2009-2010 Miami Heat Thread: Race to the Finish | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2009-2010 Miami Heat Thread: Race to the Finish

Im loving this Heat season so far. My expectations have gone through the roofs

Well, our football team sucks, but at least we got D-Wade and the Heat. Hopefully this hot start isn't a fluke.

Mario Chalmers content, but Heat wants to see more

Miami Heat guard Mario Chalmers has already had an up-and-down season.

At least that's what teammate Dwyane Wade thinks about Chalmers' six-game performance.

"I'm going to be a little harder on him," Wade said. "He's had maybe three games good and three games not so good."

Chalmers' season so far has included foul trouble, ill-advised defensive gambles and poor defense. But he's also flashed offensive promise, solid-decision making and strong leadership.

"I think I'm coming along better," Chalmers said. "I've been getting back to playing mode, being patient, just letting the game come to me."

Chalmers, the second-year former second-round pick out of Kansas, has a chance to make a statement this week while defending three point guards of varying magnitude in home games this week: Washington's Gilbert Arenas on Tuesday, Cleveland's Mo Williams on Thursday and New Jersey's Rafer Alston on Saturday.

But he's not rushing things, which could be a sign of maturity or an indication he's not worried about losing his starting job.

Chalmers is averaging 9.3 points per game while shooting .514 from the field. He's scored in double figures in three games. He's averaging 4.8 assists and 2.5 turnovers per game, right around the 2-to-1 ratio coaches like to see, and his 2.17 steals per game is tied for 14th in the NBA.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-chalmers-s110809,0,2173242.story

Michael Beasley looking to rebound from limited output

Michael Beasley took his game to new heights at Monday's practice.

With braids out and 'fro full extended, the second-year Miami Heat power forward figured he measured in "at about seven foot one."

Whether the 'fro remains in place for Tuesday night's game against the visiting Washington Wizards is another story.

"I haven't decided yet," he said with a smile of the unkempt billow. "I don't know."

But Beasley, about to make his seventh start of the season, appreciates that he has to play bigger than he has in recent games.

After grabbing 23 rebounds in his first three games, Beasley, who generously is listed by the Heat at 6-9 1/2, has 11 in the last three. That's four fewer than guard Dwyane Wade over the same span, 17 fewer than small forward Quentin Richardson.

"I've been kind in an offensive funk, missing my first couple of shots and pretty much my whole game has been off," he said. "It's me. There's nothing going on. I've got to get back to doing what I do."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-beasley-s110909,0,821121.story

yeah but at least we have a banner to show for it

the heat look like they are for real this year, q-rich better fit than moon

Fitting that we go for our best start in franchise history (7-1) against Lebron and Shaq.

What are the chances Wade will poster Shaq? Probably pretty slim, but that would make my year.

The Richardson signing was a great one by the FO...seems like he's really got it together this year so far.

Back
Top Bottom