10 names in the next 10 picks you want... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

10 names in the next 10 picks you want...

here's something to ponder...you part with a 3rd rounder in the marshall trade ie early 70's and #42 for pick #33??? something i consider for fleener...heavily...although that pick the first on day 2 usually pulls a high return

it's somethig I think Philbin is probably pulling for right now, we need some sort of miss match weapon and Fleener fits that mold a la jermichael Finley.

1. Reuben Randle
2. Courtney Upshaw
3. Stephen Hill
4. Coby Fleener
5. Alshon Jeffery
6. Jonathan Martin
7. Mohamed Sanu
8. Mike Adams
9. Cordy Glenn
10. Janoris Jenkins

i've seen that pick cost more...but for a 4th rounder i think i make the trade...i still doubt they will though
Well the Rams did trade down to 14 for only a 2nd rounder. Im sure they would trade back to pick up an extra 4th. They are stockpiling mid rounders

did ireland really say i didn't draft a qb in the first round for him to be a backup like darlington just said??? makes me think ireland wants the kid to win the job asap

Another thing to think about, relative to taking an OL in the 2nd.

What did the Jets do in the 1st round? Take Quinton Coples.

What did the Patriots do in the 1st round? Take Chandler Jones and Dont'a Hightower.

What did Buffalo do this offseason? Add Mario Williams and Mark Anderson to what was already one of the better defensive lines in football.

Scary. You better protect the quarterback if you're going to succeed in the AFC East. Last year we were awful on the right side and so far we've added... Artis Hicks?

You better have a heck of a training staff if you're going to roll into division games with this group. Yeesh. I don't love Bobbie Massie as a prospect but he might have just leaped to #1 on my list (based on the list of guys Miami's met with. In terms of OLs if I had my pick in the 2nd it would be Jonathan Martin).

Another thing to think about, relative to taking an OL in the 2nd.

What did the Jets do in the 1st round? Take Quinton Coples.

What did the Patriots do in the 1st round? Take Chandler Jones and Dont'a Hightower.

What did Buffalo do this offseason? Add Mario Williams and Mark Anderson to what was already one of the better defensive lines in football.

Scary. You better protect the quarterback if you're going to succeed in the AFC East. Last year we were awful on the right side and so far we've added... Artis Hicks?

You better have a heck of a training staff if you're going to roll into division games with this group. Yeesh.
While I completely agree we have to upgrade the O-line...I just think some of these guys are too good to pass up just to fill a need. I think there will still be some solid O-line prospects in the 3rd. You make a pretty scary point though...haha. Plus Philibin said something along the lines of keeping a QB upright and giving him a clean pocket is critical for young QBS

call me crazy but i believe that there's a upgrade to colombo at right tackle already in house...i think we have guys who can play right tackle/right guard in jerry garner and murtha

not sayin i wouldn't go get guys but i wouldn't let that need trump talent for us

call me crazy but i believe that there's a upgrade to colombo at right tackle already in house...i think we have guys who can play right tackle/right guard in jerry garner and murtha

not sayin i wouldn't go get guys but i wouldn't let that need trump talent for us
Anything is an upgrade over Columbo. But I agree. I think we still pick up either a RG or RT with one of our 3rds. But Im not passing up a chance at a guy like Fleener or Jenkins or Hill so I can take a RT like Massie. PS did you ever find out if what Darlington said was true? I hope they let Tanny have a legit shot at starting. I think Moore gets traded or something happens because there is no way Tanny is a 3rd stringer getting no reps.

I don't think you're crazy but I think it's difficult to feel good rolling into a season with a guy who can't stay healthy (Murtha) and another one who's yet to find a way to get his fat ass on the field (Jerry) as the competition for the starting job at RT.

I dunno. It's not like there's a "solution" to the problem at this point of the draft, anyway, no matter what you do. The mistake was made several moves ago when we let Winston out the door. Huge error, that was. Huge.

Listening to the coach on Finsider after the pick he emphasized the O line. I think that's were they go. Then reciever and pass rusher in the 3rd.

Listening to the coach on Finsider after the pick he emphasized the O line. I think that's were they go. Then reciever and pass rusher in the 3rd.
I would go OL too. Mike Adams was dominant in the Senior Bowl. There wont be any pass rushers left in rd 3 though. Upshaw might be the smarter pick.

If you don´t take DE/OLB in round 2, then you can go entire draft without picking anybody.

The second round looks more intriguing than the first did. I hope we get Hill.

Back
Top Bottom