still kind of shocked, but after talking it through with you, I'm less shocked. Quick thing: Have you decided to place Jeffrey ahead of Randle, or do you view it as a fit thing? I'm just asking because you had Randle rated a few spots higher on your big board.

i could see a run on dt coming here also...some dts could come off in front of us and drop some guys in our wheelhouse...worthy, still, taamu, reyes all could be in play...imo in the top 50 dt was the best depth value in the draft

Last edited by a moderator:
You were right about Fleener. I'm still kind of shocked, but after talking it through with you, I'm less shocked. Quick thing: Have you decided to place Jeffrey ahead of Randle, or do you view it as a fit thing? I'm just asking because you had Randle rated a few spots higher on your big board.

I'd take Stephen Hill or Mohamed Sanu here before I took Rueben Randle, although it's not a tremendous gap there.

I'd take Randle before I took Alshon Jeffrey, and it's not a huge gap there either.

I have Greg Childs right in the mix with all these receivers mentioned here in terms of talent, although I think I have a better shot at getting him a little later (possibly 4th round) simply because of his knee.

I know people are projecting Fleener to the Colts, and with good reason, but a few things to consider as to why it may not happen.

1. Bruce Arians loves to spread the ball around with multiple WRs. Reggie Wayne ain't getting younger and the other WRs are Austin Collie, Donnie Avery, Quan Cosby, and Jarred Fason.
2. Arians inherited Heath Miller when he became OC in Pittsburgh. Heath is arguably a top 3-5 TE in the league. Outside of him, the Steelers under Arians used TEs more as blockers
3. The Colts are switching to a 3-4. They have no DL for that system. They have small ILBs. Freeney and Mathis are on the wrong side of 30, and Jerry Hughes has been a huge disappointment

i could see a run on dt coming here also...some dts could come off in front of us and drop some guys in our wheelhouse...worthy, still, taamu, reyes all could be in play...imo in the top 50 dt was the best depth value in the draft

Dead on here. I think the Colts have to start loading up on some of these versatile defensive lineman that fit the 0 and 5 techniques. Reyes, Ta'amu, K. Randall, Still, A. Hicks, Wolfe, etc..

I'd like to see Miami draft either Peter Konz, who would allow Pouncey to move to LG and Incognito to move to RG and solidify the line. Only if Konz's medical checks out!!! BUT the guy I really like is Tremaine Johnson CB out of Montana; the move of Jimmy Wilson to safety coupled with Johnson possibly being drafted; would give Miami a very solid group of DB's. I suspect that Wilson and Johnson would form the New Version of "The Miami Pound Machine", having these 2 Heat Seeking Missiles, patrolling the secondary would scare some WR, TE and RB's I would imagine. Wilson and Johnson would certainly, "KNOCK the SNOT OUT" of many opposing players!!! I ABSOLUTELY WOULD LOVE IT!!!

Tammy (sp) is pretty good so yeah fleener might make it past the colts. Would fleener help us more than a WR?

Dead on here. I think the Colts have to start loading up on some of these versatile defensive lineman that fit the 0 and 5 techniques. Reyes, Ta'amu, K. Randall, Still, A. Hicks, Wolfe, etc..

Exactly why I think if anyone is going to trade up, it'll be with them. They have plenty of their targets still available.

The Rams have traded down enough and already have like three of the next 13 picks. I don't see them trading down at all. I think their pick comes down to Stephen Hill or Reuben Randle. I like Sanu but that would be more of a surprise. My guess is that it'll be Hill. That WR core already has plenty of young possession guys in Salas, Amendola and Pettis.

Hill would add more of an explosive element than Randle, though I think Randle is an underrated deep threat.

trumaine johnson scares me at cb...he's got a lot of sean smith type tools imo...a tweener...if he's a corner imo its a cover 2 guy...i stay away personally...too risky for me...cb has a lot of depth right now also...unless there's a run here early tonight i think we can get a good one early round 3 or late 2nd in a trade up if need be...

not a big fan of johnsons hips and his transition out of his pedal...he's awfully long which means its gonna be harder for him to match feet and quickness with guys on the boundary like sean smith...i think he'd be a lot like smith in that he can cover tes with his length but struggle on the boundary against the quick twitch guys...but he's a lot more willing a tackler than sean smith which makes me think cover 2 corner or maybe free safety...safety being a projection though...

I wonder who we were targetting in a trade ip last night. Things could get interesting

Back
Top Bottom