10 names in the next 10 picks you want... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

10 names in the next 10 picks you want...

trumaine johnson scares me at cb...he's got a lot of sean smith type tools imo...a tweener...if he's a corner imo its a cover 2 guy...i stay away personally...too risky for me...cb has a lot of depth right now also...unless there's a run here early tonight i think we can get a good one early round 3 or late 2nd in a trade up if need be...

not a big fan of johnsons hips and his transition out of his pedal...he's awfully long which means its gonna be harder for him to match feet and quickness with guys on the boundary like sean smith...i think he'd be a lot like smith in that he can cover tes with his length but struggle on the boundary against the quick twitch guys...but he's a lot more willing a tackler than sean smith which makes me think cover 2 corner or maybe free safety...safety being a projection though...

Agreed. We already have plenty of these CB/S types in Marshall, Wilson and Smith. Maybe they think that's the wave of the future in covering these new wave TEs but I think we're fairly well covered there. As I've said before, Janoris Jenkins isn't on my draft board, but I could get on board with bringing in a true cover guy like Josh Robinson, though.

only thing about corners is once there's a run they go fast...you sleep you lose...gotta have 3 starters in todays nfl pretty much

the next time we hear about a college wr making a move to play corner in college remind me to take him off my draft board...i should have known smith wouldn't tackle given that

as for josh robinson i like him but is he a better zone fit...

the next time we hear about a college wr making a move to play corner in college remind me to take him off my draft board...i should have known smith wouldn't tackle given that

as for josh robinson i like him but is he a better zone fit...

Morris Claiborne went to LSU as a wide receiver and switched to corner if I'm not mistaken.

Morris Claiborne went to LSU as a wide receiver and switched to corner if I'm not mistaken.

well then strike that...reverse it...ha ha

that said i don't think claiborne's all that keen on tackling so it makes sense...but no matter that guys top 3 bpa in this draft

claiborne didn't play a year at wr though i don't think...i believe smith did

I think we go DB in the 4th ... I like a guy like Chase Minnifield. Great ball skills, good anticipation and can tackle. Kick returner too. I reckon he could be there in the 4th after his knee issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
minnifield is a major medical risk which killed his stock...

how the heck did decastro get to #24 and pittsburgh??? they stole something...i watched every game stanford played this year with visions of andrew luck spinning the rock in miami this year and i swear i may have counted less than one hands worth of plays where i felt like decastro was just a guy...everything else was rediculous how good he looked...

i don't get the nfl sometimes...let that kid fall to #24

Fleener
Hill
Curry
Randle
Jenkins
Upshaw
Sanu
Glenn
Konz (said crazier things have happened)
Kendricks

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Really, if I'm convinced Jenkins is going to turn get his **** together, he's 1a with Fleener.

minnifield is a major medical risk which killed his stock...

how the heck did decastro get to #24 and pittsburgh??? they stole something...i watched every game stanford played this year with visions of andrew luck spinning the rock in miami this year and i swear i may have counted less than one hands worth of plays where i felt like decastro was just a guy...everything else was rediculous how good he looked...

i don't get the nfl sometimes...let that kid fall to #24

as bad as it sounds, teams just don't value the guards in the first round. The 2 who went this year went to teams that were desperate at the position.

for now on i will refer to brandon weeden as "the situation"...i'll let you guys figure it out

In no order...
Randle
Hill
Sanu
Curry
Upshaw
Fleener
David
Konz
Martin
Allen

for now on i will refer to brandon weeden as "the situation"...i'll let you guys figure it out

i give up

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

also someone on the mains posted that Ireland tried to get back into the first round to get Nick Perry. Dont know if true but we do need someone opposite Wake pretty badly

i give up

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

also someone on the mains posted that Ireland tried to get back into the first round to get Nick Perry. Dont know if true but we do need someone opposite Wake pretty badly

nick perry huh...nothing wrong with that...thanks for the heads up

lots of jonathon martin people here...i just think he's a year away cause he needs to get much stronger...and he has a tendency to play standing straight up almost...i think he's a future solid pro but i don't know if he's a plug and play tackle right now

Back
Top Bottom