10 names in the next 10 picks you want... | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

10 names in the next 10 picks you want...

Trying to trade up for Nick Perry then would imply trying to trade up for Vinny Curry now, to me.

Trying to trade up for Nick Perry then would imply trying to trade up for Vinny Curry now, to me.

yeah...i think all that philbin talking oline yesterday was more smokescreen stuff for our intentions tonight...he emphasized oline too much i smell bs...

but is curry a finished product...i don't see much upside

b/t if the first picks tonight break the way don banks projected in his round 2 mock good football players are gonna fly off fast...

yeah...i think all that philbin talking oline yesterday was more smokescreen stuff for our intentions tonight...he emphasized oline too much i smell bs...

but is curry a finished product...i don't see much upside

b/t if the first picks tonight break the way don banks projected in his round 2 mock good football players are gonna fly off fast...

If Curry's not the guy then who's left that can get to the QB? We may be going o-line just based on value. Upshaw, Curry, and Branch are the highest rated DE/OLB's left, but would any of them fit our needs well? I can see why Ireland tried to trade back up and get Perry. IMHO that's just the cost of waiting til the 2nd round to address a position that's pretty thin in this draft.

I think they wanted A.J. Jenkins but the ****ing 49ers drafted him

If Curry's not the guy then who's left that can get to the QB? We may be going o-line just based on value. Upshaw, Curry, and Branch are the highest rated DE/OLB's left, but would any of them fit our needs well? I can see why Ireland tried to trade back up and get Perry. IMHO that's just the cost of waiting til the 2nd round to address a position that's pretty thin in this draft.

that's a good point...i think currys ready to play right now also...i don't know that he'll be a great pro by any means but i think he could give us some pass rush help...and you got to like the motor...he also has similar size numbers with nick perry...

as for jonathon martin i have to think the bills at #41 would pull the trigger there for a left tackle prospect...

Bobby Massie
Dwayne Allen
Janoris Jenkins
Rueben Randle
Brandon Taylor
Courtney Upshaw
Cordy Glenn
Trumain Johnson
Peter Konz
Stephen Hill

Curry has plenty of upside. He's most productive defensive lineman in this draft. To me he's one of these kids that actually loves the game of football... I could tell it watching his film.

Anybody that buys that 4.9 time at the combine hasn't watched this kid closely enough. I've seen him chase T.Y. Hilton 20 yards downfield and catch him. The 4.64 he ran at his pro day is a lot closer to his football speed.

I've watched him run Mike Adams, Matt McCants, Don Barclay, Lamar Holmes, and several other quality left tackles absolutely ragged.

I think he's better than Upshaw.

Last edited by a moderator:
that's a good point...i think currys ready to play right now also...i don't know that he'll be a great pro by any means but i think he could give us some pass rush help...and you got to like the motor...he also has similar size numbers with nick perry...

as for jonathon martin i have to think the bills at #41 would pull the trigger there for a left tackle prospect...

I'm not sure Curry will be there when we pick with the run on pass rushers at the end of Rd. 1. I haven't paid any attention to the needs of the teams in front of us though. I agree we only need a solid guy opposite Wake. Ireland addressed resigning Wake on the JR show this AM with an emphatic and confident "it will get done", so whoever we take simply needs to complement one of the best pass rushers in the league, not replace him. BTW how does Curry project at DE in the 4-3?

Looking at the roster I'm wondering if interior lineman shouldn't be a higher priority over RT. Granted Martin would be a solid pick but we have (other than Long at LT) Lydon Murtha, Nate Garner, Will Barker and Artis Hicks (who it more Guard than Tackle) all listed as OT on the roster. The Guards are Incognito, Ray Feinga, John Jerry and Ryan Cook...none of which seem like a good fit for the ZBS. If Murtha can stay healthy (big IF) then I like Long at LT, Pouncey on the interior (either Center or LG) and Murtha at RT. I really don't like the rest of these guys for the scheme...minus Hicks but he's 33 and a backup player.

with curry if he's the guy we may have to jump jax at #38...we know they need a 43 de bad...kampman can't stay healthy and probably is getting cut they resigned the other try hard guy overachiever type mincey but its a major need...

i think you curry guys might have it right...if you wait your looking at guys like cam johnson which i'm not big on rush wise and olivier vernon who has upside but no polish etc...currys got more rush talents going for him than anyone still there...and of course there's andre branch which i want nothing to do with...if they wait they must be thinking that small school prospect ryan davis which given how much pass rush is a need for us they can't depend on...maybe massaquia is in play at some point

i also heard they like that blatnick kid but this is too rich

We just need an impact player. Immediate starter...so if thry take an Olineman it better be a plug and play

Curry has plenty of upside. He's most productive defensive lineman in this draft. To me he's one of these kids that actually loves the game of football... I could tell it watching his film.

Anybody that buys that 4.9 time at the combine hasn't watched this kid closely enough. I've seen him chase T.Y. Hilton 20 yards downfield and catch him. The 4.64 he ran at his pro day is a lot closer to his football speed.

I've watched him run Mike Adams, Matt McCants, Don Barclay, Lamar Holmes, and several other quality left tackles absolutely ragged.

I think he's better than Upshaw.

I agree with this. You can see it in his hand skills and how he works to time the snap. He's also clearly works in the weight room. You can see the dedication in his play.

I think Curry has some closing speed but I don't see the flexibility or explosiveness or overall athleticism that I want. He's not a completely finished product, obviously, but he's closer to being finished than most of these pass rushers and I can just see him sort of running into a wall at the next level, no longer able to get by because the skills he's worked to get... at the next level everyone has them.

I liked Nick Perry ahead of him, but Perry is much more inconsistent and the lack of work ethic shows up on tape. Makes no effort to time the snap, doesn't use his hands as well. But he's more explosive, more flexible. The upside is there but the bust potential is there. At pass rusher I'll take the upside, but that's me. I was one of the few on here who would have leaped at the chance to take Bruce Irvin in the 2nd.

Back
Top Bottom